anyone else see what Scottie Pippen said? UH OH

Blackout

Pippen hears every day of his life that he rode Jordan's coattails to those six rings, and it's true. He was the ultimate complementary player. Not to say that the Lebron-Jordan argument won't become valid in six-seven years, but to posit it now is ludicrous. Jordan's greatest asset was that he'd kill you for a loose ball in February. We've already seen Lebron basically give up on a playoff series last year. That alone sets James way back. Of course, Pippen can sympathize with a player who'd throw in the towel in a playoff game.

Pippen hears every day of his life that he rode Jordan's coattails to those six rings, and it's true. He was the ultimate complementary player. Not to say that the Lebron-Jordan argument won't become valid in six-seven years, but to posit it now is ludicrous. Jordan's greatest asset was that he'd kill you for a loose ball in February. We've already seen Lebron basically give up on a playoff series last year. That alone sets James way back. Of course, Pippen can sympathize with a player who'd throw in the towel in a playoff game.

The funny thing is Pippen had all those opportunities to do escape the shadow and never could. His first non Jordan year they couldnt even win the division and then he pouted in the playoffs. His second year they were essentially a 500 team until Jordan came back and led the team on a big run to close the year and get a decent seed in the playoffs. He had all those opportunities in Portland, which was arguably the most talented team (on paper) in the west. He was supposed to be the missing piece as the veteran leader and 6th man type atfer getting wiped out by the Spurs the year before. He essentially made no differrence. They got to the West Finals and blew it. I dont think they ever got out of the first round after that year.

I actually dont think Pippen goes into the HOF if there was no Michael Jordan. He would have been one of those guys that was the lead scorer on a team, but he never would have been a big winner or filled up the stat sheet the way he did with Jordan. It would have been more along the lines of players the caliber of a Kendall Gill or Hammer Gilliam simply being the best option on a medicore team and scoring points.

The funny thing is Pippen had all those opportunities to do escape the shadow and never could. His first non Jordan year they couldnt even win the division and then he pouted in the playoffs. His second year they were essentially a 500 team until Jordan came back and led the team on a big run to close the year and get a decent seed in the playoffs. He had all those opportunities in Portland, which was arguably the most talented team (on paper) in the edwest. He was supposed to be the missing piece as the veteran leader and 6th man type atfer getting wiped out by the Spurs the year before. He essentially made no differrence. They got to the West Finals and blew it. I dont think they ever got out of the first round after that year.

I actually dont think Pippen goes into the HOF if there was no Michael Jordan. He would have been one of those guys that was the lead scorer on a team, but he never would have been a big winner or filled up the stat sheet the way he did with Jordan. It would have been more along the lines of players the caliber of a Kendall Gill or Hammer Gilliam simply being the best option on a medicore team and scoring points.

His disastrous stint with the Rockets where Barkley basically put a hit out on him was the Death Knell. The Trailblazers years were purgatorial. I just read he lost over $120 mil in bad investments and had to play in Sweden for $60k a few years back. Pretty sad. Hard to take him seriously now.

His disastrous stint with the Rockets where Barkley basically put a hit out on him was the Death Knell. The Trailblazers years were purgatorial. I just read he lost over $120 mil in bad investments and had to play in Sweden for $60k a few years back. Pretty sad. Hard to take him seriously now.

I never knew that. It amazes me the poor financial decisions so many athletes make. I guess if I was in their shoes maybe I would do the same as Ive made some dumb decisions when I was younger though on a much much much smaller scale. I remember that one stat that one agent made about how the majority of NFL players are basically broke within a few years of leaving the NFL. Its really too bad. The NFLPA has attempted to put system in place to ensure solid financial advisors for the players, but when I actually read the criteria for it I didnt think there was really much too it. At lesat its an attempt. Im not sure if the NBA union does anything like that. Every locker room should have pictures of guys like Antoine Walker and Latrell Sprewell up for all to see and hopefully learn a lesson about poor financial decisions.

The funny thing is Pippen had all those opportunities to do escape the shadow and never could. His first non Jordan year they couldnt even win the division and then he pouted in the playoffs. His second year they were essentially a 500 team until Jordan came back and led the team on a big run to close the year and get a decent seed in the playoffs. best option on a medicore team and scoring points.

He was pissed because Jackson ran a play for Kukoc rather than him. Fair complaint if you ask me. And don't forget he also finished 3rd in MVP voting that one season. Really don't think it's fair to knock him for not winning the division considering how good the league was then. For a good stretch there was a bit of a consensus that Pippen was actually a better rounded player.

"He followed that up with some more passive aggressive horsesh*t." - Norm MacDonald

May 27th 1:43pm by David Breitman

Scottie Pippen Passive Aggressively Bites The Hand That Fed Him

Immediately after watching the Chicago Bulls flush a commanding fourth quarter lead down the toilet in their deciding game against the Miami Heat, Scottie Pippen hit the airwaves to kick the fans while they were down. (Because appearing on The Real Housewives of Miami didn’t completely rid him of local support.)

“Michael Jordan is probably the greatest scorer to ever play the game. I may go so far as saying LeBron James may be the greatest player to ever play the game,” he said with a straight, slightly disfigured face.

Really? Were you paying attention during those Bulls championships? Even though nobody remembers, I’m pretty sure you were there. Perhaps you should go back and watch the game film. Or maybe hold out both hands, count to six and then ask LeBron how many championships he helped Luc Longley win. (Spoiler Alert: It’s very few.)

