Miami just got a Roethlisberger nose job!!!!!

vinnys025

People are saying that if this happened to the Jets, we'd be complaining to no end. Thing is, we would have taken that 2:30, driven down the field, and kicked the game-winner anyways.

What the Dolphins did was choke. At home. Like always. With 50 % of the crowd in Steelers jerseys.

The rule sucks, but what can you do. What if Pittsburgh recovered in the end zone? It would be a Steeler TD instead of a FG. The Dolphins were handed a gift by the fact that Ben fumbled and cost his team 4 points. Miami was also gifted 2 turnovers early in the game but couldn't get the ball in the end zone.

Miami sucks.

People are saying that if this happened to the Jets, we'd be complaining to no end. Thing is, we would have taken that 2:30, driven down the field, and kicked the game-winner anyways.

What the Dolphins did was choke. At home. Like always. With 50 % of the crowd in Steelers jerseys.

The rule sucks, but what can you do. What if Pittsburgh recovered in the end zone? It would be a Steeler TD instead of a FG. The Dolphins were handed a gift by the fact that Ben fumbled and cost his team 4 points. Miami was also gifted 2 turnovers early in the game but couldn't get the ball in the end zone.

Miami sucks.

yeah but honestly......with whistles blowing and all that crap i don't think you can give posession to the other team unless it's absolutely 100% conclusive. it wasn't so they couldn't. miami shoudl have taken better advantage of all the gift turnover they were given. they didn't so they lose. **** them anyway.

Is there any reasonn why a play cant finish out at the goaline ? I wanted Miami to win because Pitt will be our competition for Homefield Advantage and I do not view the fins as a threat to challenge us for the Division.

Bullsh*t Call IMO.

And yes I hate the ******* Dolphins.

Is there any reasonn why a play cant finish out at the goaline ? I wanted Miami to win because Pitt will be our competition for Homefield Advantage and I do not view the fins as a threat to challenge us for the Division.

Bullsh*t Call IMO.

More reason to beat them both!

Bullsh*t Call IMO.

If the ref felt he broke the plane, its a TD. End of play. By rule you don't let it "play out" if that's your interpretation of what happened. Don't worry, we'll get a crack at the Steelers in Week 15. Lots of football left.

Bullsh*t Call IMO.

We haven't made the playoffs yet. We're in good shape, but these last two weeks have left a lot to be desired. The day we clinch the division is the day I start worrying about playoff seeding.

http://espn.go.com/blog/afceast/post/_/id/20539/dolphins-must-cope-with-controversial-call

6:15

PM ET

EmailPrintComments

By Tim Graham

MIAMI -- In the Miami Dolphins' locker room, the measured reaction to not being awarded a fumble in the closing minutes of Sunday's heartbreaking 23-22 loss to the Pittsburgh Steelers was to emphasize the game never should have come down to that.

Still, some Dolphins seethed about the call.

"We hit them in the mouth on both sides of the ball," Dolphins linebacker Karlos Dansby said. "Y'all ain't never seen anybody handle Pittsburgh like we did today. They took that game from us. They took it from us, bottom line."

Miami defensive lineman Tony McDaniel said "There should be a board that fines refs for making decisions like that."

Referee Gene Steratore won't be too popular in South Florida, but they're happy with him back home. Steratore is from Washington, Pa., about 30 miles southwest of Pittsburgh.

Dolphins safety Chris Clemons forced a Ben Roethlisberger fumble at the goal line with a little more than two minutes left in the game, but video replays weren't conclusive enough to confirm the Dolphins made an apparent recovery in the end zone. Dolphins outside linebacker Ikaika Alama-Francis emerged with the ball and handed it to an official.

"I got it," Alama-Francis said. "It was mine, no doubt. It was really unfortunate. We all worked so hard. Chris Clemons made a great play to get the ball out, and I just don't understand the ruling. I mean, it has to be either a fumble or a touchdown, but they decided to make the call they made, and that's what it is."

The Steelers maintained possession at the 1-yard line and kicked an 18-yard field goal for the deciding points.

"That ball didn't bounce our way today," Dansby said. ""Sad. Very sad.

"Well, it did bounce our way. They took it from us. Put it like that. We had our way with them up and down the field."

I LOVE THEIR TEARS!!! Dansby is proving to be one of the best whiners ever.

We haven't made the playoffs yet. We're in good shape, but these last two weeks have left a lot to be desired. The day we clinch the division is the day I start worrying about playoff seeding.

This. I know we're rolling right now but has anyone looked at the AFC lately? A wild card berth is not a rite of passage for us... There's a TON of good teams in our conference and several good ones will miss the playoffs.

We are essentially 2.5 games ahead of Miami right now. That makes me happy. Now if the Patriots somehow choke that'd make my weekend...almost. Football isn't the same for me when the Jets aren't playing.

This. I know we're rolling right now but has anyone looked at the AFC lately? A wild card berth is not a rite of passage for us... There's a TON of good teams in our conference and several good ones will miss the playoffs.

We are essentially 2.5 games ahead of Miami right now. That makes me happy. Now if the Patriots somehow choke that'd make my weekend...almost. Football isn't the same for me when the Jets aren't playing.

Yeah. It's better. haha. You can actually enjoy the games.

Whatever we got screwed. Honestly we had a bunch of other oppurtunities to score of turnovers and couldn't cash in. were not that far away from being a good football team

I'm really having trouble seeing hoe they got screwed. As soon as the whistle blows the players stop playing so it's impossible to know who would have recovered it. There is no way thats clearly miami ball there.

Tony Sparano is the KING DOUCHE of NFL coaches. Did you see his field goal celebration. Mario Bros bwahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

What an idiot that guy is.

"We hit them in the mouth on both sides of the ball," Dolphins linebacker Karlos Dansby said. "Y'all ain't never seen anybody handle Pittsburgh like we did today. They took that game from us. They took it from us, bottom line."

Dansby makes some outrageous claims.

Best ILB in the leage and now this?

Big Ben threw for 300 yrds and 2 TD's.

Guy is delusional.

it was a fumble and we recovered it.bottomline.

It was. That is true. But Miami got hosed when they signaled touchdown. The guys on replay really didn't have any other choice but to make the call they did.

But Miami got hosed, I agree 100%.

Archived