Now that Revis is signed, will you support management?

stoicsentry

46 members have voted

1. 1. Will you support management?

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Never once said that they weren't doing what they should - only that they did. Said all along that both sides had to act in their own best interests.

The Revis is an evil greedy diva crowd seemed to think that Revis should also do what was in the team's best interests rather than his own. Some sort of naivete about honor in professional sports. rolleyes.gif

He didnt have the Jets interest in mind at all, that was the problem. What kind of honor do you have when you dont have your team/companies best interest in mind? He needed to be more reasonable, which clearly happened.

I know some took it further, but I think the reasonable camp were upset with that attitude more than anything.

Why you just want the Jets to be the Devil is beyond me.

He didnt have the Jets interest in mind at all, that was the problem. What kind of honor do you have when you dont have your team/companies best interest in mind? He needed to be more reasonable, which clearly happened.

I know some took it further, but I think the reasonable camp were upset with that attitude more than anything.

Why you just want the Jets to be the Devil is beyond me.

FOOSBALL IS THE DEVIL!!!!!

My notifications all say "Sperm Edwards."

The Jets manipulated the media, controlled the message, and will do so again next time. Revis took a hit by avoiding the Hard Knocks cameras and staying out of the press.

Which is exactly why I've said all along that he mishandled this entire situation by not going into camp. The Jets always had the leverage here.

Instead, he held out, came off like a spoiled, selfish, baby and at the end of the day, he didn't get what he wanted anyway which was top dollar for a CB.

His image also took a big hit with the fanbase, and as result, so did his marketability.

Neither his agents or his Uncle Fat Gilbert did the right thing by the kid.

All that said, I'm glad he's back because the Jets are better with him.

hypothetical Villian......

If Revis holds out in 2 years saying he deserves more..

Do you support Revis or Mgt next time..?

My bad for taking so long to respond Southern. To answer your question it depends on the situation. The main reason why I fully supported Revis is because the Jets said things and then didnt stand by it when it was time to. No one likes that...another example on a players perspective, Albert Haynesworth. It goes both ways.

Revis was told something and he acted the way he did based on those talks. Now, when I bring that up people say that the Jets didnt confirm that they said that. The problem is that they didnt deny it either, and because of that I take what Revis said as truth...and with that said, if you tell a man something then do it.

If Revis was just trying to break the bank at 28yrs old and want to hold out then it is what it is and If the Jets feel like they cant afford it then I would support that. If they tell Revis that they will make him the highest paid CB in the league then pretend like they didnt say that, then duck the media when asked about it then I'd defend Revis again.

Either way though the Jets wouldnt be considered the "evil empire" and Revis wouldnt be "Mevi$".

Tannenbaum, as GM of this team for five years, has led the Jets to a .500 record and is on his second coaching regime. He has been with the organization since 1997, many of them in a high-ranking personnel capacity, particularly during the Herm Edwards Error.

Woody Johnson is a dipsh*t rich boy who just threw many, many long-time fans of this godforsaken franchise out of seats to make room for corporate sponsors that never showed up, then called all of those same fans' houses and begged them to come back. Behind the scenes, reporters and NFL people, including the Giants ownership, consider him to be a joke.

In sum, I will have faith in this management group ONLY when they stop tripping over their feet and embarrassing its fanbase, which they have demonstrated over and over again to not give a sh*t about.

So what fan base would you rather be a part of? I think most teams trip over their own feet to some extent. I see what you're saying about the stadium, but none of those rich f*cks really care about what we think man. We're obviously still going to root for them.. they have us by the balls.

+1

Management lied and dragged their feet thru the whole process. You can see this organization nickel & diming everyone it can, only giving real guarantees to the player who held out.

I'm looking forward to seeing the structure of this deal, but the average is far less than Aso money.

It's a good deal for Revis if he can void it out again. Jets will've been smart to spread the money out fairly evenly, to prevent a holdout in year four. This way Revis can stage the more traditional, fan approved, not having a contract at all holdout after that.

