Hi! See this hard stuff under your feet?? ITS CALLED EARTH.

CobraVerde

Some of you show your true colors every year. Its almost as predicable as Shottys playcalling. Here's a few friendly reminders since you guys obviously forgot:

1. We are all pissed. It happened. Get over it. Let the Phin fans revel in it cause that's all they got. Its an early xmas present. Moving on.

2. Sanchez is in his SECOND YEAR. Not his fifth, not his eighth. His SECOND. We were expecting a slump but got spoiled with his fast start.

3. We all hate Shotty, but we are gonna have to live with it for now. There is no way he is getting fired now.

4. Stick with this team. All we have to do is get into the playoffs. Look at last year. We snuck in and made a to the Championship game.

5. Rex is the best thing that has happened to this team in a long time. He's not the one dropping passes or named Eric Smith.

6. Eric Smith needs to just get taken away by a giant vulture and fed to its giant vulture chicks...i think we can all agree with that.

Some of you show your true colors every year. Its almost as predicable as Shottys playcalling. Here's a few friendly reminders since you guys obviously forgot:

1. We are all pissed. It happened. Get over it. Let the Phin fans revel in it cause that's all they got. Its an early xmas present. Moving on.

2. Sanchez is in his SECOND YEAR. Not his fifth, not his eighth. His SECOND. We were expecting a slump but got spoiled with his fast start.

3. We all hate Shotty, but we are gonna have to live with it for now. There is no way he is getting fired now.

4. Stick with this team. All we have to do is get into the playoffs. Look at last year. We snuck in and made a to the Championship game.

5. Rex is the best thing that has happened to this team in a long time. He's not the one dropping passes or named Eric Smith.

6. Eric Smith needs to just get taken away by a giant vulture and fed to its giant vulture chicks...i think we can all agree with that.

Tell us more about how we should root for our favorite team.

We all value your opinion!

Tell us more about how we should root for our favorite team.

We all value your opinion!

He's not telling you how to cheer for your team, he's just expressing his frustration at how annoying it is that everyone bitches after every loss. Especially those who brag about how they were right when we lose a game...it's borderline ridiculous. If everyone is allowed to have a fire schotty or can sanchez thread every week, what's wrong with him saying to just chill out??

The team is 9-4, a record half the league would kill to have. The way it is around here you'd think we were 4-9. We just need to get to the playoffs, when that happens, everyone is 0-0. The pats won the division last year and got dominated in the first year, let us just reach the playoffs and see what happens.

This was a divisional game in sh*tty weather, if anyone was expecting a blowout they just had their expectations too high.

I need to know more about the vultures.

He's not telling you how to cheer for your team, he's just expressing his frustration at how annoying it is that everyone bitches after every loss. Especially those who brag about how they were right when we lose a game...it's borderline ridiculous. If everyone is allowed to have a fire schotty or can sanchez thread every week, what's wrong with him saying to just chill out??

The team is 9-4, a record half the league would kill to have. The way it is around here you'd think we were 4-9. We just need to get to the playoffs, when that happens, everyone is 0-0. The pats won the division last year and got dominated in the first year, let us just reach the playoffs and see what happens.

This was a divisional game in sh*tty weather, if anyone was expecting a blowout they just had their expectations too high.

Its a message board, one of the more socially toxic spaces that can be found on the interwebz... if he didn't expect it to be more negative than positive, then its his own fault.

Everyone was expecting Rex to do what he said, fix the "zillion mistakes" and go back to being the 85 Bears. EVERYONE here has EVERY RIGHT to be pissed off about what Rex put on the field today. My expectations are that we win football games... I don't think that this is too high of an expectation. In fact, I look at comments like the bolded one above as enabling mediocrity.

Its a message board, one of the more socially toxic spaces that can be found on the interwebz... if he didn't expect it to be more negative than positive, then its his own fault.

Everyone was expecting Rex to do what he said, fix the "zillion mistakes" and go back to being the 85 Bears. EVERYONE here has EVERY RIGHT to be pissed off about what Rex put on the field today. My expectations are that we win football games... I don't think that this is too high of an expectation. In fact, I look at comments like the bolded one above as enabling mediocrity.

I didn't say we are to accept or celebrate mediocrity, I'm just saying that people set their expectations so incredibly high that winning 9 of your 13 games isn't enough. For some fans on here, unless we win every game in a blowout or play near perfect ball in a loss, they will still be unhappy. I'm pissed that we lost this game, we shouldn't have if we played to our abilities, but you stroll in here and you'd think that we've won a couple games all season long.

