Clue Mafia - Game on!

Lily

11 players. I think it is time to know who Jetscode has investigated. Here is why:

I was offered a DEAL last night, and I accepted it.

I will have a voting restriction in this day phase, I can only vote once, and I am going to be told who to vote for through Lily. It is not clear if this deal was offered by a town player, scum or cult player. My reward for accepting the deal is a a random night action in the next night phase. If it is a kill or investigation, I do not want to waste it on someone that Jetscode has confirmed town investigations on.

If I did not accept the deal, I would have been modkilled.

The ONLY reason I am able to tell you about it, is because there was a stipulation that I could only admit to it if I was forced to role reveal - and since I did that already, Lily said I could come out of the gate in this day phase and tell you guys about it.

So, at some point I am going to have to place one vote - it will not be my choice.

See what I don't like about this is it's more drama which also cleverly gives you immunity from scrutiny. I don't see how this type of deal is beneficial to scum/3rd party especially given the fact you could talk about it right away. Only an idiot would offer it to you knowing you could undermine them right of the gates since you already revealed a role.

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think Doggin was killed because of his role, and nothing to do with me. In fact, as I said, I think it would've been beneficial to the scum to allow him to live and let us fight it out. But his role was very dangerous to the scum as someone who could potentially block kills by targeting scum or targeting their targets. He had to be eliminated for that reason alone. Doggin was obviously afraid that he was going to get NK'd, which is why he revealed in the first place to give us his information, but I definitely think that got him killed.

Scum is hoping me and the monkey go at it, probably, and I have no desire to go there today. He thought I was bullsh*tting, but I was 100% ready to put him on ignore if he voted me to start the day, and put my attention elsewhere. Don't have a clue (ba da bump!) what his deal is all about. I'll PAFO.

I like Brett for scum, and Barm for potential SK. The fact that BG and JVoR have lasted this long completely untested has me concerned, too. Had a neutral feeling on Pac. Don't understand why he'd put any credence in a post from Sharrow after he was outed as scum. Nothing there should be believed, IMHO. I've been playing a little off the wall from the start, and was not a good conversion candidate the first two days of this game. Outside of JC and the chimp, probably feel best about JF80 and Verbal. Can never get a read on Hess.

Really want JC's investigation info before we lynch anyone, but I'll cast my...

vote: Brett

Its time to put my cards on the table...

My investigation results as follows...with my thinking...

Night 1 investigation = Slats (I struggle to get a read on him...actually tried to get Lily to investigate him on night zero...never heard of a night zero before...plus the hunt the kitchen voters had me concerned)

Night 3 investigation = Pac (his play has has been off...maybe tired from previous game...just played very reserved...made me nervous cause he opportunitioes to attack and didn't)

Either way...both came back town...maybe one is GF...maybe neither...just putting it out there.

My gut at this point is telling my Verbal...maybe scum...maybe SK...mainly because he posted more often than usual even adding in some ghey jokes for flavor...usually has good analysis even with a low post count...this game it just made the ghey jokes stand out.

VOTE:

Verbal

Night 1 investigation = Slats (I struggle to get a read on him...actually tried to get Lily to investigate him on night zero...never heard of a night zero before...plus the hunt the kitchen voters had me concerned)

Night 3 investigation = Pac (his play has has been off...maybe tired from previous game...just played very reserved...made me nervous cause he opportunitioes to attack and didn't)

laugh.gif

There goes my unprecedented run of not getting NK'd as a townie...

I like the idea of being able to trust Pac a little bit.

See what I don't like about this is it's more drama which also cleverly gives you immunity from scrutiny. I don't see how this type of deal is beneficial to scum/3rd party especially given the fact you could talk about it right away. Only an idiot would offer it to you knowing you could undermine them right of the gates since you already revealed a role.

I don't know what to tell you Pac. Its possible the person that offered the deal did not know I could talk about it once I reached role reveal... so it basically amounts to a backfire on their decision.