How important are guarantees on a four year contract to a player who has never gotten hurt and is one of the 10 players in the league least likely to be cut for skill?

Tanny's master Jew (this is coming from one), and I want that kind of person running my team.

Still, I think Woody's a complete clown.

+1

Management lied and dragged their feet thru the whole process. You can see this organization nickel & diming everyone it can, only giving real guarantees to the player who held out.

I'm looking forward to seeing the structure of this deal, but the average is far less than Aso money.

It's a good deal for Revis if he can void it out again. Jets will've been smart to spread the money out fairly evenly, to prevent a holdout in year four. This way Revis can stage the more traditional, fan approved, not having a contract at all holdout after that.

Tannenbaum, as GM of this team for five years, has led the Jets to a .500 record and is on his second coaching regime. He has been with the organization since 1997, many of them in a high-ranking personnel capacity, particularly during the Herm Edwards Error.

Woody Johnson is a dipsh*t rich boy who just threw many, many long-time fans of this godforsaken franchise out of seats to make room for corporate sponsors that never showed up, then called all of those same fans' houses and begged them to come back. Behind the scenes, reporters and NFL people, including the Giants ownership, consider him to be a joke.

In sum, I will have faith in this management group ONLY when they stop tripping over their feet and embarrassing its fanbase, which they have demonstrated over and over again to not give a sh*t about.

Holy Smacks, Quoted for sum Troof right there!

It's just sad to see how many people consider him a "Savior". He basically slapped the face of every STH and has made every single decision based on bottom line.

The only common ground is that we Both want a winning team.

The fact that the GM looks over to see if he can cut a guy based on Guaranteed money in an uncapped year is a sign of an owner who is counting every single dollar instead of actually GAS about what's best for the team.

EDIT:

FTR< I'm indifferent on the vote. The JETS FO has to show that it can continually do right by it's players b4 I can say I will support them..JM2C

I'm happy Revis is back and the best possible outcome occurred: his return.

But from Woody's comments after the deal was done and watching HK, I think the Jets are done with Diva Mevi$

Seriously. They have him for the next 4 yrs. By then Wilson will be in the last yr of his contract. They'll have 3 more drafts/FA periods to bolster the pass rush & DLine. I can see the Jets extending Wilson and letting Revis walk because he's not worth the headache of a 29 yr old CB (by that time) with an overinflated sense of worth.

I'm happy Revis is back and the best possible outcome occurred: his return.

But from Woody's comments after the deal was done and watching HK, I think the Jets are done with Diva Mevi$

Seriously. They have him for the next 4 yrs. By then Wilson will be in the last yr of his contract. They'll have 3 more drafts/FA periods to bolster the pass rush & DLine. I can see the Jets extending Wilson and letting Revis walk because he's not worth the headache of a 29 yr old CB (by that time) with an overinflated sense of worth.

So you're saying the Jets are fed up and done with Revis......in 2014?

So you're saying the Jets are fed up and done with Revis......in 2014?

I'm saying that Tanny & Woody don't want to go through with this again, so they'll let him walk in 4 yrs. Why do you think they agreed to a much shorter deal than DBrick and Mangold and waived their right to franchise him? That doesn't seem like a team interested in keeping a player long term.

I'm saying that Tanny & Woody don't want to go through with this again, so they'll let him walk in 4 yrs. Why do you think they agreed to a much shorter deal than DBrick and Mangold and waived their right to franchise him? That doesn't seem like a team interested in keeping a player long term.

4 years is pretty long-term in the NFL, and a lot can happen in between then. They may well be upset enough with Revis to let him go in 4 years, but do you really think that anger will be sustained if Revis plays like he did last year and, perhaps, helps us win a Super Bowl?