Jim Shaw/Getty Images

Norm

LOL, anyone hear Lebron in the press conference? In response to being asked; does it bother you that this many people are happy that you failed?

'No, because they have to go back to living their lives and back to the real world tomorrow.'

What a tool.

He's the biggest POS in sports IMO. There isnt one person I hate more.

Does he even realize that he just lost in the NBA Finals...again?

I hope the worst for this guy, I honestly do.

• 2 weeks later...

LOL, anyone hear Lebron in the press conference? In response to being asked; does it bother you that this many people are happy that you failed?

'No, because they have to go back to living their lives and back to the real world tomorrow.'

What a tool.

Claiming that he said that 'in response to' that one question is sort of disingenuous, no? I mean, how long do you honestly expect the guy to just sit there and field variations of 'don't you agree that the fact that the Heat didn't win a championship in your first year basically makes you the single biggest piece of sh*t in the history of the universe?'

Claiming that he said that 'in response to' that one question is sort of disingenuous, no? I mean, how long do you honestly expect the guy to just sit there and field variations of 'don't you agree that the fact that the Heat didn't win a championship in your first year basically makes you the single biggest piece of sh*t in the history of the universe?'

Absolutely. Really don't think that's too hard to do when you're clearing 40 mill a year. Call me a piece of sh*t all you want with half a bill in the bank brah. I'll still be sitting there with a big a$$ smile on my face while your kid's at home rocking my kicks.

It wasn't a yes or no question. Anyway, draft. Faried at 17, buy a late first for Darius Morris and a second for the center from Maryland?

If Faried looked better as an on-ball defender, I could maybe get behind him, but given his complete lack of offensive skill and the level of competition he played against, I'll pass. I'd like him a lot better if he had Biyombo's size.

Assuming someone else doesn't drop, I 'd sooner go Vucevic, Burks, Brooks, or Shumpert.

It wasn't a yes or no question. Anyway, draft. Faried at 17, buy a late first for Darius Morris and a second for the center from Maryland?

Faried's perplexing. I suppose he'd be a solid guy to have when we have to play small, but I'm actually big on Shumpert. Markieff Morris would be a great fit too IMO with his ability to run the P&R, but a guy who'd be nothing but strictly a backup can't be the goal. Don't have that luxury unfortunately. The problem is I just don't agree with drafting frontcourt players who are lacking in size going into this particular draft, might as well take the BPA at that spot which is likely going to be one of several guards, which we're in desperate need of anyways.

I like Williams a lot as well in the 2nd. Kid lost a ton of weight to prove the naysayers wrong. For a while I thought he was another Eddie Curry in the making.

If Faried looked better as an on-ball defender, I could maybe get behind him, but given his complete lack of offensive skill and the level of competition he played against, I'll pass. I'd like him a lot better if he had Biyombo's size.

If Faried had Biyombo's size he'd be the first pick of the draft. I don't see why it'd be any easier to see that none of that other stuff matters if he were 6'9" instead of 6'6".

I'd sooner drink pee. Markieff?

As RJF stated, I'm not in love with the idea of drafting a frontcourt player with marginal size when the backcourt situation is a major need. Either take a guard or go big with Vucevic or Motiejunas (hoping that he tanked his workout on purpose) and buy a late 1st to bolster the backcourt.

I know you love Landry, but while neither is a great shooter, at least Burks has the ability to become a quality defender and Shumpert is a athletic freak who is the best defensive guard in the draft.

If Faried had Biyombo's size he'd be the first pick of the draft. I don't see why it'd be any easier to see that none of that other stuff matters if he were 6'9" instead of 6'6".

Aside from having been able to watch him on national TV, what makes Faried's skillset in Biyombo's body better than Biyombo himself?

People who say it proves his tone-deafness are more right than they know. If he wanted to lash out, the G3 presser was the place to do it because Doyel's question was so transparently inflammatory. Instead he gives Doyel the classy answer and saves the Judge Smails routine until after we ignorant commoners have a justifiable reason to point and laugh.

I know you love Landry, but while neither is a great shooter, at least Burks has the ability to become a quality defender and Shumpert is a athletic freak who is the best defensive guard in the draft.

Not to mention that if the Douglas for Flynn trade happens, (which we won't know until after Minny picks), the latter becomes even that much more appealing.

People who say it proves his tone-deafness are more right than they know. If he wanted to lash out, the G3 presser was the place to do it because Doyel's question was so transparently inflammatory. Instead he gives Doyel the classy answer and saves the Judge Smails routine until after we ignorant commoners have a justifiable reason to point and laugh.

You know you should really come and play ball with D-Wade and I sometime, I mean, my talents should have been MVP for 3 years running, and he's no slouch himself.

Biyombo is way more explosive than Faried. Hes also more broad and has the ridiculous wingspan of like 7'8". Teams fell in love with him when he just blocked all the top high schoolers every time they came near him. I think teams are basically hoping they have found a rawer version of Serge Ibaka who has come to prominence with the shot blocking and fast jump. Most guys in his position probably fail, but in the NBA they will always take a chance on a guy like this.

Wow Im shocked that they went there. I guess they want a perimeter defender who can probably get out and dunk on the break. Cant see him doing well offensively in the NBA. Hes a pretty terrible shooter without the confidence in his ballhandling needed to use his athleticism to drive to the hoop.

Archived