Super Bowl Halftime Show

JoeWillie

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You would have preferred Boyz to Men or the BackStreet Boys?

I would have preferred game analysis, highlights of the 1st half and then them getting back to the game - rather than trotting out an extended carnival for Walmart shoppers.

The NFL has worked it's wy through music that appeals to us old Whiskey tango Mfers-the Who, Stones, U2,McCartney, Tom Petty, Sting. ALl that is left is Van Halen and Led Zeppelin.

Yup... and it has gone from bad to worse. They should just scrap the format in my opinion and stop trying to augment the game as it is normally with a bunch of diluted pop-cultural sh*t that is meant to appeal to the wives that cooked all the food for the SB parties across the mid-west.

Not to mention, Aguilera botched the National Anthem. Maybe no football in 2012 wouldn't be the worst thing in the world so we wouldn't have to be subjected to these abortions people call musicians next February.

She is from Pittsburgh.

That Joe Cocker imitation was a nice touch at the end.

Geez, next to Visa am I the only one impressed with the halftime show?

Classic and progressive rock with a side of folk and reggae is my normal listening, but I enjoyed the show. I don't know what Slash was doing up there either, but his stint would have been so much more enjoyable if his guitar was mixed up to hearable levels. But the dancers on stage and on the field as well as the overall presentation was great.

I liked it.

bunch of heads here and old farts. Maybe they should have Pink Floyd and we can sit and try to figure out what the message is they are trying to get across in the music they are playing! Give me a break! I'd just as soon watch the local high school or college band or just halftime analysis. You can never please everyone.

What connection does Slash have to those guys? I couldnt believe he was on stage with them. Fergie singing guns and roses sucked. Badly. It was like someone from American Idol trying and failing at "rock week".

She did a song with Slash on his solo album. The halftime show was terrible. The halftime show on Glee was way better. :)

Archived