The more likely answer is that Tanny, Woody and Rex were trying to play hardball and possibly using Hard Knocks as a means to that end. Things said in a negotiation have to be separated out from what is said after the player signs the dotted line. After all, Revis's party wanted to get as much money as possible while the Jets wanted to withhold as much money as possible. Don't you think there will be some angry and disparaging things said from one side to the other in the process?

My guess is this will be long forgotten 4 years from now. Hell, by then, Revis might have gotten another extension to his deal. Or he could be traded. Who the hell knows. Point is, don't put much stock into the comments made into the media and especially not "Hard Knocks". Once real football is played, none of that matters.

4 years is pretty long-term in the NFL, and a lot can happen in between then. They may well be upset enough with Revis to let him go in 4 years, but do you really think that anger will be sustained if Revis plays like he did last year and, perhaps, helps us win a Super Bowl?

The more likely answer is that Tanny, Woody and Rex were trying to play hardball and possibly using Hard Knocks as a means to that end. Things said in a negotiation have to be separated out from what is said after the player signs the dotted line. After all, Revis's party wanted to get as much money as possible while the Jets wanted to withhold as much money as possible. Don't you think there will be some angry and disparaging things said from one side to the other in the process?

My guess is this will be long forgotten 4 years from now. Hell, by then, Revis might have gotten another extension to his deal. Or he could be traded. Who the hell knows. Point is, don't put much stock into the comments made into the media and especially not "Hard Knocks". Once real football is played, none of that matters.

If aldavis is still alive 4 years from now he will give Revis the first $200M contract in league history.

What does your dumbass religion got to do with anything?

Funny how you Jewbags are always first to discriminate.

I'm still waiting to see if Nick Folk sucks or not, before I judge our management.

:blink:

Dude. Dude. :o Duuude? Dude!!! :( Dude. :mellow: dude. <_<

Quick trigger finger by Spermy. Good, solid, quick trigger finger. Well done. And I'm not even a Jewbag. I don't think. WTF is a Jew-bag, anyway? A bag of jewishness? Dude... :huh:

How important are guarantees on a four year contract to a player who has never gotten hurt and is one of the 10 players in the league least likely to be cut for skill?

A player can get hurt at any time in this league. If Revis suffers a career ending injury this year, he leaves the sport with $21M guaranteed. If he suffers an injury that depletes his talents in any way and the team chooses to cut him as a result, he has $21M guaranteed. I think that's a little piece of mind that would be important to anyone.

People talk about this holdout like it's the worst thing a player ever did. He's potentially the best defensive player in sports, and keeps his nose clean on and off the field. He's exactly the type of player you want to play.

They agreed to the shorter deal because that's what got him signed and playing this year. They couldn't agree to terms on a longer deal. It's better for both sides, anyway. For the Jets, it should help to discourage a future holdout. For Revis, it gets him in position for another big payday before he turns 30. His rookie deal included a "no franchise" clause, so that's nothing new, either.

Jets should be back at the table in three years. If they're not, and Revis is patient, he'll cash in big time on the open market four years from now. I don't think the Jets will let that happen.

But you watched Hard Knocks. All those people saying that they'd be fine without Revis, how over the top happy were they to get him signed? They know what a difference maker he is.

People talk about this holdout like it's the worst thing a player ever did. He's potentially the best defensive player in sports, and keeps his nose clean on and off the field. He's exactly the type of player you want to play.

They agreed to the shorter deal because that's what got him signed and playing this year. They couldn't agree to terms on a longer deal. It's better for both sides, anyway. For the Jets, it should help to discourage a future holdout. For Revis, it gets him in position for another big payday before he turns 30. His rookie deal included a "no franchise" clause, so that's nothing new, either.

Jets should be back at the table in three years. If they're not, and Revis is patient, he'll cash in big time on the open market four years from now. I don't think the Jets will let that happen.

