Calvin Johnson non-TD

Sperm Edwards

Really. Rules shmules - is there anyone who watches that play and as a first impression thinks anything other than TD?

First impression? Is there anyone other than those ref's and the nfl front office (who honestly, probably feel it was a TD too but won't pull a Herm on their refs) that as a second, third, or last impression thinks anything other than a TD? Awful call. Just awful

First impression? Is there anyone other than those ref's and the nfl front office (who honestly, probably feel it was a TD too but won't pull a Herm on their refs) that as a second, third, or last impression thinks anything other than a TD? Awful call. Just awful

Yep. What person familiar with the sport of football looks at that play and says to himself, "That's no touchdown"?

Watched pretty much the whole game when I wasn't back and forth seeing Payton get his weenie kicked in.

1.) The Detroit Lions are a football team again. Their D is for real and if Stafford didn't go down with a shoulder injury before halftime, they'd have kicked the Bears asses but good.

2.) That ruling is going to hurt the game - Billik had of the head officials on the line when they were reviewing the call and it wasnt the game ref's that schwansed it - thats the new rule. You must have possession through the whole process of the catch until another or different action is commenced. It sucks - that was a catch and the Bears should have lost

You have to admit, that's borderline. I would've ruled it a TD, but Johnson was careless when he let go of the ball so casually like that.

This just shows players should hold on to the ball (even if it is to the car ride home :rolleyes:) because when they let go of it like that, they put the call in the ref's hands.

Watched pretty much the whole game when I wasn't back and forth seeing Payton get his weenie kicked in.

1.) The Detroit Lions are a football team again. Their D is for real and if Stafford didn't go down with a shoulder injury before halftime, they'd have kicked the Bears asses but good.

2.) That ruling is going to hurt the game - Billik had of the head officials on the line when they were reviewing the call and it wasnt the game ref's that schwansed it - thats the new rule. You must have possession through the whole process of the catch until another or different action is commenced. It sucks - that was a catch and the Bears should have lost

That guy when he was explaining the rule was really annoying the hell out of me. Sell me on why it should be that way. If that was the Jets the interwebz would have exploded.

You have to admit, that's borderline. I would've ruled it a TD, but Johnson was careless when he let go of the ball so casually like that.

This just shows players should hold on to the ball (even if it is to the car ride home :rolleyes:) because when they let go of it like that, they put the call in the ref's hands.

I don't admit that. Caught the ball, planted both feet, had clear possession. Enough possession to hold the ball upside-down with one hand and not have it fall out. It's a touchdown and only a silly new rule makes it borderline.

Archived