Nnamdi Asomugha a FA

Jetsfan1015

Interesting thing I saw the other day--Champ Bailey wants out of Denver AND he wants to be moved to Free Safety. That would make a lot more sense, and would be a lot cheaper, than trying to overpay for Nnamdi.

This would necessitate me jizzing my pants.

Interesting thing I saw the other day--Champ Bailey wants out of Denver AND he wants to be moved to Free Safety. That would make a lot more sense, and would be a lot cheaper, than trying to overpay for Nnamdi.

One thing is true... Asomugha + Revis < Cro + Revis + Good safety

No way in hell. Brad Smith also means kick returner which means field position.

Brad Smith does a hell of allot more than just wildcat.

If he's goes, they will be using a couple of guys to replace all that he does.

I disagree. The kick returns are a product of the entire special teams. Smith's has value but it depends on contract, I certainly think he's replacable and is one of the more overrated players on the team. Just my opinion, of course I would like to keep them all but what I'm saying is I'm not losing sleep if he wants a big contract and they tell him to screw. And yeah the whole no Smith hopefully no wildcat thing.

He said he would love to partner up with Revis. Would he take less money to form the greatest tandem of all-time (arguably, assuming both keep up their level of play)?

ummmm can we deal with the current playoff run before we talk off-season?

One thing is true... Asomugha + Revis < Cro + Revis + Good safety

That's not true in the least. Asomugha is so far ahead of Cro as a corner its not even funny. Taking the # 1 and # 2 receivers out of a game every week would be a sure-fire way to return to being the # 1 defense again next season. Who needs safety help when the opposing team's deep threats are taken care of?

Very enticing, but no chance in hell this will happen. They can't lock up that much cash in one position when they have other screaming needs. The question is, why in holy hell did Oakland void his contract? There has to be something behind it

Because it is stupid to pay a CB that much money, and they no longer suck that much.

Very enticing, but no chance in hell this will happen. They can't lock up that much cash in one position when they have other screaming needs. The question is, why in holy hell did Oakland void his contract? There has to be something behind it

There was some random clause that had to do with not reaching certain incentives which voided it next year.

that would be a sick defense...

I disagree. The kick returns are a product of the entire special teams. Smith's has value but it depends on contract, I certainly think he's replacable and is one of the more overrated players on the team. Just my opinion, of course I would like to keep them all but what I'm saying is I'm not losing sleep if he wants a big contract and they tell him to screw. And yeah the whole no Smith hopefully no wildcat thing.

I think Smith has a lot more value than we even know. This guy has exceptional running ability. The wildcat that the jets run is so predictable, and yet he almost always gains positive yards. I think an OC with some imagination could do great stuff with him. How many reverses have the jets run with him all year? A couple? He runs one 50+ yards for a TD and they don't run it some more? They throw screen passes to Cotchery. How about Smith? How about Edwards or Holmes clearing out one side and hitting Smith with a short pass in the flat? He is not a great receiver, but he can catch a short pass. I'd try to get the ball in this guys hands any way I could.

I think Smith has a lot more value than we even know. This guy has exceptional running ability. The wildcat that the jets run is so predictable, and yet he almost always gains positive yards. I think an OC with some imagination could do great stuff with him. How many reverses have the jets run with him all year? A couple? He runs one 50+ yards for a TD and they don't run it some more? They throw screen passes to Cotchery. How about Smith? How about Edwards or Holmes clearing out one side and hitting Smith with a short pass in the flat? He is not a great receiver, but he can catch a short pass. I'd try to get the ball in this guys hands any way I could.

I absolutely agree. He makes for a very good #4 if used properly in the right system. But it always seems that good gadget players always get too much money in the FA market.

I love him too, but unfortunately, he won't be worth the pricetag he's sure to command. Enjoy watching him miss the playoffs in a Cardinals uniform next season.

if my first born would appease him to stay a Jet I would gladly give it to him!

Archived