NFL Playbook breaks down jets offense

CTM

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-network-playbook/09000d5d81ce91ab/Playbook-Sanchize-hurting-franchise

First 5 minutes or so are really good, and sheds a little light on some execution issues.. holmes in particularly is one guy that seems like a slouch frankly

Also, it'd be great if they let fans have access to some of the coaches views.. even if by subscription

Pretty much said what I believed.

He's just not that good. His players let him down, and they may have won the game if everyone around him made plays, but, the defense allowed 4 1st downs and 5 completions. This should have been a laugher. A good QB and we win by 20, even w/ the drops.

Pretty much said what I believed.

He's just not that good. His players let him down, and they may have won the game if everyone around him made plays, but, the defense allowed 4 1st downs and 5 completions. This should have been a laugher. A good QB and we win by 20, even w/ the drops.

Yep...all the Sanchez apologists need to see this because its eye opening to how terrible he really is which you should be able to see for yourself just watching the games...but Mayock breaks it down very well.

My gripe with Schitty has always been the selection of calls at certain times in the game and how he seemingly does the complete opposite of what you should do vs. certain D's.

But its really hard to look like a good OC when your QB is awful.

Yep...all the Sanchez apologists need to see this because its eye opening to how terrible he really is which you should be able to see for yourself just watching the games...but Mayock breaks it down very well.

My gripe with Schitty has always been the selection of calls at certain times in the game and how he seemingly does the complete opposite of what you should do vs. certain D's.

Yep, pretty much right on. And I say this not giving up on Sanchez. He just eventually needs to get better. I think he gets another full year next year and if there isn't improvement by end year, well... back to square one imo. I think in todays NFL environment 3 years should be enough time to get it. But I'm a little worried right now that he still seems so lost at times...but like I said, I'm with this kid and will continue to believe in his potential... at least for another year.

With that said and having watched the film, I still think Shottenheimer needs to be replaced.

Yep, pretty much right on. And I say this not giving up on Sanchez. He just eventually needs to get better. I think he gets another full year next year and if there isn't improvement by end year, well... back to square one imo. I think in todays NFL environment 3 years should be enough time to get it. But I'm a little worried right now that he still seems so lost at times...but like I said, I'm with this kid and will continue to believe in his potential... at least for another year.

With that said and having watched the film, I still think Shottenheimer needs to be replaced.

The bradcat is terrible.. obv we need to throw out of it more based on that view..

The running problems land in callahan's lap <realtalk>

The receivers being lazy are part of the reason we picked em up on the cheap..

Sanchez can't hit water from a boat when the weather turns

Lots of problems there are..

Thanks for the vid, CTM!

Question: Has any of the beat writers following the Jets asked Rex/Schotty/Sanchez point blank why some of his throws are so off the target?

It can't simply be footwork as Clueless Rex contends, is it?

It's not even a wobbly pass. Sanchez can throw a bullet that misses his target by 3 to 5 yards.

Have we EVER gotten an explanation???

Yeah, when you look around the league teams get WR's wide open. Is that on Schotty or our WR's...dunno...but its clear that other team do a lot better job at getting guys open.

I'm o.k. w/ Sanchez sucking. Its to be expected. He's a baby still and shows it on the sidelines. But the reality is, he's a 2nd year QB with not a ton of experience and his college experience didnt help him prepare for the NFL. I'd like to think he can get better, but the video evidence is damning. He really really sucks bad right now.

The bradcat is terrible.. obv we need to throw out of it more based on that view..

The running problems land in callahan's lap <realtalk>

The receivers being lazy are part of the reason we picked em up on the cheap..

Sanchez can't hit water from a boat when the weather turns

Lots of problems there are..

Big problems every where, no doubt. Sanchez sucking major donkey dick makes all those problems even worse. If the kid cant figure out how to play in bad conditions, trade him to a dome team.

Its a shame...we'd win the SB with a capable QB.

Thanks for the vid, CTM!

Question: Has any of the beat writers following the Jets asked Rex/Schotty/Sanchez point blank why some of his throws are so off the target?

It's not even a wobbly pass. Sanchez can throw a bullet that misses his target by 3 to 5 yards.

I'm not sure you can explain why a QB is wildly inaccurate. Especially if the answer is, he's just not very good which I'm afraid is the truth of the matter.