But you watched Hard Knocks. All those people saying that they'd be fine without Revis, how over the top happy were they to get him signed? They know what a difference maker he is.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Revis' rookie deal had a "no franchise" clause if the Jets failed to exercise the buy back. In other words, if Revis voided the deal after 4 yrs the Jets were required to buy back the last 2 yrs rather than franchise him. The Jets were permitted to franchise Revis after the end of the 6 yr deal. This now is different. The Jets can't franchise him after the contract is over.

The deal worked for both sides. The Jets get Revis in his prime and can let him walk when he is past it at 30 and not have to overpay to keep him. Revis gets his ego stroked by getting more than Aso for the next 2 yrs (assuming he's still on the roster 2/15/11 ;)).

Finally, the "let him rot" faction was just emotional. "Letting him rot" only made sense to wait him out. The Jets did that and they got the player they wanted and didn't have to give him a huge signing bonus.

Question, though, slats: Was it still all about guaranteed money considering Revis didn't get a signing bonus and his $32 mil "guarantees" were split between skill & injury???

Of course, things can change in 4 yrs. But it looks to me right now that the Jets mindset is to have Revis now and then move on. For Mangold & DBrick it would be to keep them for life.

Plus, don't forget that when Revis is an UFA in 2014 so will Sanchez. Who do you think the Jets will be signing to QB money, Revis or Sanchez???

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Revis' rookie deal had a "no franchise" clause if the Jets failed to exercise the buy back. In other words, if Revis voided the deal after 4 yrs the Jets were required to buy back the last 2 yrs rather than franchise him. The Jets were permitted to franchise Revis after the end of the 6 yr deal. This now is different. The Jets can't franchise him after the contract is over.

I'm pretty sure in the original deal they weren't allowed to franchise him after the buy back, either, but I'm not 100% on that. Either way, it's not a new idea. They agreed to the lowest salary in the last year. If they were going to let Revis get franchised after that season, they'd want that last year to be a big money year so that Revis would get the big % raise instead of the average of the top 5 CB's.

Question, though, slats: Was it still all about guaranteed money considering Revis didn't get a signing bonus and his $32 mil "guarantees" were split between skill & injury???

Yes, absolutely. The Jets did what they wanted in not giving Revis any bonus money before the lockout, but Revis did well to guarantee himself a minimum of $21M for one year's work. It won't come down to that, but that's some nice piece of mind. That guarantee in reality guarantees that he'll get his $32.5M over the next two years.

Nothing that occurred in these negotiations changes alters my perception of Revis' standpoint from the onset as being that the Aso money was a negotiating stance, and that the real goal was to simply get the best deal they possibly could. Sure, he would've loved Aso money, and he probably dug his heels in deeper the more acrimonious the situation got, but in the end he was always going to sign the best deal he could get. If he was really holding out for Aso money, he'd still be holding out.

Of course, things can change in 4 yrs. But it looks to me right now that the Jets mindset is to have Revis now and then move on. For Mangold & DBrick it would be to keep them for life.

Plus, don't forget that when Revis is an UFA in 2014 so will Sanchez. Who do you think the Jets will be signing to QB money, Revis or Sanchez???

Haha! I think your mindset is to move on, not theirs. Not at all. They could've traded him now if that was their mindset. Tanny and Woody standing around the phone talking about how Revis' team thinks we'll cave after a week or two, or that we'll trade him next year - Woody seemed pretty strong on the concept that neither of those things was going to happen. That's not the standpoint of someone planning to give up on the player three, four years from now. Not from my perspective.

I hope and pray that Sanchez is deserving of a humongous deal by the time his contract is up - or well before! We can all deal with that terrible problem when it arrives. For now, unlike Revis, he's overpaid. tongue.gif

I hope and pray that Sanchez is deserving of a humongous deal by the time his contract is up - or well before! We can all deal with that terrible problem when it arrives. For now, unlike Revis, he's overpaid.

Slats hit the nail on the head. Like I said, a lot can happen in 4 years. Sanchez might not even be our QB then. Or he could be a stud. I'm hoping for the latter. And no, Revis won't be able to get the kind of money Sanchez gets if Mark is a stud.

