Giving up for lent?

Maxman

For those that partake, what are you giving up for lent? I don't want this to be a religious discussion let's just focus on making fun of each other for what we are giving up, lol.

Me? I am giving up every beverage other than water. And meat for all of lent.

Should be fun...:D

I gave up Catholicism for lent, ironically right around the time I was confirmed. It's made my springtimes easier ever since.

Although every year I still give up gefilte fish, just so I have a reasonable excuse not to eat it at the Passover Seders I generally find myself invited to. :)

For those that partake, what are you giving up for lent? I don't want this to be a religious discussion let's just focus on making fun of each other for what we are giving up, lol.

Jetsin$!der.com

Man meat or food? Could go either way with you.

Not sure what lent is and i do not want to know. But when you have to give stuff its essentially a self torture.

This kindda self torture happens in almost all religions.

So logically breaking it down (for almost all religions) it comes down to the fact that the imaginary/fantasy person in the sky (that you worship) that watches out for you and you are told loves you, actually loves you more than others if you indulge in some form of self-torture in his honor.

And it also helps in sealing your place to some good place (another fantasy called heaven) in after life while the others burn in fire. Which if you think about it is very selfish. I wonder how that is accepted in any religion ?

The contradictions of any religion and the fantasy associated with it get to a point where most rational people tune out.

Not sure what lent is and i do not want to know. But when you have to give stuff its essentially a self torture.

This kindda self torture happens in almost all religions.

So logically breaking it down (for almost all religions) it comes down to the fact that the imaginary/fantasy person in the sky (that you worship) that watches out for you and you are told loves you, actually loves you more than others if you indulge in some form of self-torture in his honor.

And it also helps in sealing your place to some good place (another fantasy called heaven) in after life while the others burn in fire. Which if you think about it is very selfish. I wonder how that is accepted in any religion ?

The contradictions of any religion and the fantasy associated with it get to a point where most rational people tune out.

Verde will save a seat for you in Hell.

I am doing this for health purposes to be honest -- Never have given much into it before and seemed like a good excuse if any. Not a very good Catholic I suppose -- to each their own.

Verde will save a seat for you in Hell.

I am doing this for health purposes to be honest -- Never have given much into it before and seemed like a good excuse if any. Not a very good Catholic I suppose -- to each their own.

If its for health purposes i would be all for it. Good luck.

I am not Catholic. But the religion i was born in is not different in its contradictions that any other.

I am sure Verde is great company.

Going by the conventional wisdom i think Hell is going to be a real fun place. You know all the p0rn stars are going there. So good action. All the rock stars are going to be there ( no prizes for guessing why) so good concerts. And most of the movie stars are going to be there. So good entertainment. Most supermodels and comedians too!

Man i need to commit a few more sins this weekend just to be 100% sure i go to Hell.

Not sure what lent is and i do not want to know.

If you were JetFanInNewYork you'd know. In NY, you're either Jewish, Catholic, or gave one of them up to be an Atheist. There is no middle ground.

If you were JetFanInNewYork you'd know. In NY, you're either Jewish, Catholic, or gave one of them up to be an Atheist. There is no middle ground.

Interesting take. :)

But now i am trying to think how i became a JETS fan to start with. :)

Clue: It might have to do something with living in NY for sometime.

If its for health purposes i would be all for it. Good luck.

I am not Catholic. But the religion i was born in is not different in its contradictions that any other.

I am sure Verde is great company.

Going by the conventional wisdom i think Hell is going to be a real fun place. You know all the p0rn stars are going there. So good action. All the rock stars are going to be there ( no prizes for guessing why) so good concerts. And most of the movie stars are going to be there. So good entertainment. Most supermodels and comedians too!

Man i need to commit a few more sins this weekend just to be 100% sure i go to Hell.

I have a feeling this is sarcasm. :(

I'm giving up eating street meat. Soda as well. Lent happens to coincide nicely with the push to drop the added winter weight.

The lack of street meat means that one $5 lunch will turn into a $10 salad.

I always thought that street meat meant something completely different.

And I'm giving up my diet for Lent.

Archived