Lily even cracked about it in the message to me, and I asked her to confirm that I could talk about it immediately because I thought the same thing.

One thing I've noticed is that neither Brett or Verbal have been on, and I don't have any instructions. I don't think the timing is coincidence.

Here is where we are at:

2. Slats (investigated N1, town)

3. Pac (investigated N3, town)

4. Brett

6. I28 (semi-confirmed town mob by JIF)

8. JVOR

10. Bleedin' Green

11. Hess

14. Jetsfan80

17. Jetscode (claiming town cop)

20. Verbal

22. Barmacral (claiming town mob)

I'm town, the exact same role as JiF in fact. And I opted to take the 50% chance risk of dying on a random night rather than risk firing at a townie. So if I die at night, its entirely possible that I killed myself.

And, while Slats or Pac would both be viable options I think, I agree with JVOR that Pac has been coasting through this game a lot. Verbal has too, actually, his first real content posts beyond a vote and family guy quotes being today.

But for now, since the cop came up with an innocent result, VOTE: PAC

And I am off to bed, I have nasty cold thats basically knocking me out.

Does your role have any extra juice? You know, the way I-28 has his semi-bulletproof thing?

I think Doggin was killed because of his role, and nothing to do with me. In fact, as I said, I think it would've been beneficial to the scum to allow him to live and let us fight it out. But his role was very dangerous to the scum as someone who could potentially block kills by targeting scum or targeting their targets. He had to be eliminated for that reason alone. Doggin was obviously afraid that he was going to get NK'd, which is why he revealed in the first place to give us his information, but I definitely think that got him killed.

Scum is hoping me and the monkey go at it, probably, and I have no desire to go there today. He thought I was bullsh*tting, but I was 100% ready to put him on ignore if he voted me to start the day, and put my attention elsewhere. Don't have a clue (ba da bump!) what his deal is all about. I'll PAFO.

I like Brett for scum, and Barm for potential SK. The fact that BG and JVoR have lasted this long completely untested has me concerned, too. Had a neutral feeling on Pac. Don't understand why he'd put any credence in a post from Sharrow after he was outed as scum. Nothing there should be believed, IMHO. I've been playing a little off the wall from the start, and was not a good conversion candidate the first two days of this game. Outside of JC and the chimp, probably feel best about JF80 and Verbal. Can never get a read on Hess.

Really want JC's investigation info before we lynch anyone, but I'll cast my...

vote: Brett

Nah, that show is over. I see no reason to go there right now... I've been playing your game and you have made me waffle on scum/town with you, but I said earlier in thread that I understood you might be trying to make yourself a bad NK / conversion candidate. It was exhausting, but hopefully effective and you are still town.

Vote count:

Pac (2) – JVoR, Barm

Brett (2) – Slats, Pac

JC (1) – Hess

Verbal (1) – JC

Slats (1) – Brett

Not voting: Verbal, BG, I28, JF80

With 11 alive you need 6 to lynch.

Deadline Wednesday 8PM MST/10PM EST

Does your role have any extra juice? You know, the way I-28 has his semi-bulletproof thing?

I wish, but no. UNVOTE

And does it really surprise you guys that an angry mob might have multiples of the same role?

And to address the people all thinking I'm scummy... your cases so far have been "he's inactive" and in Verbal's case "He's playing like me when I'm scum!" which has no particular bearing on me at all.

I'll wait to see what Jetscode comes up with before I cast another vote.

Well onto option 2 I guess. But for the record, following the Outted cop blindly when there is a cult is setting yourself up for disaster. He's easy pickings, and he could easily be yanking our chains. (See: CTM robbing us blind in EY's zombie game) I still don't buy Pac as town, honestly. His play is completely off, and while his excuse may be 100% genuine, I don't think the way he's played is a result of what he said. It's more than passive play with him, his reactions to things have been completely untownlike. Maybe he's godfather or something. If I'm wrong, i'm wrong.

