When was the last time we had a good offense?

gsnts725

The New York Jets' offense have been incompetent for a very long time. The last time we ranked in the top 5 in offense was 1998 where we ranked 5th in points and 4th in yards. The closest team to rank that high was the 2008 Jets where they ranked 9th in points and 16th in yards and we know what happened that year. What is the problem? QB? Offensive Coordinator? Both? This year's Jets need to figure out how to points on the board and quick or we'll be seeing a repeat of 2008 all over again, which looks very likely now =.=

The New York Jets' offense have been incompetent for a very long time. The last time we ranked in the top 5 in offense was 1998 where we ranked 5th in points and 4th in yards. The closest team to rank that high was the 2008 Jets where they ranked 9th in points and 16th in yards and we know what happened that year. What is the problem? QB? Offensive Coordinator? Both? This year's Jets need to figure out how to points on the board and quick or we'll be seeing a repeat of 2008 all over again, which looks very likely now =.=

When was the last time we didnt suck? Why cant we be consistent like the Patriots?

I think what you meant to say is "why can't we be consistently good like the patriots" because if consistency was the issue there would be no concerns because we consistently suck. It was fun while it lasted though. I really thought this team had a shot. It sucks, but it's better than all the years we've had no reason to watch beyond week six.

The New York Jets' offense have been incompetent for a very long time. The last time we ranked in the top 5 in offense was 1998 where we ranked 5th in points and 4th in yards. The closest team to rank that high was the 2008 Jets where they ranked 9th in points and 16th in yards and we know what happened that year. What is the problem? QB? Offensive Coordinator? Both?

Mainly, the problem is our franchise QB is only in his second year. (And he's raw, even for a 2nd year player because of his limited college experience). He has improved and will continue to - with some set backs here and there (like the last few games)

Despite all the troubles, we are trending in the right direction here with our offense. Not these 2 games compared to the season, but this season compared to last.

I don't know why people insist that this team sucks. It doesn't. It's sucked for two weeks in a row, but not this whole season. The whole season it is 9-4, that's still one of the best records in the NFL. Not light years ahead of last year, but certainly a step or two up. I remember we went through all the same whining last year after the Falcons game. Our team looked like crap then. But you saw what happened... you never know.

We have a good offense right now. We just don't know what to do with it.

THe NYJETS cannot establish a running game that would allow the passing game to open up. Who is to blame? We have a QB who looks scared and indecisive on every play of the game. Our offense is so predictable teams practice for it as its the same dam thing every week.

Mainly, the problem is our franchise QB is only in his second year. (And he's raw, even for a 2nd year player because of his limited college experience). He has improved and will continue to - with some set backs here and there (like the last few games)

Despite all the troubles, we are trending in the right direction here with our offense. Not these 2 games compared to the season, but this season compared to last.

I don't know why people insist that this team sucks. It doesn't. It's sucked for two weeks in a row, but not this whole season. The whole season it is 9-4, that's still one of the best records in the NFL. Not light years ahead of last year, but certainly a step or two up. I remember we went through all the same whining last year after the Falcons game. Our team looked like crap then. But you saw what happened... you never know.

Two E's: Eyes and Expectation. The eye test is pretty obvious, as last year we had a dominant unit, the defense. All the team needed was Sanchez to manage the game and not throw INT's, and we were going to win. It was that simple. Revis was having one of the greatest seasons of all time by a secondary player, Pace was excellent, and our only complaint on the D was Kerry Rhodes (don't want him back, but I do wish that was my biggest complaint right now).

Add that in to expectations. Even when the Jets started hot last year and Sanchez looked good, there were no Super Bowl hopes. Really, the only Super Bowl expectations came once the Jets beat the Chargers, which was rather realistic. They fought hard, and nearly beat Peyton Manning and the Colts in their house (and I still think they would have if Greene didn't get hurt). It sucked...it hurt, but we had hope for the future. This year? Sanchez has shown flashes, but still mopes on the sidelines when he plays bad. They choked in the two biggest games of the season. They've FAILED expectations.

Don't insult last years team by saying it's the same. That D was awesome, and gave us hope every week. This team doesn't have that, and it's starting to sound and look like they're giving up. This team isn't the same. Perhaps they make a late-run, but it won't be the same as last year. They were gritty and tough, this team is full of hot air and nothing more.

Last year. We had a good OL. It makes or breaks you.

Pay your linemen. Let every other diva walk.

The group as a whole played well early in the season. I think it's a combination of injury, LT running out of gas, and predictable play calling. Agreed that you win and lose in the trenches, though I just don't think Faneca would be making this any better. Vlad has just been a waste, is all.

You know how there's been a week or two for alot of the big contenders this year where they're guaranteed locks to go to the Super Bowl? Jets had that early.

You know how all those same contenders have had periods (as in one or two games) where they struggled and everyone...everyone...jumps off the bandwagon? Jets are there.

Pats had it when they lost to the Browns...Steelers had it when they lost to the Pats...Ravens had it because Flacco sucks...the Giants were a hot pick 'til they weren't now they might be again after tonight...the Eagles haven't had their big fall yet, but they had their two week hype as the "no doubt best team in the NFC"...Falcons are riding a wave...the Chargers still may not make the playoffs but they had their doom and gloom moments already...

Not that there's an actual trend to watch...just that alot of good teams hear the same bs and go through similar bs.

This is so funny to me, a couple of weeks ago people on here were posting links to the dol-phags site to read all the crap

they were talking about their team,(?) and now look at some off you.

Get a ******* grip guys, im mad as hell, im embarrassed but sh*t, enough is enough.

Don't forget that 1/8 of that team's touchdowns came on defense & special teams. Also there were some crazy-lucky ones like that chuck & duck to Stuckey.

Archived