Jim Leonhard Injured in Practice, Update: OUT Rest of Season

SMC

No, its your fault. This is so much worse than me causing Kris Jenkins to get hurt in week one.

How is it my fault? I predicted greatness from a player and you predicted a season ending injury.

BAN KLACKO!!!

Until YOU released his penis?

LMAO!!! I thought the same thing.

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

another fine mess created by Obama and his cronies.

I'd say on the suckage meter this comes in at about a 6.2.. Not thrilled with it but certainly not time for doom and gloom.

Gives Eric Smith more opportunities to obliterate Welker.

Well, you would be the world's foremost leading expert on suckage.

It'll hurt I think. He is in charge of getting the secondary organized and we've been having enough problems with that as it is. Here's to hoping the rest of the team rises to the occasion.

My issue is that it happened friday and it's a road game. The communication issue is what really has killed our defense this year. It's going to be a tougher game now.

Because of his play or out of Pats loyalty? I like Brady but this has been a down year for him, I think

I think he's really going to finish the season strong.

And I also really like his hair.

Correct... and as such I can say without a shadow of doubt that you sir, suck.

This is the finest post to ever come from the finger tips of Pacturd. Well done sir, well done.

helmet.gif

Jim Leonhard had a collision with WR Patrick Turner in practice today and has been ruled out for the Monday night matchup against the New England Patriots.   As per Manish Mehta on twitter:

Jim Leonhard was injured on a collision with WR Patrick Turner at practice today. He was carted off the field.
#nfl
#patriots
#Jets
Rex Ryan thinks Cotchery, Cromartie or Santonio Holmes could return punts now that Leonhard is out.
#nfl
#nyj
#patriots

Eric Smith will handle Leonhard’s duties in secondary. Also, Brodney Pool will start at the other safety.
#nfl
#nyj
#patriots

There are several reports on Twitter that this injury for Leonhard is actually a broken leg.  Once this is confirmed we will update this post.  This is a big loss for the New York Jets, Jim Leonhard is vital to the defense because of his knowledge.  Since they play such an agressive blitzing scheme there is very little room for error.Injuries are a part of the game and the Jets will have to step up with Eric Smith taking on a larger role.  You can read more about Jim Leonhard in our New York Jets forum.MRbQs5WnF7Q

View the full article

QXyLVI0hIinmgwnzy2Bvn5Jmo1_500.jpg

That's the wallpaper on my phone.

Losing JL is bad but we're still winning without Jenkins and before the suspended players were on the field. There's enough DBs on the team to replace him and enough experienced players for someone else to be the defensive QB.

Hopefully Smith will be returning punts, I'm not real fond of Wilson or McKnight doing it.

Top 10? I dont think so my friend...not even close. Are you telling me if you had your choice between Wes Welker and...

Andre Johnson, Calvin Johnson, Larry Fitz, Anquan Boldin, Roddy White, Greg Jennings, Reggie Wayne, Randy Moss, Dwayne Bowe, Santonio Holmes, Braylon Edwards, Steve Smith, Mike Wallace, Hines Ward, Desean Jackson, Jermey Maclin, Marques Colston, Percy Harvin, Miles Austin, Dez Bryant, Michael Crabtree, Hakeem Nicks, TO, OchoCinco, Brandon Marshall, Vincent Jackson, Sidney Rice...

That you'd take Welker over them?

Hell, there are even a bunch of up and comers that I'd take over him, Kenny Brit, Mike Williams, Steve Johnson, Steve Smith...seriously dude, I could probably reel off 10 more names of players I like better than Welker.

Done.

1. Andre

2. Megatron

3. Roddy

4. Fitz

5. Wayne

6. DeSean Jackson

7. Colston

8. T.O.

9. Jennings

10. I'll put Welker here.

That's the wallpaper on my phone.

Losing JL is bad but we're still winning without Jenkins and before the suspended players were on the field. There's enough DBs on the team to replace him and enough experienced players for someone else to be the defensive QB.

Hopefully Smith will be returning punts, I'm not real fond of Wilson or McKnight doing it.

LULZ On your phone?

It's not even his talent I'm concerned about missing, it's the communication which has already been a weak point for us.

My issue is that it happened friday and it's a road game. The communication issue is what really has killed our defense this year. It's going to be a tougher game now.

Yup. It's pretty late in the week for this to happen. And honestly if I'm Brady I'm looking at running a TON of no huddle the second he catches us in a bad coverage scheme.

Yea, it looked better then the WPWW symbol.

The D has been less then impressive so far.

LOL.

With the lack of pressure we've been generating it's been even more of an emphasis that coverage holds up. In order for that to happen the secondary has got to be set -up right, which is why I'm hoping we can adjust to this on the fly. I'm afraid of seeing us get caught in a bad scheme and Brady taking advantage of that. I'm going to assume this forces Poole in the entire game.

1. Andre

2. Megatron

3. Roddy

4. Fitz

5. Wayne

6. DeSean Jackson

7. Colston

8. T.O.

9. Jennings

10. I'll put Welker here.

Welker is a different kind of player, like a Keith Byars or a Dave Megget. If you compare him to the top WR's, he's not going to stack up well, but he's a huge pain in the a$$ and a dangerous weapon, IMO. Maybe not a top 20 WR, but might be one of the top 50 offensive players in football.

Welker is a different kind of player, like a Keith Byars or a Dave Megget. If you compare him to the top WR's, he's not going to stack up well, but he's a huge pain in the a$$ and a dangerous weapon, IMO. Maybe not a top 20 WR, but might be one of the top 50 offensive players in football.

He's not one of the top 50 WR's in football let alone the top 50 offensive players. There is a reason he's done NOTHING since moss left. He sucks.

Why would you cringe when Kyle Wilson returns a punt? Are you scared when they actually have a chance to score a touchdown?

Remember justin Miller returning punts as a rookie? lol he fumbled all the time. ..Leonhard was great at catching the ball under pressure. Kyle wilson worries me a lil also. The natural (Leon Johnson) was probably the best punt returner the Jets ever had. he was like a center fielder out there.

Why would you cringe when Kyle Wilson returns a punt? Are you scared when they actually have a chance to score a touchdown?

I definitely think he gives us a better chance to return a punt for a TD, but Leonhard was so sure handed when it came to fielding punts. It is a difficult thing to do and is not always automatic...having a guy like Leonhard back there to field them is reassuring (even though he does call for a fair catch 95% of the time, but thats besides the point, I am talking about ball security)

You guys are freaking ridiculous on the punt return thing. I've NEVER in my life heard about how good someone was "securing" punts.

Did you watch Justin Miller return punts as a rookie? some people just cant do it.

I definitely think he gives us a better chance to return a punt for a TD, but Leonhard was so sure handed when it came to fielding punts. It is a difficult thing to do and is not always automatic...having a guy like Leonhard back there to field them is reassuring (even though he does call for a fair catch 95% of the time, but thats besides the point, I am talking about ball security)

Wilson has looked pretty bad on punt returns...

Archived