Vote: Verbal

I still don't buy Pac as town, honestly. His play is completely off, and while his excuse may be 100% genuine, I don't think the way he's played is a result of what he said. It's more than passive play with him, his reactions to things have been completely untownlike. Maybe he's godfather or something. If I'm wrong, i'm wrong.

I don't care what you buy bub. This game has been an emo fest coupled with a battle of wits by the so called mafia intelligensia.

The people I'd normally attack were either having meltdowns or engaged in personal duels. I wasn't going to exacerbate the emo by making fun and I didn't feel like interrupting the mensa wars.

And yes my situation is 100% true but like you said it's not all that big a deal.. I just told the ex no thanks. Has just kind of weirded me out for a few days.

I don't care what you buy bub. This game has been an emo fest coupled with a battle of wits by the so called mafia intelligensia.

The people I'd normally attack were either having meltdowns or engaged in personal duels. I wasn't going to exacerbate the emo by making fun and I didn't feel like interrupting the mensa wars.

And yes my situation is 100% true but like you said it's not all that big a deal.. I just told the ex no thanks. Has just kind of weirded me out for a few days.

I think I broke Pac last game.... :P

The funny part is you still think you had something to do with what got me angry. Hate to put a dent in your ego but ya didn't. Everyone was ignoring you by that point ya boob!

It was a joke Pac - the funny thing is, you still feel the need to over-explain your emo.

Whoever only has "1 vote to use" should hold off for now. Looking at the list I would say my top 2 are Verb and brett (thinking that there are probably 3 scum remaining) so for now I'll

UNVOTE VOTE: brett

Seriously?

I've been correcting you on details an awful lot this game. I have one vote to use, but whoever made the deal to me gets to tell me thru Lily who to vote for... again, I've already explained this.

Seriously?

I've been correcting you on details an awful lot this game. I have one vote to use, but whoever made the deal to me gets to tell me thru Lily who to vote for... again, I've already explained this.

Ok. Well then it's not your vote. You're just going to submit when Lily tells you. Do you know the vote yet, who the person is? Same with 80 this sounds like i guess. Soooo we probably want all hands on deck so we can begin this cat and mouse bullsh*t.

Well there goes the top targets of the day. Of the remaining, the one who definitely sticks out to me most is brett. I28's points about timing are interesting, but it's more than just that. Brett just seems to be way too timid this time around. For a guy who thought he was the king of all mafia from his very first game in Star Wars and has been strutting around about it ever since, he seems to be just too shy. It's not even just the post frequency / lurking stuff others have mentioned, it's what's going on when he does post. It would be like I28 not FOSing the entire game 4 posts into the game, just very uncharacteristic. At the very least, I think it's a good direction to start putting some pressure and seeing what we can get out of him, and given our investigation results as good of bet for scum as I've got at this point.

Vote: Brett

@ DMers. How often do you guys play with no cop or doc in the game? Does this ever happen? Especially in Lily's mod games.

Not often - I don't remember a Lily game (or any game, really) in the last year or so without a Cop or Doc.

I'm town, the exact same role as JiF in fact. And I opted to take the 50% chance risk of dying on a random night rather than risk firing at a townie. So if I die at night, its entirely possible that I killed myself.

And, while Slats or Pac would both be viable options I think, I agree with JVOR that Pac has been coasting through this game a lot. Verbal has too, actually, his first real content posts beyond a vote and family guy quotes being today.

But for now, since the cop came up with an innocent result, VOTE: PAC

And I am off to bed, I have nasty cold thats basically knocking me out.

Horsesh*t. You've been skimming this game, eh? I've been tossing out quotes here and there since the beginning (more heavily early in D1). But I've also posted content, even on D1. If you missed that, then you aren't paying attention. If you want to case me, go for ir. But don't fire from the hip - it makes you look bad. And the 1st content post part is pretty rich - don't throw stones when you live in a glass house. ;-)

Not often - I don't remember a Lily game (or any game, really) in the last year or so without a Cop or Doc.

ok then I'm resigned to JC being the real cop and can push all that other hypothetical garbage out of my head. So we have slats town unless he was converted and Pac town unless he's GF.

