Vlad Ducasse: Bust or Beast?

TNJet

Vlad bust or beast??  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Vlad bust or beast??

• Beast
    • Bust

Cant tell yet... I'm actually kind of worried about his competition in college and his overral rawness. But theres no denying his upside and athleticism. Thoughts? will he be a beast and start the season as our LG? or bust out and give it over to Slauson? Vote and explain how you feel about Vlad.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ummmm..... can we let the guy have at least one preseason game first.

Thank you. This is ridiculous.

The dude hasn't even participated in one training camp yet and someone wants to vote on whether he is a bust already?

Can we at least wait until we see a guy play once before we judge his entire career?

I think D'Brick has been victimized by this attitude more than any other. Dude had one bad game in the first month of his rookie year and it seems as though people can't seem to let that one game go. Dude has never repeated the mistakes he made in that game yet you still have people criticizing him based on things he did one time.

Pure speculation, but I say he's much closer to a "beast" than a "bust" when all is said and done. As was mentioned, he's working between D'Brick and Mangold, and he happens to have the best OL coach in the game putting him through a crash course. The talent seems to be there, the work ethic seems to be too, meaning he'll be fine.

Thank you. This is ridiculous.

The dude hasn't even participated in one training camp yet and someone wants to vote on whether he is a bust already?

Can we at least wait until we see a guy play once before we judge his entire career?

I think D'Brick has been victimized by this attitude more than any other. Dude had one bad game in the first month of his rookie year and it seems as though people can't seem to let that one game go. Dude has never repeated the mistakes he made in that game yet you still have people criticizing him based on things he did one time.

thank God you are here to prevent fans from predicting the quality of the team's draft picks. ](*,)

You don't agree that taking a vote as to whether or not a player is a bust before he has so much as participated in one NFL training camp is just a tad premature?

you don't agree that predicting what our record will be is a tad premature? you don't agree that discussing how kyle wilson was "the best db in the draft" is tad premature? you don't agree that discussing how many sacks JT will get is a tad premature? you don't agree that discussing whether revis will hold out is a tad premature? you don't agree that wondering if brady will leave NE is a tad premature? you don't agree that discussing whether smoketonio will excel this year is a tad premature?

if all of these discussions are a tad premature and off limits according to you than you're more than a tad sanctimonious.

it's like you've never been through an offseason before.

you don't agree that predicting what our record will be is a tad premature? you don't agree that discussing how kyle wilson was "the best db in the draft" is tad premature? you don't agree that discussing how many sacks JT will get is a tad premature? you don't agree that discussing whether revis will hold out is a tad premature? you don't agree that wondering if brady will leave NE is a tad premature? you don't agree that discussing whether smoketonio will excel this year is a tad premature?

if all of these discussions are a tad premature and off limits according to you than you're more than a tad sanctimonious.

but on most of those premature discussions we have something to back it up.

but on most of those premature discussions we have something to back it up.

don't make me dig up all the threads predicting sanchez's season last year. and he only had 16 college games to judge from. you do realize that scounts make a living from predicting nfl success by college success, right? what's the harm in fans doing the same?

the point is, if you think it's premature than move on to the next thread. chiding fans for predicting what will happen to a team is even more pointless than predicting whether vlad will be a stud or a bust. at least the latter is fun, until sanctimonious killjoys try to stomp out the conversation.

I see nothing but upside with this kid. He's really big, athletic, still learning the game, and extremely coachable. Pass protection was a huge problem from the LG spot last year, but the college LT should come with some of those skills already.

There's sure to be rookie bumps in the road, and his errors will be much more on display than Faneca's have been the last couple years, but I think there's a real chance that he'll be an upgrade this year.

That's a little different than assigning the term "bust" to a kid very few people have seen play and none have seen play at this level.

Can you compare Kyle Wilson's performance in college to other CBs taken in the 2010 draft and make and educated guess as to how his skills translate to the NFL as opposed to other CBs taken in the 2010 draft? Yes you can.