I expected to win this game, but in sh*tty weather and it being a divisional opponent who we've played relatively close for the last few years, I did not expect to blow them out...that's not enabling mediocrity, that's being a realist. We all want the same thing here in the end (well, there are a few who I think would rather us lose so they can say they were right..but that's besides the point), to make the playoffs and win as many games thereafter. We have a very good shot at making the playoffs and once we're there, everyone is back to 0-0. Here's hoping we put together a more complete game next week and take a step in that direction.

I was under the impression that this was a discussion forum.

I was also under the impression that this team was flat out embarrassed two weeks in a row.

Now, to your points. Yes, we're 9-4, so what? We're playing like we're 4-9. What do you get for having a solid record but sucking? Either a collapse (which were in the midst of) or a quick exit in the playoffs. Our 9-4 is built on a house of cards, I don't see how there can be any argument to the contrary.

Cool story about the blow-out thing. As if the option was, we'll either blow them out, or not score a TD for the 2nd straight game. Completely pathetic.

I was also under the impression that this team was flat out embarrassed two weeks in a row.

Now, to your points. Yes, we're 9-4, so what? We're playing like we're 4-9. What do you get for having a solid record but sucking? Either a collapse (which were in the midst of) or a quick exit in the playoffs. Our 9-4 is built on a house of cards, I don't see how there can be any argument to the contrary.

Cool story about the blow-out thing. As if the option was, we'll either blow them out, or not score a TD for the 2nd straight game. Completely pathetic.

F***ing this.

Midst of a collapse? It's a two game losing streak. Egad. Get the pampers!

So, you're comfortable with the way the Jets are playing?

To quote you:

The only options aren't "midst of a collapse" and comfortable with the way the Jets are playing. They are playing like sh*t, but they've played like sh*t before under this staff and they have come out of it for the better.

To quote you:

The only options aren't "midst of a collapse" and comfortable with the way the Jets are playing. They are playing like sh*t, but they've played like sh*t before under this staff and they have come out of it for the better.

They've won games. But how many times have they played well? I'm talking at a level you thought, this team can do damage in the playoffs?

Truth is, you're right, we're not 'in the midst of the a collapse', we were never really that good.

I was more confident they'd figure out a way to make the playoffs last year more than this one.

The QB stinks.

The defense hasnt made a big play all season.

The backs suck.

The WR's suck and cant catch.

Our first round TE doesn't know how to run or adjust his body.

The team is boring.

They've won games. But how many times have they played well? I'm talking at a level you thought, this team can do damage in the playoffs?

Truth is, you're right, we're not 'in the midst of the a collapse', we were never really that good.

I think the D is better than people were giving it credit for and the O is worse. I think it almost all rides on Sanchez and he has been bad and has some horrific bad weather games. There are no dominant teams. There are only 4 teams with better records and two even. You don't think this team can do damage in the playoffs? They lost by a point to the Ravens and split with the Pats. We'll see how they fare against the Steelers and Bears. They have been physically beaten and dominated in exactly one game. One.

I think the D is better than people were giving it credit for and the O is worse. I think it almost all rides on Sanchez and he has been bad and has some horrific bad weather games. There are no dominant teams. There are only 4 teams with better records and two even. You don't think this team can do damage in the playoffs? They lost by a point to the Ravens and split with the Pats. We'll see how they fare against the Steelers and Bears. They have been physically beaten and dominated in exactly one game. One.

No, sir, I don't think this team will do damage in the playoffs.

They split with the Pats, but this is not the same Pats team as week 2. I wish it was, it isn't.

I think our defense can keep us in games, but as has been seen by Baltimore, Green Bay, and Miami, that's just not enough.

I really dont understand what's happened to Edwards and Keller. We have a good record because we HAD a good offense until Santonio was introduced. I dont think I've ever seen a clearer example of subtraction by addition.

I've been a die hard since '93 and I cant remember ever being so confused about the state of the Jets.

I'll say it again. And keep in mind I am usually one of the most optimistic people on this board. Sometimes a loss is not just a loss. When you are on MNF, playing what was supposed to be the biggest game of the year, what was definitely the biggest game in regular season team history, against your most hated rival, after all of the boasting, and you are f#cked in the a$$ with a two foot dildo, you do not recover.

You can bury a football and talk about playoff possibilities, but you are done. The jets we watched yesterday, against a very mediocre team, at home, are a beaten team. They will not win another game this year. I seriously doubt if they if they will score another offensive TD.

Harsh? Maybe. But so is a 2 foot dildo. Or so I am told.

It is a discussion forum, but since you offered nothing more than "Tell us more about how we should root for our favorite team," when the OP made a number of valid points, I don't see how my post is invalid.

I agree that we have been embarrassed two weeks in a row, I see that we are playing at a 4-9 caliber of play...but no matter how bad we are playing, it doesn't take 5 of our wins away and throw them in the loss column. I don't really care what our record is built on, fact of the matter is that we are 9-4 and have a legit shot at the playoffs. Much like last year, if we make the playoffs does it matter to anyone how?? I'm not going to enjoy the game any less because of how our record was estbalished.

