Please fire or demote Shotty, Thank You.

ECURB

Fire Shotty?  

113 members have voted

1. 1. Should the JETS fire or demote Shotty?

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 439
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Are you talking about the Jets, or yourself?

Regardless, I agree it was unwarranted ...

u should talk

What did the five fingers say to the face?

u2

Habitual line stepper.

i don't know what that means in this context, but if it's a crack at me fu 2

It was only creepy once you made it creepy, creepyMcCreepster.

no

If their's grass on the field, play ball!

yes

he was near the lead league in YPC last year, this year he's down there at the bottom with Hennengton... last i looked anyway

His YPC is 11.89. Henne is only 10.83. Id imagine Sanchez is top 10 with that number. Anyway here is where Sanchez stands right now based on the schedule he played:

Comp%: -16.00%

YPC: 10.82%

YPA: -6.82%

TDA: -8.66%

INTA: -31.30% (negative being good in this case)

20+A: -12.00%

40+A: 123.26%

Those numbers are all up from last year except completion percentage and 20+ per attempt. The 40+ is so high I think they are relying too much on those long passes and completely giving up on those 16 yard routes that have the potential to go for 20-30 yards depending on where the guy catches the ball. A big part of the issue is the fact that Cotchery sucks this year. That should be his area of the field on alot of plays but his game is so far in the toilet and gets the most targets in the offense that I think its killing Sanchez' intermediate numbers.

His YPC is 11.89. Henne is only 10.83. Id imagine Sanchez is top 10 with that number. Anyway here is where Sanchez stands right now based on the schedule he played:

Ok, he is currently 10th..

but prior to this past game his YPC was 11.2, which put him close to henne (who went down a bit it seems) and in the back half of league

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/2010/passing.htm

Comp%: -16.00%

YPC: 10.82%

YPA: -6.82%

TDA: -8.66%

INTA: -31.30% (negative being good in this case)

20+A: -12.00%

40+A: 123.26%

Those numbers are all up from last year except completion percentage and 20+ per attempt. The 40+ is so high I think they are relying too much on those long passes and completely giving up on those 16 yard routes that have the potential to go for 20-30 yards depending on where the guy catches the ball. A big part of the issue is the fact that Cotchery sucks this year. That should be his area of the field on alot of plays but his game is so far in the toilet and gets the most targets in the offense that I think its killing Sanchez' intermediate numbers.

How is he down 16% in comp %? And his YPC last year was 12.5, how do you have it up?

Also, most of those numbers indicat a guy passing shorter more

Ok, he is currently 10th..

but prior to this past game his YPC was 11.2, which put him close to henne (who went down a bit it seems) and in the back half of league

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/2010/passing.htm

How is he down 16% in comp %? And his YPC last year was 12.5, how do you have it up?

Also, most of those numbers indicat a guy passing shorter more

These are all numbers based on the quality of opposition that he is playing against. The numbers for the Jets opponents against non-Sanchez QBs are the following:

Comp%: 63.1%

YPC: 10.72 yds

YPA: 6.77 yds

TDA: 0.046

INTA: 0.027

20+A: 0.095

40+A: 0.011

So when I say his Completion Percentage is at -16% its because it represents a 16% decrease over what the other qbs have done against this same schedule. Anyway you are right on some of the other stats. I had a brainfart and used the team numbers from last year which plunged from the one Clemens game. Taking him and Tampa out of the stats Sanchez was 13.5% above average in YPC. He is still above average just not by as much as last year. I actually think the 40+ numbers and decrease in completion percentage indicate a guy looking too long. I would think if he played short his completion percentage and YPA would be up. Id also agree with your thought that Rex put too much on him this year. The pressure on a highly drafted QB is huge to begin with and Rex made it a million times worse this year. I think thats the one position where guys bust more from the mental pressure than just not being physically able to handle the NFL.

These are all numbers based on the quality of opposition that he is playing against. The numbers for the Jets opponents against non-Sanchez QBs are the following:

Comp%: 63.1%

YPC: 10.72 yds

YPA: 6.77 yds

TDA: 0.046

INTA: 0.027

20+A: 0.095

40+A: 0.011

So when I say his Completion Percentage is at -16% its because it represents a 16% decrease over what the other qbs have done against this same schedule. Anyway you are right on some of the other stats. I had a brainfart and used the team numbers from last year which plunged from the one Clemens game. Taking him and Tampa out of the stats Sanchez was 13.5% above average in YPC. He is still above average just not by as much as last year. I actually think the 40+ numbers and decrease in completion percentage indicate a guy looking too long. I would think if he played short his completion percentage and YPA would be up. Id also agree with your thought that Rex put too much on him this year. The pressure on a highly drafted QB is huge to begin with and Rex made it a million times worse this year. I think thats the one position where guys bust more from the mental pressure than just not being physically able to handle the NFL.

