probowl

GodWearsAGrayHoodie

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Pro Bowl is a dick-sniffing contest anyway, but having only three Jets just shows you how much the rest of the world hates this team.

Really ? Like who? No one on this team stood on this team. Revis only got in on name alone

It happens. What has Peyton Manning done this year to warrant going? He is going purely on past years. Although I don't think anything was worse than Favre in 2008.

Oh, I don't disagree with you. I don't find it overly upsetting, but it's certainly true. It's just like how whichever teams look best after week 12 or so always have the most Pro Bowl selections. Those 2008 Jets led the league in Pro Bowl selections thanks mostly to back to back wins over NE and the 10-0 Titans, before tanking down the stretch. I'm sure there's even some of your mighty Patriots who suddenly made the jump into Pro Bowl fame this year that you would probably even agree are questionable selections. It happens though, the Pro Bowl is certainly far from perfect.

Good for Mangold and Brick, they deserve it. Let's be honest, Revis made it in based on his 2009 season, not his 2010 one.

No... he made it because he is the best CB in football and has proved it this year once he was in football shape. Nobody will ever match his 2009 season but his 2010 is pro bowl worthy.

It happens. What has Peyton Manning done this year to warrant going? He is going purely on past years. Although I don't think anything was worse than Favre in 2008.

Manning has completed 66.3% of his passes for 4436 yards, 31 TDs and 17 INTs (despite throwing 11 in a three game stretch) and is basically personally willing his team to the postseason despite what maybe the single most nightmarish injury season around him that any QB has ever had to deal with.

Manning has almost as many completions this year as Tom Brady has pass attempts. You want to know why? Because his team needed them.

Manning should be getting a ton more MVP love than he is getting. 2010 has been arguably his best year when you consider all he's had to contend with.

Manning is still the best QB in the league and its really not close.

Oh, I don't disagree with you. I don't find it overly upsetting, but it's certainly true. It's just like how whichever teams look best after week 12 or so always have the most Pro Bowl selections. Those 2008 Jets led the league in Pro Bowl selections thanks mostly to back to back wins over NE and the 10-0 Titans, before tanking down the stretch. I'm sure there's even some of your mighty Patriots who suddenly made the jump into Pro Bowl fame this year that you would probably even agree are questionable selections. It happens though, the Pro Bowl is certainly far from perfect.

Mankins missed half the season, don't know why anyone voted for him. There were a couple of Pats I though should have made it that didn't. Whatever, I don't want any Patriots playing in it, rather they go to Dallas.

What a player does on prime time certainly matters more than what he does during a normal 1 or 4 Sunday game.

Guest Oxoboxo

Manning has completed 66.3% of his passes for 4436 yards, 31 TDs and 17 INTs (despite throwing 11 in a three game stretch) and is basically personally willing his team to the postseason despite what maybe the single most nightmarish injury season around him that any QB has ever had to deal with.

Manning has almost as many completions this year as Tom Brady has pass attempts. You want to know why? Because his team needed them.

Manning should be getting a ton more MVP love than he is getting. 2010 has been arguably his best year when you consider all he's had to contend with.

Accurate.

Not for nothing, but its hard to intercept passes when QBs don't throw in your direction because the guy you are covering is... well... covered.

Has any other DB ever made the Pro Bowl without a single pic? Ever? Just seems weird to me. But I'm glad for him and look forward to his next holdout and mediocre first half of a season.

Not for nothing, but its hard to intercept passes when QBs don't throw in your direction because the guy you are covering is... well... covered.

Revis has certainly played well, but this theory that he's never thrown at is simply untrue. Granted most QBs are picking on the likes of our reserve CBs and horrid safeties, but let's not pretend that QBs aren't throwing, and completing, passes to their top receivers. Revis has given up a number of plays this season, and has been victimized on more than one of the Jets late game defensive collapses that we've seen this season.

I still think Revis is a very good QB, I just don't think that for this particular season, he performed as one of the best in the league. Overall his coverage has been very good, but he's certainly not at the level he was last year and even when the opportunity presents itself, he's failed time and again to make any big plays. Granted, the guy has been playing the entire year with an injury and done well in spite of it, but he still wasn't better than every CB in the AFC other than Asomugha.

Revis has certainly played well, but this theory that he's never thrown at is simply untrue. Granted most QBs are picking on the likes of our reserve CBs and horrid safeties, but let's not pretend that QBs aren't throwing, and completing, passes to their top receivers. Revis has given up a number of plays this season, and has been victimized on more than one of the Jets late game defensive collapses that we've seen this season.

I still think Revis is a very good QB, I just don't think that for this particular season, he performed as one of the best in the league. Overall his coverage has been very good, but he's certainly not at the level he was last year and even when the opportunity presents itself, he's failed time and again to make any big plays. Granted, the guy has been playing the entire year with an injury and done well in spite of it, but he still wasn't better than every CB in the AFC other than Asomugha.

Is big plays the same as pics? i guess a pic could be a small pic like one at the end of the game when the QB just throws it up, but no pics whatsoever. I tried to see if any other corner back has ever made the pro bowl without getting a single pic that year. Hopefully Revis gets one during the Buffalo game so I can stop looking.

Sure he did.

Did he do that at UF too since he drafted Hernandez, Cunningham and Spikes. :rolleyes:

BBs oldest son goes to Rutgers and BB helped Schiano install a hybrid of the NE defense.

Whether or not you choose to believe that is certainly your choice.

http://www.monstersandcritics.com/people/Bill-Belichick/biography

BBs oldest son goes to Rutgers and BB helped Schiano install a hybrid of the NE defense.

Whether or not you choose to believe that is certainly your choice.

http://www.monstersandcritics.com/people/Bill-Belichick/biography

Boy your reading comprehension skills leave a lot to be desired.

From the link you posted:

Schiano has consulted with Belichick on a variety of topics, most notably defense. Schiano has rewritten his entire defense, creating a version of the Belichick 3-4 defense. Schiano uses more of a zone scheme than Belichick, but the traits are similar.

Based on what I read above, Schiano installed a new defense at Rutgers based on the Pats defense after consulting with Belichick.

How do you go from that to "Belichick helped Schiano install a hybrid of the NE defense?" By wording it the way you have, you make it sound like Belichick has been spending time in Piscataway running film sessions for coaches and players when that simply isn't close to being the case.

Manning has almost as many completions this year as Tom Brady has pass attempts. You want to know why?

Because Manning has 638 pass attempts.

After Brady wins his 4th ring in a few weeks, Manning will always be considered second fiddle.

Because Manning has 638 pass attempts.

After Brady wins his 4th ring in a few weeks, Manning will always be considered second fiddle.

Don't cherry pick my posts son.

Manning has 638 pass attempts because if he didn't his team would have two wins right now.

Answer me this: how many months are you going to avoid JN for when the Pats get blasted out of the playoffs short of the SB?

Archived