I never said that the only two options were a blowout or a loss, I simply made the hyperbole there, seeing as a majority of the posters on this site will only be happy if our team plays a perfect game and wins in a blowout. I'm disgusted with how we played, but just like after the ravens and packers game, if we come back and win the next three with some solid to above solid play, would that appease everyone?? There are still three games to play and it seems as though everyone is ready to pack in the season.

I understand why you and many others refuse to trust the jets until after we win a Super Bowl, but it just seems as though anyone who shows a bit of optimism is crucified around here for having a different opinion.

It is a discussion forum, but since you offered nothing more than "Tell us more about how we should root for our favorite team," when the OP made a number of valid points, I don't see how my post is invalid.

I agree that we have been embarrassed two weeks in a row, I see that we are playing at a 4-9 caliber of play...but no matter how bad we are playing, it doesn't take 5 of our wins away and throw them in the loss column. I don't really care what our record is built on, fact of the matter is that we are 9-4 and have a legit shot at the playoffs. Much like last year, if we make the playoffs does it matter to anyone how?? I'm not going to enjoy the game any less because of how our record was estbalished.

I never said that the only two options were a blowout or a loss, I simply made the hyperbole there, seeing as a majority of the posters on this site will only be happy if our team plays a perfect game and wins in a blowout. I'm disgusted with how we played, but just like after the ravens and packers game, if we come back and win the next three with some solid to above solid play, would that appease everyone?? There are still three games to play and it seems as though everyone is ready to pack in the season.

I understand why you and many others refuse to trust the jets until after we win a Super Bowl, but it just seems as though anyone who shows a bit of optimism is crucified around here for having a different opinion.

Refuse to trust the Jets?

What week should I have believed?

Wk 1 vs. Baltimore: Not an offensive TD all game. Should I trust them now?

Wk 2 vs. Pats: Great win! I'm starting to believe.

Wk 3 vs. Dolphins: Held on to win a game that should have been a blow out. Happy to be 2-1, performance here doesn't inspire confidence.

Wk 4 vs. Bills: I'm excited. We're 3-1 and 3-0 in the division. We played a complete game. But, Buffalo had no wins, I'm not exactly jumping for joy.

Wk 5 vs. Minnesota: We beat a struggling Vikings team in disturbing fashion. Come out strong and try hard to give it up. Thrilled with the record, concerned with the game.

Wk 6 vs. Denver: We looked like hell all game. All game. We got a miracle at the end. I'm thrilled again to be 5-1, but performance still is scary.

Wk 7: Bye

Wk 8 vs. Green Bay: We come out and do nothing. We score 0 points at home. Certainly, I need to consider my suspicions from Minnesota and Denver here. 5-2 is still good though.

Wk 9 vs. Detroit: A bad coaching call by Schwartz allows us to come back in a game we should have lost, against a team that a good 5-2 team should beat. But, we're 6-2. Yay!

Wk 10 vs. Cleveland: We look terrible for most of the game, manage to tie it up, and get a miracle fumble in OT to avoid a loss and a broken tackle to avoid a tie. 7-2, but really, we haven't looked good since Buffalo.

Wk 11 vs. Houston: Until midway through the 3rd, I feel like this team is finally playing up to it's abilities. Then they give up like 20 straight points to go down, but fortunately make a great comeback to hold off the mighty Texans. I was more excited than I'd been after any game this year. But, still uncomfortable about the way the game was played. 8-2!

Wk 12 vs. Cincinnati: We look like garbage in the first half but Brad Smith saves the day, and then defense shuts them down. 9-2, but still not trusting the team because we haven't seen a complete game since Buffalo.

Wk 13 vs. Pats: This is the week when everyone who said 'all that matters is wins' rhetoric got bukakked. I'd take an ugly win every week, problem is, real life doesn't work like that and when you win ugly against bad teams, you usually don't beat good ones. That's exactly what happened as we got taken to the woodshed and embarrassed.

Wk 14 vs. Miami: We've now gone two games in a row where we didn't score a TD. Our defense allowed 5 completions, and we still lost. If that's not embarrassing, I don't know what more to say.

That synopsis is a pretty objective look at our season. Remind me again where I was supposed to believe?

Wk 1 vs. Baltimore: Not an offensive TD all game. Should I trust them now?

Wk 2 vs. Pats: Great win! I'm starting to believe.

Wk 3 vs. Dolphins: Held on to win a game that should have been a blow out. Happy to be 2-1, performance here doesn't inspire confidence.

Wk 4 vs. Bills: I'm excited. We're 3-1 and 3-0 in the division. We played a complete game. But, Buffalo had no wins, I'm not exactly jumping for joy.