Got ya, misunderstood the context of your stats. Good research, and I agree on the other stuff..

the last time we saw Bill Callahan in charge of an NFL offense he was getting Pants'ed by Gruden in the Super Bowl.

Im all for talking about an upgrade at OC but the time to do it is in the offseason, not when the team is 5-2.

You mean we have a guy already on the roster who's offense made a super bowl appearance?

So this one loss plus the Ravens loss should be weighed more heavily than the wins where the offense was the best unit on the team?

I don't buy it. Like week 1, I think you guys just need to stop holding a grudge for a loss and get over it...Bet you the offense will.

See, that's the thing. When we lose, we play some of the worst offense of all-time. When we win, we play slightly above average offensively and yet it gets labeled "great".

What's it going to take for you to realize we're nothing special, no matter what kind of talent we have, because of the OC?

See, that's the thing. When we lose, we play some of the worst offense of all-time. When we win, we play slightly above average offensively and yet it gets labeled "great".

What's it going to take for you to realize we're nothing special, no matter what kind of talent we have, because of the OC?

By who?

And it's going to take alot...Like a fully competent, physically primed QB running the offense and failing miserably...Not some guy who's had an injury twice that no one has ever had once and come back from...Not some 2nd year douche from Oregon...not some 40 year old movie/story archetype QB...not some 22/23 year old kid who started 13 games in college who probably feels obligated to win a SB in his second year...since I probably won't get that, I'll settle with hating Schotty if Sanchez and the offense completely tanks the season. I don't believe it's going to happen, and I believe the doom and gloom you guys speak after a loss is well overstated.

By who?

And it's going to take alot...Like a fully competent, physically primed QB running the offense and failing miserably...Not some guy who's had an injury twice that no one has ever had once and come back from...Not some 2nd year douche from Oregon...not some 40 year old movie/story archetype QB...not some 22/23 year old kid who started 13 games in college who probably feels obligated to win a SB in his second year...since I probably won't get that, I'll settle with hating Schotty if Sanchez and the offense completely tanks the season. I don't believe it's going to happen, and I believe the doom and gloom you guys speak after a loss is well overstated.

You know what, dude? He hand-picked Kellen Clemens to be his project QB (flew out to Oregon TWICE for private workouts), and it's a fair guess that he gave the thumbs-up to Mark Sanchez, too. You can't give him the "he has no QB's" excuse if he's the guy who's supposed to be developing these QB's that he picks himself. I commend you for putting up a good fight, but I just don't think you can give Schotty a free pass because he's some victim of bad QB's that are supposedly foisted upon him. Alot of OC's prosper even when they aren't gifted Peyton Manning.

You know what, dude? He hand-picked Kellen Clemens to be his project QB (flew out to Oregon TWICE for private workouts), and it's a fair guess that he gave the thumbs-up to Mark Sanchez, too. You can't give him the "he has no QB's" excuse if he's the guy who's supposed to be developing these QB's that he picks himself. I commend you for putting up a good fight, but I just don't think you can give Schotty a free pass because he's some victim of bad QB's that are supposedly foisted upon him. Alot of OC's prosper even when they aren't gifted Peyton Manning.

Clemens and Sanchez aren't dead yet...They just aren't/weren't very good at the time of taking over the offense...also, now he handpicked Clemens? I'm sure that was the guy he wanted in the Young/Leinart/Cutler draft...

Couple more questions:

Brian Billick was an offensive genius when he had Cunningham/Moss/Carter...Did he lose this power when he was in Baltimore? How come Peyton Manning looks fine without Tom Moore? How come Tom Brady has had like 4 different OCs and never failed under one of them? How come Sean Payton is a great offensive coach now as compared to back when he was having his playcalling duties stripped in NY? Why didn't Bill Walsh win a Super Bowl with Stephen Wyche or whoever the non-Steve Young Steve was? Who playcalled David Tyree's catch in the '07 Super Bowl? How has Big Ben won 2 SBs with two different OCs as such a young QB? Most importantly, how much better would 2nd year Sanchez be with a different OC?

Alot of OC's prosper even when they aren't gifted Peyton Manning

Yeah...the ones with the other good QBs in the league. Is the Bengals passing game less deadly because Carson Palmer is not as physically talented as he once was, or because the right plays aren't called? Did the Chargers passing game become legit more when the plays started being called differently, or when Brees and then Rivers stepped in and played awesome?

The NFL is a QBs league.

You're right. Brett Favre was a pretty damn good one. Sanchez has the talent. And Pennington, for all his faults, was at least a capable game manager. Schottenheimer has failed with all three.