Can you figure out based on Revis past history of holdouts and what he is potentially giving up by holding out and make an educated guess or at least formulate an informed opinion? Yes you can.

Can you judge Santonio Holmes prior performance on the field and extrapolate whether or not he will succeed in a different offense based on his particular skillset at this level? Yes you can.

Can you formulate an opnion as to what you think Brady will do based on his current circumstances and the Patriots historically stingy ways regarding aging players? Yes you can.

Can you make an informed judgement based on Jason Taylor's skills and an understanding of how he was used last year and how the Jets will most likely use him and guess with a fair amount of accuracy how many sacks he will get this coming season? Yes you can.

Can you make any informed assessment of Vladimir Ducasse's performance in the NFL right now? No you can't. You have nothing to base your opinion on.

Can you compare Kyle Wilson's performance in college to other CBs taken in the 2010 draft and make and educated guess as to how his skills translate to the NFL as opposed to other CBs taken in the 2010 draft? Yes you can.

Can you make any informed assessment of Vladimir Ducasse's performance in the NFL right now? No you can't. You have nothing to base your opinion on.

How come you can come to some conclusions on Kyle, but not Vlad?

I agree that it's a little premature to throw around the bust word, but certainly we can speculate about the guy.

"Can you make any informed assessment of Vladimir Ducasse's performance in the NFL right now? No you can't. You have nothing to base your opinion on. "

You act like football fans have never tried to predict a players ability prior to them getting on the NFL stage.

Sheesh, its only a preseason guesstimation for christ sakes.

As your girl Garb might say, calm down Skippy.

How come you can come to some conclusions on Kyle, but not Vlad?

I agree that it's a little premature to throw around the bust word, but certainly we can speculate about the guy.

You can make a better educated guess about Kyle Wilson in relation to the other CBs taken in the draft because you just saw them playing against the same level of competition and you know what skills translate better to the NFL than others at that position. Plus Wilson played at Boise State which has been a very high profile program during his college career so anyone who follows college football has had more than a few opportunities to see him play. The same can be said for the other top CBs from the past draft like Joe Haden from Florida. You can't say the same about Ducasse playing at UMass.

Trying to guess whether or not a guy is going to bust out is a completely different thing. The vast majority of us never saw Ducasse play in college. We haven't seen him attempt to play in the NFL. All we know is what we read from scouting reports and who his OL coach is and teammates are. None of that tells us whether or not the guy will be a "bust."

"Can you make any informed assessment of Vladimir Ducasse's performance in the NFL right now? No you can't. You have nothing to base your opinion on. "

You act like football fans have never tried to predict a players ability prior to them getting on the NFL stage.

Sheesh, its only a preseason guesstimation for christ sakes.

As your girl Garb might say, calm down Skippy.

I follow college football. I've seen Kyle Wilson play... a lot. I've seen Joe Haden play... a lot. I know which one I thought was the better player coming out of college (Wilson) and I can tell you that Haden was pumped up and became a top 10 pick because of the program he played for and the competition he played against while his performance was really no more impressive to me than Wilson's. Haden played at the higher profile program and in the higher profile conference so his value got inflated in my opinion.

I can't say that I've seen Ducasse play. I can read a scouting report like the next guy. It doesn't tell me whether or not the guy is going to be a bust or a beast. Based on scouting reports, Jeff George should have been the greatest QB to ever play the game. Based on scouting reports, Tom Brady was a legitimate 6th round pick.

That's a little different than assigning the term "bust" to a kid very few people have seen play and none have seen play at this level.

Can you figure out based on Revis past history of holdouts and what he is potentially giving up by holding out and make an educated guess or at least formulate an informed opinion? Yes you can.

Can you judge Santonio Holmes prior performance on the field and extrapolate whether or not he will succeed in a different offense based on his particular skillset at this level? Yes you can.

Can you formulate an opnion as to what you think Brady will do based on his current circumstances and the Patriots historically stingy ways regarding aging players? Yes you can.

