Claytons Super Bowl favorites next year...

GangisGreen

The ONLY reason we don't get respect is because most people don't like our big mouths. I can definitely see where they're coming from, but the point is that we are a good, no great, football team who has been to 2 straight AFC Championship games with a 2-year QB. Don't make me post the Scott video....

It IS a weird trend here, with these odds. If Sanchez is 10% better than he's been and we add one decent pass rusher without losing BOTH Holmes and Edwards in free agency, the Jets are a top 5 team in the AFC.

and you might just be one chest shaven and tatooed embarrassed person by this time next year

It IS a weird trend here, with these odds. If Sanchez is 10% better than he's been and we add one decent pass rusher without losing BOTH Holmes and Edwards in free agency, the Jets are a top 5 team in the AFC.

That's a good assessment. And if Sanchez improves than 10%, the lesser impact of FA losses.

That said, Clayton's ranking should be expected. Brady/Belichick and Peyton are judged on 50% reputation and 50% production. The Pats were the softest 14-2 team in memory. Teams like that don't rebound from a playoff collapse.

And, of course, Clayton is wrong about Brady's problems. It didn't start against the Giants. It started the yr before when the Pats blew the biggest lead in championship game history, losing a 18 pt lead to the Colts in the 2006 AFCCG. He did not play well in the 1st 2 rounds of the 2007 playoffs against the Jags and Chargers and then could only muster 14 pt against the Giants. Brady repeated that ineptitude against the Ravens and Jets.

Brady and Peyton aren't getting better, just older. If there best isn't good enough in 2010-11 I don't understand how the media could think it would be good enough next year.

That's a good assessment. And if Sanchez improves than 10%, the lesser impact of FA losses.

That said, Clayton's ranking should be expected. Brady/Belichick and Peyton are judged on 50% reputation and 50% production. The Pats were the softest 14-2 team in memory. Teams like that don't rebound from a playoff collapse.

They rebounded pretty well from a much worse playoff collapse in the 2009 playoffs.

And, of course, Clayton is wrong about Brady's problems. It didn't start against the Giants. It started the yr before when the Pats blew the biggest lead in championship game history, losing a 18 pt lead to the Colts in the 2006 AFCCG. He did not play well in the 1st 2 rounds of the 2007 playoffs against the Jags and Chargers and then could only muster 14 pt against the Giants. Brady repeated that ineptitude against the Ravens and Jets.

Brady and Peyton aren't getting better, just older. If there best isn't good enough in 2010-11 I don't understand how the media could think it would be good enough next year.

I agree with the above, but I think more of it is on the Pats having a weak D. I think that they are the easy pick because they were the best regular season team and have a ton of draft picks. Their D was young, so there is reason to think their future will be bright. The problem is that they don't have the identity that they used to and I don't see them getting it back so easily.

Clayton is a tool douche.

Brady: Take a look at his post season record after their last Super Bowl win. Not very pretty is it ?

Colts: No issues here considering all the injuries they had last year.

Matty Ice for all the media love he gets has sh!t the bed his two post season games.

Flacco: Don't know what to make of him. Good some times. Awful others. Sounds alot like Sanchez.

Not for nothing but the Jets have a lot of questions to answer before they are considered a contender. The list of pending free agents is downright scary and if the players chase the money Gang Green could be screwed. Heading into the offseason you have to be concerned about the wide receiver position, the secondary and the defensive line.

Not for nothing but the Jets have a lot of questions to answer before they are considered a contender. The list of pending free agents is downright scary and if the players chase the money Gang Green could be screwed. Heading into the offseason you have to be concerned about the wide receiver position, the secondary and the defensive line.

Not really.....Ochocinco and T.O. both said they want to play here, and I think Santana Moss would take another shot with us. Yes, I'd rather have Braylon and Holmes back, but if not, it's not the end of the world. 85 and TO could produce just as much....

I guess it's going to be this way as long as Brady and Belichick are there

Yup, that or if Green Bay wins another Super Bowl or two in the next few years you'll see all these stiffs in the media drop The Patsies and go gaga over Rodgers and The Packers all of a sudden.

Unfortunately if The Jets win a a couple Super Bowls in the next few years (God Please) we'll start seeing all these douchy media twits jump on our bandwagon then. That's how those guys operate. It ALMOST would make a Jets fan root against The Jets just so we don't have these arseholes rooting for our team...ALMOST....Nah...I'll take a couple Super Bowls any day for The Jets and deal with the bandwagon jumpers that come with it. :D

And this is why none of this prediction sh*t is credible, you need to wait to see what happens in FA, and the draft to make a real judgement, and that is even to soon.

The Pats were the softest 14-2 team in memory. Teams like that don't rebound from a playoff collapse.

Really?

Based on what? The "Final Four" teams they beat?

The Patriots were far from softest 14-2 team ever.

You better hope the Jets' window did not close this year.

Really?

This probably was softest 14-2 in the history of NFL. Got gift wins vs Ravens and Chargers, played vs backup QBs Hill Brohm and Flynn.

The softies true colors shined brightless in playoffs, New Color in Crayola box Oneanddone

lol yea because a franchise qb going into his 3rd year, a secondary full of players in their 20s including the best defensive player in the league, and having one hell of a coach is a recipe for a window closing after 2 seasons....right.

You should be more worried about your window closing, with Tom probably retiring by the time Belichick refines the rest of the team.

lol yea because a franchise qb going into his 3rd year, a secondary full of players in their 20s including the best defensive player in the league, and having one hell of a coach is a recipe for a window closing after 2 seasons....right.

You should be more worried about your window closing, with Tom probably retiring by the time Belichick refines the rest of the team.

I do not disagree with any of your statements.

With 11 FAs, the future is not clear for the Jets. Yet.

Maybe when the CBA BS settles, the Jets will be fine. They have a great coach and a nice QB. They are not alone in that regard in the AFC nor the NFL.

The window stays open for a long time as long as Rex is here.

You better hope.

This probably was softest 14-2 in the history of NFL. Got gift wins vs Ravens and Chargers, played vs backup QBs Hill Brohm and Flynn.

The softies true colors shined brightless in playoffs, New Color in Crayola box Oneanddone

Do we really want split hairs over 'gift' wins? The Jets have been the greatest benefactor in gift wins the past two seasons.

I do not disagree with any of your statements.

With 11 FAs, the future is not clear for the Jets. Yet.

Maybe when the CBA BS settles, the Jets will be fine. They have a great coach and a nice QB. They are not alone in that regard in the AFC nor the NFL.

You better hope.

Do we really want split hairs over 'gift' wins? The Jets have been the greatest benefactor in gift wins the past two seasons.

LOL big difference between 14-2 and 11-5 and by the way the overrated Jets won 4 playoffs games the last 2 years, how many did pats win?

Really?

With the QB's performance in the divisional round and the WC game last year, you have to say it was a soft performance. Brady has played scared in his last two playoff games.

Archived