And wasnt his footwork beyond his years last season? What happened. How do you regress in that area?

All the concerns I had that made want nothing to do with him in the draft are clear and present right now...its scary because this team is SB ready.

Yeah, when you look around the league teams get WR's wide open. Is that on Schotty or our WR's...dunno...but its clear that other team do a lot better job at getting guys open.

It's impossible to tell without coaches tape.. There was 1 play there that keller was wide open but he threw it to Santonio, bad read, but really hard to see on tv angles..

Other times QB's are supposed to throw receivers open, but if you're throwing into the defense it looks on tape like the guy was blanketed..

just don't think you can unequivocally say much in that regard.. i know we had a few guys pretty wide open that sanchez either threw a bad ball to or the receiver just dropped/...

really this is all a moot point, if sanchez doesn't improve over next few weeks, schotty gets fired (right or wrong), that's all there is too it

I'm not sure you can explain why a QB is wildly inaccurate. Especially if the answer is, he's just not very good which I'm afraid is the truth of the matter.

But if that is the truth, why is Sanchez dead-on with certain passes? It was a perfect pass to Cotch which Cotch dropped. There was also the perfect bomb to Braylon in the Texans game.

But if that is the truth, why is Sanchez dead-on with certain passes? It was a perfect pass to Cotch which Cotch dropped. There was also the perfect bomb to Braylon in the Texans game.

Still think the weather is a factor

sancheztemp.png

Still think the weather is a factor

sancheztemp.png

Cool, where did you get that?

But how could the weather make him miss his target so badly?

Seriously. Sanchez would throw a tight spiral that's a laser and miss his target by 5 yards. It's like Robocop after he got shot up by the cops and his targetting system was all screwed up.

Thanks for the vid, CTM!

May I attempt to answer?

Yeah? Thanks.

I think his throws are off target for a myriad of reasons...1. he gets shook when a D consistently pressures him...2. he's still generally nervous in division games because he's young and our division rivals are really tough...3. he's not that good yet...4. he still isn't great at reading a D and it's coverages...5. the WRs, Holmes and Cotchery in particular, have been inconsistent this year and neither group (QB and WR) completely trusts the other to do their job...yea lots of reasons...I could probably list a couple more if I didn't just wake up.

Why do pitchers that throw strikes occasionally miss the strike zone? Who knows. I think its because he's inaccurate. Just because you are, doesnt mean you arent good for a couple of good throws a game.

Plus, I dont know if anyone has mentioned this, but weather could be a factor.

Why do pitchers that throw strikes occasionally miss the strike zone? Who knows. I think its because he's inaccurate. Just because you are, doesnt mean you arent good for a couple of good throws a game.

Plus, I dont know if anyone has mentioned this, but weather could be a factor.

LOL

But I wonder, HOW is wheather a factor? If he's throwing a straight spiral how could the weather make him miss by 3 to 5 yards?

Cool, where did you get that?

I put it together

But how could the weather make him miss his target so badly?

Seriously. Sanchez would throw a tight spiral that's a laser and miss his target by 5 yards. It's like Robocop after he got shot up by the cops and his targetting system was all screwed up.

Hand cold? Shivering? Maybe he's just a wimp who can't operate at a high level when he's cold

Freaken jif was whining the other day about 40 degree weather in Jax, and i believe he is from the NE so he's atleast partially acclimated to cold. Sanchex grew up in a beautiful climate and is being asked to go out and compete at a world class level at the most difficult position in all of sports, in weather much worse then what that wimp jif was crying about having to walk from his condo to his car in..

May I attempt to answer?

Yeah? Thanks.

I think his throws are off target for a myriad of reasons...1. he gets shook when a D consistently pressures him...2. he's still generally nervous in division games because he's young and our division rivals are really tough...3. he's not that good yet...4. he still isn't great at reading a D and it's coverages...5. the WRs, Holmes and Cotchery in particular, have been inconsistent this year and neither group (QB and WR) completely trusts the other to do their job...yea lots of reasons...I could probably list a couple more if I didn't just wake up.

So to summarize: Schotty sucks.

I put it together

Hand cold? Shivering? Maybe he's just a wimp who can't operate at a high level when he's cold

Freaken jif was whining the other day about 40 degree weather in Jax, and i believe he is from the NE so he's atleast partially acclimated to cold. Sanchex grew up in a beautiful climate and is being asked to go out and compete at a world class level at the most difficult position in all of sports, in weather much worse then what that wimp jif was crying about having to walk from his condo to his car in..

