Some tweets from The Hanger

flgreen

BobGlauber Bob Glauber

RT @RapSheet: Some asked about a rumor of #Patriots potential interest in ex-Jets WR/KR Brad Smith. Asked this morning. Answer? "None."

2 minutes ago

Honestly, that makes perfect sense if you think about it. The guy has shown next to nothing as a WR, and the Jets have zero reason to have any interest in having him to run a gimmick offense for them. Say what you want about the guy, but the Patriots would have to be complete morons to pull Brady off the field for Smith. So what would they want him for, as a KR? Not for the money he'll probably end up getting.

• Replies 887
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I also think that the Jets are looking to add more than just 1 CB. Today they've been linked to Phillip Buchanon already. In my opinion, they are shopping for a minimum of 2 CBs, as they should be. One to start opposite of Revis, and another because we've got NO depth at the position right now.

Revis, Cro/Aso, Florence, Wilson + depth. In other words, if Drew Coleman is coming back, its not as our 3rd best corner. Which is a good think IMO.

Don't see Aso or Cro here, unless one of them is coming extremely cheap.

Looks to me like the Jets are looking at a number of #2/#3 type CB's, and hope to bring in a couple players better than Drew Coleman in the under $4M range. Wilson battles the newcomers for the #2 position, the rest is nickels and dimes.

NFAuthority NFAuthority

Per reports, #Buccaneers may be out of the running for CB Asomugha now. #Jets appear to be front-runners.

2 minutes ago

Stop teasing me at this point....JUST MAKE IT HAPPEN TANNY!!!!

Any talks about Randy Moss yet? And I dont want any answers other than going, "NY Jets are talking to Randy Moss"

NFAuthority NFAuthority

Per reports, #Buccaneers may be out of the running for CB Asomugha now. #Jets appear to be front-runners.

2 minutes ago

It's funny the Bucs were never interested, they were only linked because media people who don't actually have sources looked at salary cap available and just assumed they would be intrested.

To be honest the 4 teams with actual intrest CAN'T break the bank for him Ravens Jets Boys and Texans they all have cap space problems or a lot if people to sign. If he wants to break the bank he is gonna have to go to another loser or a team at least 2 years away IMO.

wischusen_espn Bob Wischusen

I agree-would take major restructuring of other guys i bet RT @mcohen2 does it make sense for the Jets to spend 20% of their cap on 2 cb's?

2 minutes ago

No it does not. It's absolutely asinine.

nfldraftupdate Dion Caputi

WR Santonio Holmes agrees on a 5-year deal to re-sign with #Jets. QB Mark Sanchez restructured deal in order to ensure the money was there.

1 minute ago

Are we heading for another round of cap-hell in about 2-3 years?

I see you also remember the cap situation of the Jets after Parcells left. The Jets could not buy a baloney sandwich. But if we were to get a Superbowl this year, would you care about the cap hell down the road......

I don't think I would.

As the Redskins prove annually, the Cap is a fluid, fluid thing. With good management, you never have to reach "Cap Hell".

And say what you will about tanny, he qualifies s "good management" when it comes to the Cap.

If these moves push us over the top, and wins us a title, Cap Hell (should it come) is completely worth it.

All that matters is titles.

Archived