Terrell Owens

Thor99

http://sports.espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/news/story?id=5412850

The New York Jets, who once traded for Brett Favre and signed LaDainian Tomlinson this offseason, now are exploring the idea of signing Terrell Owens, according to league sources.

The Jets have contacted Owens' agent, Drew Rosenhaus, and have debated the idea of bringing the high-profile wide receiver to training camp.

A deal between the Jets and Owens still is considered a longshot; one person estimated the Jets' chances at signing the high-profile wide receiver at "20 percent."

Ultimately, this is similar to the situation in which the Jets contacted quarterback JaMarcus Russell but never signed him. Still, the Jets are debating Owens' acquistion as head coach Rex Ryan wants any player that improves the team's chances of winning.

The Cincinnati Bengals remain the favorite to sign Owens. The Bengals are offering an incentive-laden contract and they have told Owens he has until Wednesday to agree to a deal.

Even so, now that the Jets have made contact with Owens, the receiver has options in the days ahead.

By Adam Schefter

ESPN

The New York Jets, who once traded for Brett Favre and signed LaDainian Tomlinson this offseason, now are exploring the idea of signing Terrell Owens, according to league sources.

The Jets have contacted Owens' agent, Drew Rosenhaus, and have debated the idea of bringing the high-profile wide receiver to training camp.

A deal between the Jets and Owens still is considered a longshot; one person estimated the Jets' chances at signing the high-profile wide receiver at "20 percent."

Ultimately, this is similar to the situation in which the Jets contacted quarterback JaMarcus Russell but never signed him. Still, the Jets are debating Owens' acquistion as head coach Rex Ryan wants any player that improves the team's chances of winning.

The Cincinnati Bengals remain the favorite to sign Owens. The Bengals are offering an incentive-laden contract and they have told Owens he has until Wednesday to agree to a deal.

Even so, now that the Jets have made contact with Owens, the receiver has options in the days ahead.

I'm insanely tempted by this.

Cotch-Edwards-Owens-Holmes

Jesus!

Ground and pound. :bag:

There is a reason TO is getting NO interest from the legit franchises in the league. If we sign him, it will have a negative impact on my perception of the leadership of this team right now.

If he can manage his prima dona side (much like with what Randy Moss did with the Pats) I would DEFINITELY be interested in this! Imagine Holmes/Edwards/Owens/Cotchery/Keller/LT

If LT and Owens panned out, I think Mark Sanchez honestly could have a Pro Bowl season, purely because of the talent handed to him.

Thinking about this a bit more... This is smells like Tannenbaum getting involved to bump the cost of TO to the Bengals, who the Jets obviously have to see as a playoff threat.

I don't think the Jets want him... but I do think by getting involved it will drag this out longer, and hopefully some other team will have an injury and TO will land there, not with the Bengals.

I've felt that all the "team chemistry" articles have been 100% BS so far, but that would change if TO were suddenly signed to be a #3 or #4 WR here. That's a drama the Jets just don't need.

How the hell can people be ok with this move? TO is a washed up prima donna who isn't worth the time or money. Even worse, how pissed off do you think Harris, Revis and Mangold be if we give more money to outsiders and not extend their contracts. If we sign TO tanny is retarded and the locker room is going to go to sh*t this year.

If Cotchery,Edwards or Holmes goes down with an injury. Id much rather have T.O than Clowney or some other slug. If T.O is willing to be happy with his role and not worry about being the primetime guy here then its a good insurance move.

Archived