Wk 5 vs. Minnesota: We beat a struggling Vikings team in disturbing fashion. Come out strong and try hard to give it up. Thrilled with the record, concerned with the game.

Wk 6 vs. Denver: We looked like hell all game. All game. We got a miracle at the end. I'm thrilled again to be 5-1, but performance still is scary.

Wk 7: Bye

Wk 8 vs. Green Bay: We come out and do nothing. We score 0 points at home. Certainly, I need to consider my suspicions from Minnesota and Denver here. 5-2 is still good though.

Wk 9 vs. Detroit: A bad coaching call by Schwartz allows us to come back in a game we should have lost, against a team that a good 5-2 team should beat. But, we're 6-2. Yay!

Wk 10 vs. Cleveland: We look terrible for most of the game, manage to tie it up, and get a miracle fumble in OT to avoid a loss and a broken tackle to avoid a tie. 7-2, but really, we haven't looked good since Buffalo.

Wk 11 vs. Houston: Until midway through the 3rd, I feel like this team is finally playing up to it's abilities. Then they give up like 20 straight points to go down, but fortunately make a great comeback to hold off the mighty Texans. I was more excited than I'd been after any game this year. But, still uncomfortable about the way the game was played. 8-2!

Wk 12 vs. Cincinnati: We look like garbage in the first half but Brad Smith saves the day, and then defense shuts them down. 9-2, but still not trusting the team because we haven't seen a complete game since Buffalo.

Wk 13 vs. Pats: This is the week when everyone who said 'all that matters is wins' rhetoric got bukakked. I'd take an ugly win every week, problem is, real life doesn't work like that and when you win ugly against bad teams, you usually don't beat good ones. That's exactly what happened as we got taken to the woodshed and embarrassed.

Wk 14 vs. Miami: We've now gone two games in a row where we didn't score a TD. Our defense allowed 5 completions, and we still lost. If that's not embarrassing, I don't know what more to say.

That synopsis is a pretty objective look at our season. Remind me again where I was supposed to believe?

LOL! Nice job you hulk! I wouldnt mess with you on or off the board. :lol:

When I said that you refuse to trust the jets, it was me paraphrasing you saying how you refuse to believe in them until the clock says 00:00 and we win the Super Bowl, it wasn't me requesting you to analyze each game. My response would be when we were 9-2, as a bad team does not win 9 of 11 games no matter how lucky they are. That is fact.

You're right, this is an objective view and pretty much encompasses most of our feelings I'm sure. I wasn't saying you should believe in them or that I was going to offer evidence to persuade you to do so, I was merely saying that you and many do not trust them and you all have your reasons. However, it seems as though when others, as the OP did, offer their optimistic viewpoint and stray from the normal "SOJ/Sky is falling" type of thinking, they are berated for either "telling others how to root for their team" or "being blind homers" etc. Yet they find it perfectly ok to turn around and tell those who believe in the team that they are ridiculous, moronic or blind and shouldn't have this type of faith. Is it not the same thing??

People cope in different ways, I personally find it awfully hard to be perpetually pessimistic and negative throughout and entire football season, but to each their own. It's just a futile argument where you would ask 'where should i believe' and give all the examples that you did..which are all valid points and well written. I would contend that being 9-2 now 9-4 and winning those late games, where good teams find a way to win, is reason to have faith. In the end we all want the same thing. I just notice a bit of hypocrisy on the board is all.

When I said that you refuse to trust the jets, it was me paraphrasing you saying how you refuse to believe in them until the clock says 00:00 and we win the Super Bowl, it wasn't me requesting you to analyze each game. My response would be when we were 9-2, as a bad team does not win 9 of 11 games no matter how lucky they are. That is fact.

You're right, this is an objective view and pretty much encompasses most of our feelings I'm sure. I wasn't saying you should believe in them or that I was going to offer evidence to persuade you to do so, I was merely saying that you and many do not trust them and you all have your reasons. However, it seems as though when others, as the OP did, offer their optimistic viewpoint and stray from the normal "SOJ/Sky is falling" type of thinking, they are berated for either "telling others how to root for their team" or "being blind homers" etc. Yet they find it perfectly ok to turn around and tell those who believe in the team that they are ridiculous, moronic or blind and shouldn't have this type of faith. Is it not the same thing??

People cope in different ways, I personally find it awfully hard to be perpetually pessimistic and negative throughout and entire football season, but to each their own. It's just a futile argument where you would ask 'where should i believe' and give all the examples that you did..which are all valid points and well written. I would contend that being 9-2 now 9-4 and winning those late games, where good teams find a way to win, is reason to have faith. In the end we all want the same thing. I just notice a bit of hypocrisy on the board is all.

"Some of you guys show your true colors every year"

You want a constructive response?

Archived