Wilson's contract expires in 4 years as well, so the Jets will have the ability to re-evaluate then and decide who sticks around.

:blink:

Dude. Dude. :o Duuude? Dude!!! :( Dude. :mellow: dude. <_<

Quick trigger finger by Spermy. Good, solid, quick trigger finger. Well done. And I'm not even a Jewbag. I don't think. WTF is a Jew-bag, anyway? A bag of jewishness? Dude... :huh:

I pretty sure it's what they put his body in once Sperm E was done with him.

Slats hit the nail on the head. Like I said, a lot can happen in 4 years. Sanchez might not even be our QB then. Or he could be a stud. I'm hoping for the latter. And no, Revis won't be able to get the kind of money Sanchez gets if Mark is a stud.

Wilson's contract expires in 4 years as well, so the Jets will have the ability to re-evaluate then and decide who sticks around.

If Sanchez isn't the Jets QB in 4 yrs there is no way in hell the Jets are re-signing Revis because the team would be in serious re-building mode. They'd likely trade Revis with a yr left to get some picks.

Revis said in an interview with Adam Schein on Jets Nation, that he came off the more than Aso stance once Woody and Rex visited with him in Florida.

I know there's no reason to believe him or anything, but I support them more now than ever before.

I have not been on the side of Management, ever. Especially since they chose to co-habitate with the damn giants again instead of siding with their fan base and build their own damn stadium in Queens or something.

Never liked that decision and it still bothers me, so No, I do not support managment.

A player can get hurt at any time in this league. If Revis suffers a career ending injury this year, he leaves the sport with $21M guaranteed. If he suffers an injury that depletes his talents in any way and the team chooses to cut him as a result, he has $21M guaranteed. I think that's a little piece of mind that would be important to anyone.

I don't see why being cut for an injury which depletes his talents would not be covered by a standard injury guarantee.

I think skill guarantees are only valuable to young guys who have not proven their worth and older players who never know when Father Time will catch up to them. For a player in Revis' position skill guarantees for the next 4 years mean nothing.

The injury guarantee matters, but I doubt the Jets were scared of giving him a large injury guarantee when he's never been hurt so far. I doubt Cromartie will get the same percentage guaranteed for injury simply because he has a significant injury history.

My bad for taking so long to respond Southern. To answer your question it depends on the situation. The main reason why I fully supported Revis is because the Jets said things and then didnt stand by it when it was time to. No one likes that...another example on a players perspective, Albert Haynesworth. It goes both ways.

Revis was told something and he acted the way he did based on those talks. Now, when I bring that up people say that the Jets didnt confirm that they said that. The problem is that they didnt deny it either, and because of that I take what Revis said as truth...and with that said, if you tell a man something then do it.

If Revis was just trying to break the bank at 28yrs old and want to hold out then it is what it is and If the Jets feel like they cant afford it then I would support that. If they tell Revis that they will make him the highest paid CB in the league then pretend like they didnt say that, then duck the media when asked about it then I'd defend Revis again.

Either way though the Jets wouldnt be considered the "evil empire" and Revis wouldnt be "Mevi$".

I'm pretty sure Tannenbaum acknowledged on several occasions that they'd approached Revis after the AFCCG about redoing his contract.

For the record, I support Rex Ryan

I'm pretty sure Tannenbaum acknowledged on several occasions that they'd approached Revis after the AFCCG about redoing his contract.

For the record, I support Rex Ryan

He did, some people are just naive enough to think Tanny said he'd make him the highest paid CB in the game.

Revis said in an interview with Adam Schein on Jets Nation, that he came off the more than Aso stance once Woody and Rex visited with him in Florida.

I know there's no reason to believe him or anything, but I support them more now than ever before.

Actually it was on Jets Game Plan, he also said he was willing to sit out the entire year.

Good thing Rex and Woody got him to come down and wake up!

Archived