Sorry for the triple post, but I wanted to answer stuff 1 at a time for clarity purposes.

I know its not always the best play to rely upon time/date stamps for things, but where it concerns players who are known for post 1-3 posts per day in a cluster, then I think there is legitimately something worth examining there.

I received the PM from Lily about my "deal" at 1:27 PM today... here is what was happening in thread around that time:

Lily asks for her final night actions at 1:18 PM:

Verbal drops a big ol' post at 1:25 PM:

Continues to post nonsense at 1:27 PM:

Then comes this gem from Brett at 1:42 PM - nothing about the game, just an excuse about why he appears in thread, but he claims not to be - notice since this, his name isn't at the bottom of the screen at all.... after being a fixture there.

Nothing scummy about the posts, except the timing. My guess is that one of these 2 guys was being waited on for that last night action, submitted it to Lily before 1:27 and then came into the thread a posted during the same window of time that Lily was PM'ing me.

I'm leaning towards Brett.

At the risk of sounding too defensive, I had a few posts yesterday morning as well, while we were in night phase. There was no night action pending from me. I can see that there are a few votes on me, and if necessary I'll reveal....just don't speed lynch or ninja hammer me before I get a chance to post. That's all I ask.

I still think Barm is scum (or SK). Either one is fine with me. Coasting, skimming, and then being a hypocrite.

Vote: Barm

Which begs the question, why did you take this deal exactly?

What I don't like about this most is it all comes down to timing and trying to "sneak" a vote in there. We are now talking about needing 3 people on the board at the same exact time (hidden player, lily, i28). And they're going back and fourth pm'ing each other? I just don't get that. And now from 80 it sounds like he's saying the same thing? Given that there are deadlines etc and it's hard enough to get a group conversation on the same page at the same time on the main board...this doesn't gel. Sounds almost as if he would have to have privledges to a seperate forum.

What I don't like about this most is it all comes down to timing and trying to "sneak" a vote in there. We are now talking about needing 3 people on the board at the same exact time (hidden player, lily, i28). And they're going back and fourth pm'ing each other? I just don't get that. And now from 80 it sounds like he's saying the same thing? Given that there are deadlines etc and it's hard enough to get a group conversation on the same page at the same time on the main board...this doesn't gel. Sounds almost as if he would have to have privledges to a seperate forum.

OK not saying monkey is part of the back stage pm'ing but still, what if he's busy? WHat are you supposed to just sit and wait around? What if Lily gives you the vote and you're offline for a few hours and miss the timing of when they wanted you to vote?

Which begs the question, why did you take this deal exactly?

If I didn't take the deal, I would have been modkilled. Look at the numbers, another townie death is not what we need right now.

Before I accepted the deal I made sure that according to the deal offer I could talk about the deal if I revealed, since I already revealed, I could talk about it as soon as the day started.

By taking the deal, I get a random night action. Seemed worth it to me.

Well there goes the top targets of the day. Of the remaining, the one who definitely sticks out to me most is brett. I28's points about timing are interesting, but it's more than just that. Brett just seems to be way too timid this time around. For a guy who thought he was the king of all mafia from his very first game in Star Wars and has been strutting around about it ever since, he seems to be just too shy. It's not even just the post frequency / lurking stuff others have mentioned, it's what's going on when he does post. It would be like I28 not FOSing the entire game 4 posts into the game, just very uncharacteristic. At the very least, I think it's a good direction to start putting some pressure and seeing what we can get out of him, and given our investigation results as good of bet for scum as I've got at this point.

Vote: Brett

These were also points I made... and I agree, he is usually a maverick and reminds us of it often.

Archived