Some tweets from The Hanger

flgreen

• Replies 887
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tanny is an accountant by trade. he is a cap guru to be able to get the players he does year after year.

Tanny was the cap guy when Parcells was here...that did not keep us from shedding players for three years after he left.

Cap hell doesnt seem to exist.

And even if it did- were still winning games and it isnt our money.

SBJLizMullen Liz Mullen

NFLPA just sent memo to agents: The $120.4M salary cap per club is a “soft cap.” Settlement allows #NFL clubs to exceed cap in cash spent.

As the Redskins prove annually, the Cap is a fluid, fluid thing. With good management, you never have to reach "Cap Hell".

And say what you will about tanny, he qualifies s "good management" when it comes to the Cap.

If these moves push us over the top, and wins us a title, Cap Hell (should it come) is completely worth it.

All that matters is titles.

Agreed, but things can happen and the 'all-in-for-one-year' thing is risky. It looks like we're built around a great core for the next 3-4 years, but are we going to have to replace guys like Pace and Keller with UDFA at vet minimum salaries? I guess it depends on how much the cap escalates versus the player salaries on our roster.

SBJLizMullen Liz Mullen

NFLPA just sent memo to agents: The $120.4M salary cap per club is a “soft cap.” Settlement allows #NFL clubs to exceed cap in cash spent.

I think they can borrow 3 million from future years

RichCimini Rich Cimini

Some risk involved. 1 strike from 1-yr suspension RT@AdamSchefter Holmes early numbers: 5 yrs, $50 million, incl $24 mil gtd. #Jets

If they didn't put some kind of clause in case of this... I like Tanny a lot less.

AlbertBreer Albert Breer

I'll join the calvary too in saying that Jets/Asomugha mutual interest is very real, and building. Jets cap guy Ari Nissim must be busy

AlbertBreer Albert Breer

Another thing -- Asomugha is NOT solely motivated by $$. In fact, the reason his price got to $15m/yr had its reasons, exclusive to Oakland.

RichCimini Rich Cimini

Some risk involved. 1 strike from 1-yr suspension RT@AdamSchefter Holmes early numbers: 5 yrs, $50 million, incl $24 mil gtd. #Jets

wow.10m per and holmes left money on the table? thats alot of coin

NYPost_Hubbuch Bart Hubbuch

I know folks are excited about getting Aosumgha, but the #Jets might very well be setting up another Revis holdout in the process.

1 minute ago

While we are making up stories out of thin air...

2010 being a prime example. MT @JPPelzman: You pretty much can pencil in Greg McElroy as No. 3. Jets don't like to cut draft choices.

1 minute ago

Wow holey assumptions batman, he must have a crystal ball or just be a Jets hater

I know folks are excited about getting Aosumgha, but the #Jets might very well be setting up another Revis holdout in the process.

1 minute ago

The Jets would have to create a contract for Aso that had Revis making more than him in every year. The holdout problem might happen if Aso signs with the '9ers for more.

1 minute ago

Horrid reporting by any of the morons saying this. Guy has an $18 million option bonus due, there is 0% chance he holds out this year. Any potential hold out after this year won't make a difference if Asomugha's big contract comes from the Jets or from another team.

if tanny can sign nnamdi for under what revis makes, that would accomplish many things

if nnamdi signs eleswhere for more than revis makes,that will not sit well for revis

god forbid revis gets injured,you have a backup plan with nnamdi

why would revis hold out if he is still the top paid guy?

maybe some of nnamdi will rub off on revis if he signs for less.i dont know

Archived