The one year Pennington was here he went to the playoffs...Stop rewriting history. The other year he shockingly got injured playing behind the worst OL in the league...even then the stand-in starter, a 2nd year with 0 starting experience, won all 4 of the team's games that season and was one Brad Smith catch away from beating the Ravens and their D in their house.

The one year Favre was here we started 8-3, finished 9th in points scored, and only didn't make the playoffs because Favre led a giant team wide collapse...Stop re-writing history.

In his only full season with Sanchez the team went to the AFC Championship game...In the almost half a season after that the team is 5-2 and the offense is in the top 15 in points scored...only after falling out of the top 10 this past week.

But I know I know...I'm making excuses. Those teams were all dynasty caliber teams and I'm just being obtuse. Schotty's the reason they haven't been able to pull anything off.

Are you allowed to get 1st downs on any down but 3rd?

NEIN!!

ZE NFL IS A QB'S LEEG. YOU VILL REZPECT ZE QB!!! IF ZE QB VEELS ZE NEED TO RAN ZE DOUBLE REVERZE, YOU VILL REZPECT ZE DOUBLE REVERZE!!!! IF ZE QB VEELS ZE NEED TO NAT SCORE DUREEING ZE TWO-MEENUTE DRILL, YOU VILL REZPECT ZE QB!! IF ZE QB DAS NAT VANT TO SCORE, YOU VILL REZPECT ZE QB!!! NOW YOU VILL STAP VIT ZE QVESTIONS!!!!!!!

NEIN!!

ZE NFL IS A QB'S LEEG. YOU VILL REZPECT ZE QB!!! IF ZE QB VEELS ZE NEED TO RAN ZE DOUBLE REVERZE, YOU VILL REZPECT ZE DOUBLE REVERZE!!!! IF ZE QB VEELS ZE NEED TO NAT SCORE DUREEING ZE TWO-MEENUTE DRILL, YOU VILL REZPECT ZE QB!! IF ZE QB DAS NAT VANT TO SCORE, YOU VILL REZPECT ZE QB!!! NOW YOU VILL STAP VIT ZE QVESTIONS!!!!!!!

SEE IT'S FUNNY BECAUSE ANYONE WHO DOESN'T THINK IT'S THE OC'S FAULT IS CLEARLY A NAZI OR AT LEAST HAS A POOR BUT EVIL SOUNDING EASTERN EUROPEAN ACCENT OF SOME KIND!!! ALSO THEY ARE NOT AS SMART AS YOU WHO SEES THE TRUTH!!

The 40+ is so high I think they are relying too much on those long passes and completely giving up on those 16 yard routes that have the potential to go for 20-30 yards depending on where the guy catches the ball. A big part of the issue is the fact that Cotchery sucks this year.

A bigger part of the issue is that Consuela can't make those throws anyway.

Is there any doubt that this guy needs to get the boot? We are loaded with talent on offense and we can barely manage first downs. We have an elite offensive line, amazing talent in the receiving corps, a HOF running back and a young QB who is still inconsistent but clearly has talent. When you have talent like that but can't score it is clearly the OC who deserves the blame. I'm sick of this ****er stifling our offense. He's gotta go.

Check out the gamethread... I literraly can call the plays before they even line up... for the whole drive.

This is pathetic... GET RID OF SHOTTY.

It's amazing this clown is still around. At least for the middle dunce the fans hadn't caught on to him so you could forgive the FO, especially since a HC is harder to replace anyway. But this final dunce has been awful for so long and I can't understand how he has any support whatsoever. He pretty much is living off his last name. Maybe it's because Rex respects his own family name, but the Ryans are actually good defensive minds and have proven themselves over and over.

Here it is from the game thread...

LT run at the tackle

Screen to WR

Empty backfield incomplete

What are the odds that is how this plays out? 8 to 1?

This was from the game thread right before the drive I am pasting below... Shotty is pathetic...

# 1-10-NYJ 16 (11:37) 21-L.Tomlinson up the middle to NYJ 19 for 3 yards (54-D.Levy).

# 2-7-NYJ 19 (11:03) 6-M.Sanchez pass incomplete short left to 17-B.Edwards (98-J.Peterson).

# 3-7-NYJ 19 (10:59) (Shotgun) 6-M.Sanchez pass short middle to 17-B.Edwards to NYJ 22 for 3 yards (98-J.Peterson).

# 4-4-NYJ 22 (10:30) 9-S.Weatherford punts 53 yards to DET 25, Center-46-T.Purdum. 11-S.Logan to DET 37 for 12 yards (34-M.Cole).

• 1 month later...

I held off for an entire month... but seriously... I cannot anymore... this guy SUCKS... he makes talented players look like sh*t and they clearly do not try for him... other OC's make sub-par players play at 110% shotty uses everyone to about 60% of their ability.

Archived