Can you make an informed judgement based on Jason Taylor's skills and an understanding of how he was used last year and how the Jets will most likely use him and guess with a fair amount of accuracy how many sacks he will get this coming season? Yes you can.

is this guy for real?

your bloomers are showing, shirley.

so because YOU think there is enough data to evaluate kyle wilson prematurely it's ok. but because YOU think there isn't enough to make predictions about vlad here you are typing angry novels by headbutting your keyboard.

as a wise man once said, "Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man."

I think the more important question is why are you so threatened by our opinions? Just post you don't have enough data to vote in the poll and leave us uneducated rubes alone to discuss it.

is this guy for real?

your bloomers are showing, shirley.

so because YOU think there is enough data to evaluate kyle wilson prematurely it's ok. but because YOU think there isn't enough to make predictions about vlad here you are typing angry novels by headbutting your keyboard.

as a wise man once said, "Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man."

I think the more important question is why are you so threatened by our opinions? Just post you don't have enough data to vote in the poll and leave us uneducated rubes alone to discuss it.

Are you ****ing serious?

I follow college football. I've seen Kyle Wilson play... a lot. I've seen Joe Haden play... a lot. I know which one I thought was the better player coming out of college (Wilson) and I can tell you that Haden was pumped up and became a top 10 pick because of the program he played for and the competition he played against while his performance was really no more impressive to me than Wilson's. Haden played at the higher profile program and in the higher profile conference so his value got inflated in my opinion.

I can't say that I've seen Ducasse play. I can read a scouting report like the next guy. It doesn't tell me whether or not the guy is going to be a bust or a beast. Based on scouting reports, Jeff George should have been the greatest QB to ever play the game. Based on scouting reports, Tom Brady was a legitimate 6th round pick.

Blah blah blah blah blah......................................

pretty funny a guy who admits he has no data to offer an opinion in this thread is in here offering more opinions than anyone.

So you ask me to expand my answer. I do just that. You have no valid comeback so instead you attack me personally? You must be one hell of a lawyer. :rolleyes:

Prosecutor: That man is guilty!

JGB: No he's not, you can't prove that.

Prosecutor: We have video of your client committing the crime. Here it is. Go ahead and watch it. In fact, keep the copy, we have several.

JGB: You're a poopyhead!

I was actually agreeing with a lot of what you were saying about the exposure and getting to see them play in college to make an assessment and then you dropped this doozy.

Haden was a beast and it had nothing to do with a system. And what is this system that you are referring to? Now the Gators have a defensive system that is hokey like their offense? Cuz I've been watching this team for a long time and they just line up and out man you...game after game. And dont begin to tell me you watched as much of Kyle Wilson as you did Joe Haden...I'll punch you in the face the next time I see you if you try and pass that poop off to me.

Your homeristic nature is shinning like I've never seen before...if we drafted Joe Haden, not a chance in hell you'd ever make this comment. There is a reason why Haden was the #7 pick over and Wilson was 20+ picks later and another CB got drafted in front of him. This post was straight Green and White projectile doodoo out of this agape mouth...:akf:

I was actually agreeing with a lot of what you were saying about the exposure and getting to see them play in college to make an assessment and then you dropped this doozy.

Haden was a beast and it had nothing to do with a system. And what is this system that you are referring to? Now the Gators have a defensive system that is hokey like their offense? Cuz I've been watching this team for a long time and they just line up and out man you...game after game. And dont begin to tell me you watched as much of Kyle Wilson as you did Joe Haden...I'll punch you in the face the next time I see you if you try and pass that poop off to me.

Your homeristic nature is shinning like I've never seen before...if we drafted Joe Haden, not a chance in hell you'd ever make this comment. There is a reason why Haden was the #7 pick over and Wilson was 20+ picks later and another CB got drafted in front of him. This post was straight Green and White projectile doodoo out of this agape mouth...:akf:

I didn't use the word "system" in the post you replied to so I got no clue what you're talking about there.

