Am I missing something with Heath Miller?

Matt39

Its true that with Polamalu and Miller the Steelers probably would have beat us in Week 15. But if we play like we did against New England, only divine intervention could prevent us from getting to the Super Bowl. And I happen to believe God is on our side this year.

God has a foot fetish.

4047333139_71fc9660d8.jpg

This image is better, but it's too big to post: http://tattoosbynickkelly.files.wordpress.com/2010/05/dscn0436.jpg

Funny you should mention it, I have been thinking the same thing. He's a good, tough, very physical player with some blocking and receiving skills. I would like to have him on my team. With that said, he's not Antonio Gates. He doesn't require special scheming.

I don't think you get it. It's not that Heath Miller is so special, it's that every TE the Jets play requires special scheming. The alleged book on the Jets is that they are susceptible to TE and RB receptions over the middle. Therefore, the fact that Miller is good makes him a huge issue for the scheme. No big deal. They rely on the running game, their backs aren't great receivers. Seems like we'll see our regular D. Wonder if Randle-el will throw. He's 2 for 2 with 2 TDs.

Who cares...you should see the Steelers forum I'm posting on.

Every single one of their players is better than every single one of our players.

You should really wonder over there...amazing some of the stuff I'm reading. Its making me wonder why we are even playing this game.

which one, I was lurking at steelersaddicts earlier in the week... seemed similair to here, just with a heavier dose of klackos

which one, I was lurking at steelersaddicts earlier in the week... seemed similair to here, just with a heavier dose of klackos

This is where I've been posting... http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?s=&daysprune=&f=7

On just the front page alone, every single Jets player is insulted and is going to be owned by a Steeler.

Pretty amusing really.

Heath Miller is good because he is above average as a receiver and very good as a blocker, thus he's on the field most of the time. This makes it hard to adjust the defense to determine if he is going to be a pass receiving option on some plays which can lead to him getting open alot. he's good, but he's nowhere near elite. He's what Becht would have been had Becht not had bricks for hands and didn't go down from a light breeze.

Why knock on Joel Dreessen? A sixth round pick still in the NFL after 6 years, getting some starts and filling two roles? Seems like he's doing better than expected.

Agreed, it's unfair that, unfortunately Dreessen is inadvertently attahed to the disaster that was...the 2005 Draft. To think back...so the Jets desperately NEEDed a Tight End, right. So they trade their 26th pick for Doug Jolley which subsequently makes Nugent their first overall pick. Dreessen in turn, becomes the constellation prize in what I believe was the 6th round? Meanwhile the best TE in the draft, Mr. Miller is picked 4 slots after #26 and goes on to become a pretty good NFL TE.

Thought so...I'm just trying to fill them up with more confidence...not that I'm confident...but its fun. Especially if by some miracle we do win.

don't tell me you've been whining all week that we have no chance? if so what exactly makes you feel that way?

He's a fantastic blocker but he's only above average as a receiver at best. Sure he can hurt us, but the Pats TEs are actually better than him and we did okay against them.

Only above average? The issue compared to the Pats is the running game. The Jets aren't going to be able to play DBs at LB and stop the Steelers from running. That means either a S or LB on Miller and those guys have been bad in coverage most of the year.

don't tell me you've been whining all week that we have no chance? if so what exactly makes you feel that way?

Its the Steelers. Big Ben. The D.

We're the Jets. Sanchez.

Just dont see it happening. Not this year. They are too good. Most of the team has won a SB, maybe 2. We have what, 3 players with SB experience, 1 not playing.

Just seems like to much vs the mighty Steelers. I believe in Rex...but just cant see it happening this season. Manning, Brady, brilliant game plans...just too much to do it again vs. Ben. That leads to asking to much of Sanchez and I just dont think he's there.

I hope I'm wrong.

Its true that with Polamalu and Miller the Steelers probably would have beat us in Week 15. But if we play like we did against New England, only divine intervention could prevent us from getting to the Super Bowl. And I happen to believe God is on our side this year.

Polamalu nor miller play specials. Polamslu would have bit hard on the bootleg. So I don't thin those guys change the game much in wk 15. This could be a different story this week who knows

They have an O-Line with serious questions. We should be able to attack it all day and disrupt both phases of their offense. I'm sorry if I'm not trembling in my little pink booties over their skill position players.

I haven't found that forum too bad (compared to Chargers, Pats, Fins forums at least). A few tools, sure, but hey, have you looked around this place? :)

Who cares...you should see the Steelers forum I'm posting on.

Every single one of their players is better than every single one of our players.

You should really wonder over there...amazing some of the stuff I'm reading. Its making me wonder why we are even playing this game.

Second most annoying fanbse to the Patriots. Those guys are a bunch of teen-aged deluded homers. I cant wait to kick their teeth in on Sunday;shut them up once and for all.

Second most annoying fanbse to the Patriots. Those guys are a bunch of teen-aged deluded homers. I cant wait to kick their teeth in on Sunday;shut them up once and for all.

What really pisses me off with them is they act like the most devoted fan base in the entire league, yet the minute that team hits a rough patch, they'll all probably go diving off the bandwagon. Their last real rough patch ended in the very early 70's and they've been to the playoffs on a very consistent basis since.

Archived