Kellen Clemens To Redskins

SoFlaJets

hahahahaah man I love hating on the redskins, what an odd little signing. Like Kellen but I think you know what you are getting with him.

Beck, Rex and Kellen all could potentially start a game or three this year for those losers.

edit - omg I love rotoworld

Redskins agreed to terms with QB Kellen Clemens on a one-year contract.

We couldn't feel sorrier for Redskins fans. It's a good bet that coach Mike Shanahan loved all three of Clemens, John Beck, and Rex Grossman coming out of college. Since entering the NFL, though, the three QBs have been turnover machines with no semblance of a feel for the pass rush. Clemens figures to be a third-stringer, which is exactly what we would have said about Beck or Grossman before they landed in Washington.

ahhahahaha

Good for Clemens.

He should get a chance to compete for the #1 vs. Beck and (if resigned) Grossman.

And if he cannot beat out those two, he should realize being a #1 QB is simply beyond him in the NFL, and work on being a great #2 or #3 (or retire, of course).

Redskins add Kellen Clemens

Posted by Michael David Smith on July 27, 2011, 11:43 AM EDT

The Washington Redskins have made a move with a quarterback. Just not the big one they’re attempting to make today.

Adam Schefter of ESPN reports that the Redskins have reached an agreement with quarterback Kellen Clemens on a one-year deal.

Clemens was a 2006 second-round draft pick of the Jets and has spent his entire career with the team. According to Schefter, John Beck is still projected as the Redskins’ starter, and Clemens will compete for the No. 2 spot.

It’s not clear what the signing of Clemens means for Rex Grossman, whom Beck recently said was definitely returning to the Redskins.

Good luck to him! :cheers:

I'm glad he landed somewhere. While he never seized the moment here, I still think he got dicked around by the Jets, too.

Yeah, despite only making wisecracks about Beck and Grossman, I feel the same way.

I don't know about 50, but Beck's friggin' old, I'll tell you that.

They were talking about whether he was too old during his rookie year, and that was some years ago.

But Steve Young was considered a washed up veteran when the 49ers got him, and look how he developed. When he was still with Tampa Bay, our local broadcaster played a clip of him making a nice run, and said something like, "Steve Young uses his legs to get a key first down, which is what he does better than anything else". Ouch.

See, I think it takes Mormon QB's more time to develop because it takes them a long time to learn the playbook. They're not allowed coffee or tea, so they can't stay awake during those interminable team meetings where the coach goes over the plays. So it takes a few years for them to get the plays down, but once they do, boy are they ever GOOD. :rolleyes:

Say what you want but I think Kellen is every bit as good as Beck or Grossman. Those two guys are jokes in their own right. Once Shanahan sees Kellen's arm strength he may get the nod after Beck fuks up early on. And I hope he does well, I always liked Kellen he's a classy kid.

Archived