I said that Haden played for a higher profile program and in a higher profile conference. I know your homeriffic view of Florida and the SEC and so does everybody else. You got all pissy at Rex Ryan this time last year because of your love for Channing Crowder.

http://walterfootball.com/draft2010CB.php - Haden 1, Wilson 2. With Wilson being stronger as he outperformed Haden in the bench press.

http://www.capperspicks.com/blog/nfl/cornerback-ratings-2010-draft-projections-290310/ - Haden 1, Wilson 2 with Wilson outperforming Haden at the comine and being downgraded due to his 2007 suspension.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/04/08/2010-draft-cornerback-rankings/ Haden 1, Wilson 2 with them going in back to back picks in the draft.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/prospectrankings/TSX/2010_CB - Haden 1, Wilson 3 with Earl Thomas inexplicably listed as a corner with Wilson's stock rising heading into the draft and Haden's stagnating.

http://nflmockdraftking.com/2010-nfl-draft-rankings-corner-backs226/ Haden 1, Wilson 2 with McCourty all the way down at 7.

http://www.thefootballexpert.com/rankings/2010/2010nfldraftCB.html Haden 1, Wilson 2 with identical grades.

Looks like most people had these guys rated very close with the edge going to Haden because of the school he went to. Who's the homer here? :Nuts:

pretty funny a guy who admits he has no data to offer an opinion in this thread is in here offering more opinions than anyone.

So you ask me to expand my answer. I do just that. You have no valid comeback so instead you attack me personally? You must be one hell of a lawyer. :rolleyes:

Prosecutor: That man is guilty!

JGB: No he's not, you can't prove that.

Prosecutor: We have video of your client committing the crime. Here it is. Go ahead and watch it. In fact, keep the copy, we have several.

JGB: You're a poopyhead!

must be easy to win an argument in your own mind when you make no effort to comprehend what others are saying.

I didn't use the word "system" in the post you replied to so I got no clue what you're talking about there.

I said that Haden played for a higher profile program and in a higher profile conference. I know your homeriffic view of Florida and the SEC and so does everybody else. You got all pissy at Rex Ryan this time last year because of your love for Channing Crowder.

http://walterfootball.com/draft2010CB.php - Haden 1, Wilson 2. With Wilson being stronger as he outperformed Haden in the bench press.

http://www.capperspicks.com/blog/nfl/cornerback-ratings-2010-draft-projections-290310/ - Haden 1, Wilson 2 with Wilson outperforming Haden at the comine and being downgraded due to his 2007 suspension.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/04/08/2010-draft-cornerback-rankings/ Haden 1, Wilson 2 with them going in back to back picks in the draft.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/prospectrankings/TSX/2010_CB - Haden 1, Wilson 3 with Earl Thomas inexplicably listed as a corner with Wilson's stock rising heading into the draft and Haden's stagnating.

http://nflmockdraftking.com/2010-nfl-draft-rankings-corner-backs226/ Haden 1, Wilson 2 with McCourty all the way down at 7.

http://www.thefootballexpert.com/rankings/2010/2010nfldraftCB.html Haden 1, Wilson 2 with identical grades.

Looks like most people had these guys rated very close with the edge going to Haden because of the school he went to. Who's the homer here? :Nuts:

Thank you for listing the consensus that Haden was the best CB in the draft. Dumbdumbhead.

And dont give me the Gators homer ****...you know better than anyone thats not the case. Remember I'm a Gators fan, who happens to love the Jets more any other sports team in the world. I'm one of the few realistic non-homer Gator fans.

And my beef with Rex running his mouth had nothing to do with Channing Crowder and I get to punch you in the face now for saying so.

Thank you for listing the consensus that Haden was the best CB in the draft. Dumbdumbhead.

And dont give me the Gators homer ****...you know better than anyone thats not the case. Remember I'm a Gators fan, who happens to love the Jets more any other sports team in the world. I'm one of the few realistic non-homer Gator fans.

And my beef with Rex running his mouth had nothing to do with Channing Crowder and I get to punch you in the face now for saying so.

Who's your all-time favorite Gator?

ChanningOJ.embedded.prod_affiliate.56.JPG

Archived