You know your QB is a giant puss if the only comparison you can come up with is Jiftin Beiber.

LOL

But I wonder, HOW is wheather a factor? If he's throwing a straight spiral how could the weather make him miss by 3 to 5 yards?

He's not accurate even in good weather and he's a southern cali mexican model trying to play QB...in the cold. Its not a good formula.

I put it together

Truth. I'm originally from New York and lived in Seattle....but lived most my life in Florida. I hate cold weather and understand it takes a while to get used to. Especially for a mexican model from souther cali who happens to be a gay.

The other night, it was like 20 degrees out with 30 mile per hour winds. And I was thinking about how big of a pussy Sanchez is and was trying to figure out why it was so hard for him to play in cold weather. So I went outside and made this chick I'm seeing catch passes from me...lol...and I was awful. Couldnt throw for sh*t. And I have a good arm...well...it more like a Pennington arm in that I'm deadly accurate and throw a great spiral. But I was struggling, so I can kind of feel his pain. Its hard to adjust and dude was doing it in similar weather...raining.

Its not his fault, he's a warm weather guy. Which makes me really nervous about him long term with the NY Jets.

You know your QB is a giant puss if the only comparison you can come up with is Jiftin Beiber.

Whatever, it doesnt affect that QB up in NE.

You can't take everything these guys say as gospel. You can find 5 bad throws/plays for any QB in this league on a weekly basis. And that includes Drew Brees and Peyton Manning. Coaching tapes are nice and I used to read Cossell's notes when it was free, but now that isn't so most people have zero access to this information. You can still glean some good information from radio, from watching carefully on TV and especially from being at the stadium and piece things together.

Keep in mind these guys are just giving an opinion. They themselves do not know what play is called and what is supposed to happen. More than likely these guys aren't even watching the entire game, they have 16 games a week to look over so why would they focus on one team?

They also showed you 5 good throws that Sanchez made that were dropped. Plenty of people have killed Schitty and his playcalling, and you can find those threads on here as well.

Sanchez does have bad throws, but you can't point the finger at him squarely. This is still a badly coordinated offense.

And yes, the receivers are slouches. I've said that for weeks. Most of the time I can't even tell that they're running routes because they're so damn lazy. I think Braylon tries a little harder than Santonio, although that isn't a shining endorsement or anything. This team is an absolute mess. When this many things go wrong you blame the coaches, because they should have done something about it. It's not like it happened overnight.

You can't take everything these guys say as gospel. You can find 5 bad throws/plays for any QB in this league on a weekly basis. And that includes Drew Brees and Peyton Manning. Coaching tapes are nice and I used to read Cossell's notes when it was free, but now that isn't so most people have zero access to this information. You can still glean some good information from radio, from watching carefully on TV and especially from being at the stadium and piece things together.

Keep in mind these guys are just giving an opinion. They themselves do not know what play is called and what is supposed to happen. More than likely these guys aren't even watching the entire game, they have 16 games a week to look over so why would they focus on one team?

They also showed you 5 good throws that Sanchez made that were dropped. Plenty of people have killed Schitty and his playcalling, and you can find those threads on here as well.

Sanchez does have bad throws, but you can't point the finger at him squarely. This is still a badly coordinated offense.

And yes, the receivers are slouches. I've said that for weeks. Most of the time I can't even tell that they're running routes because they're so damn lazy. I think Braylon tries a little harder than Santonio, although that isn't a shining endorsement or anything. This team is an absolute mess. When this many things go wrong you blame the coaches, because they should have done something about it. It's not like it happened overnight.

Sweet merciful crap.

Keep in mind these guys are just giving an opinion. They themselves do not know what play is called and what is supposed to happen.

They're literally watching the play...they don't care what play is called because what they're seeing is open WRs completely missed, opportunities for plays missed because of misread coverages that a good QB nails playcalled or not, and they're seeing what IS happening...what's SUPPOSED to happen is that those passes and plays get executed.

Backwards...backwards f*ckin logic on your part.

Also...they're not blaming Sanchez if you watch the video everyone is criticized...what Mayock goes after is the missed opportunities this team left on the field....that is not the OC no matter how desperately you want it to be.

Archived