Rex Buries Game Ball From Monday Night

JetsFan220

http://sports.espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/news/story?id=5899769

do we really want to completely forget about this a$$-whooping?

Rather than just telling the players to move on, he is going for symbolism. I'm sure the point was well taken as a loss like that can plant seeds of doubt. I actually like it, but I am sure there is some bloated gasbag radio host crapping all over it right now, not that anyone really cares.

Rather than just telling the players to move on, he is going for symbolism. I'm sure the point was well taken as a loss like that can plant seeds of doubt. I actually like it, but I am sure there is some bloated gasbag radio host crapping all over it right now, not that anyone really cares.

why does an image of fatty francesa automatically come to mind

In my opinion...

I would have kept the game ball from Monday. Keep it right in the middle of the locker room... keep it there and look to it for a reminder of everything you still have NOT accomplished.

"...didn't come here to kiss his rings..."

Keep that ball there, right there like a thorn in your side... to remind you.

Then... GO ******* GET IT!!!!

In my opinion...

I would have kept the game ball from Monday. Keep it right in the middle of the locker room... keep it there and look to it for a reminder of everything you still have NOT accomplished.

"...didn't come here to kiss his rings..."

Keep that ball there, right there like a thorn in your side... to remind you.

Then... GO ******* GET IT!!!!

That is motivation. Burying the ball? Not so much.

That is motivation. Burying the ball? Not so much.

Thanks, I agree.

However... I guess another great coach might say otherwise:

FLORHAM PARK, N.J. -- The New York Jets have buried Monday night's game -- literally.

Jets coach Rex Ryan brought his team outside before Wednesday's team meeting and placed a ball from the 45-3 loss to the New England Patriots into an awaiting hole next to the practice field.

"We were shocked," cornerback Darrelle Revis said. "Nobody was saying anything."

Several players said they never had seen anything like that before from a coach, but they said Ryan's unorthodox ball-burying stunt hammered home the point as the Jets began preparation for Sunday's home game against the Miami Dolphins.

Patriots coach Bill Belichick also did something similar after a loss to the Dolphins in 2001.

I guess this is what great coaches and teams do. don't forget, they rebounded from losing to the Ravens on Monday night. and Rex went to the afc championship game as a rookie hc with a rookie qb. he knows what hes doing.

Sarcasm? I never know with you :P

Thanks, I agree.

However... I guess another great coach might say otherwise:

BB did it in week 5 of the 2001 season after the 2000 Pats went 5-11. I don't recall BB telling the world that the Pats want to lead the league in f@&king wins like Rex did.

BB did it in week 5 of the 2001 season after the 2000 Pats went 5-11.

Ah, well... I guess to each, his own.

I don't recall BB telling the world that the Pats want to lead the league in f@&king wins like Rex did.

I don't recall BB burying balls anywhere but in Brady's mouth... but hey, what do we know, we're just fans.

Of the 20 balls used in that game, lets hope he burried the right one. We should have kept the ones TB touched since they are magical

Not to worry, even if they did bury the wrong one, there are still hundreds if not thousands of balls out there which Tom Brady has touched, groped, and/or fondled.

I took a zanax on somebody's recommendation. I am feeling much better now :lol:

Nicely done :D

Srsly though, Im not saying you should be a rah rah fan and a super homer, but SUPER negativity isnt good for you. It's ok to cheer for the JETS and be happy sometimes.

Nicely done :D

Srsly though, Im not saying you should be a rah rah fan and a super homer, but SUPER negativity isnt good for you. It's ok to cheer for the JETS and be happy sometimes.

:cloud9: <---Me knowing that we have Rex to guide us in the right direction after monday night.

MORE SHOCKING QUOTES FROM OUR STUPID HEAD COACH

"I can say this without question we were not an elite team yesterday. We stunk up the joint. I don't know if we would've beat Summit High School. It was a brutal performance, absolutely brutal in all three phases. That's exactly what it is. At the end of the day it is one game though and we have a quarter of our season remaining. We have nine wins, there's two teams that have ten wins in this league that's a game ahead of us. Everything's still there we just have to learn from it. I know we're not that bad of a team. There's no way. That was just an amazingly poor performance on our part, but at the end of the day, it's one game" - Rex Ryan on the Michael Kay show.

"I can say this without question we were not an elite team yesterday. We stunk up the joint. I don't know if we would've beat Summit High School. It was a brutal performance, absolutely brutal in all three phases. That's exactly what it is. At the end of the day it is one game though and we have a quarter of our season remaining. We have nine wins, there's two teams that have ten wins in this league that's a game ahead of us. Everything's still there we just have to learn from it. I know we're not that bad of a team. There's no way. That was just an amazingly poor performance on our part, but at the end of the day, it's one game" - Rex Ryan on the Michael Kay show.

OH HOW I LOATHE YOUR CHALLENGES, REX OF THE RYAN CLAN!

:cloud9:

I love Rex! Oh we are so gonna kill the Dolphins now! Rex is my hero. I cant wait till the game.

Archived