Forget the Jets front Office

TNJet

This releasing of Cotchery is the last straw for me. I've been holding this in for about a week now. Why are they downgrading a superbowl team? Why are they ruining our WR options? Cothcery out But Mason in? that mofo is 40 yrs old. We traded in 3 wr's in their 20s,in their prime, all above average I might add, for a 34 yr old Plax that hasnt played in 2 yrs, and sign Mason who I didnt even know still played thats how old that mofo is...and Brad Smith, dont even get me started on how good this guy was. Well great I now wonder if we can get back to the AFC chapionship with these bunch of over the hill posers. It doesnt even seem like the team I loved last season. If Ellis leaves phuck everyone in charge of our team theyre dumbasses. :angry:

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This releasing of Cotchery is the last straw for me. I've been holding this in for about a week now. Why are they downgrading a superbowl team? Why are they ruining our WR options? Cothcery out But Mason in? that mofo is 40 yrs old. We traded in 3 wr's in their 20s,in their prime, all above average I might add, for a 34 yr old Plax that hasnt played in 2 yrs, and sign Mason who I didnt even know still played thats how old that mofo is...and Brad Smith, dont even get me started on how good this guy was. Well great I now wonder if we can get back to the AFC chapionship with these bunch of over the hill posers. It doesnt even seem like the team I loved last season. If Ellis leaves phuck everyone in charge of our team theyre dumbasses. :angry:

Cotchery was coming off a mediocre season, surgery, is on the PUP AND asked to be traded/released. Brad Smith got paid way more than he was worth and Braylon is a ticking timebomb.

... and this is why fans don't run the team, if it were up to the fans we'd have Matt Leinart, Taylor Mays and Bill Cowher, and we'd be paying veteran players through the nose because the fans like them a lot, even though their skillsets are diminished...

Right, just like Asomugha right? Keep dreaming Rex is actually fuking this team up letting our core offensive players leave.

Brick, Mangold, Moore, Sanchez, Conner, Keller, Holmes... He is having a fire sale... everybody must go. He is destroying this team!

Mason started and caught 7 TDs for a 12-4 team in the AFC. Your not knowing he was still playing is more a reflection of the spectator than the player.

:face:

... and this is why fans don't run the team, if it were up to the fans we'd have Matt Leinart, Taylor Mays and Bill Cowher, and we'd be paying veteran players through the nose because the fans like them a lot, even though their skillsets are diminished...

True.

Might want to consider that the front office, what ever their failings, has had some success since they dumped Mangini.

This is a sport with a hard slary cap. There are no old timers days and no one gets paid a dime unless they can contribute. That's harsh, but it's reailty. And the players know it as well as anyone, form the day they're drafted or signed until the day they hang'em up. Argualy the 2 worst cap decisions this franchise has made were extending Curtis Martin and Wayne Chrebet(possibly the 2 most popular players in that span) at the end of their careers. Neither move worked out.

Have a little faith... 1st of all apparently Cotch wanted out... 2nd of all we dont know what Tanny has up his sleeve at any given minute. Who saw the Holmes trade coming last year? Or the Edwards trade a few years ago? or the Cro trade? He may not be done quite yet.

Now, the defense is the same, but younger... the offense still has its OL, RBs QB, and #1WR intact and signed for the future. My guess is they're hoping that either Turner or Kerley can turn into solid players and contributers in the next year or so...and that Tanny has no problem signing a stopgap type player at the #2/3 WR spots every year if he has to. Its clearly not a position (outside of the #1 guy) that he feels the need to put a lot of money into. If Sanchez continues to improve, the offense will be fine. The defense still has Revis, Cro, and Wilson at CB, solid depth now at the DL after the draft and a crew of LBs that are all good in coverage and great against the run. They, too, will be, once again, a team to be wreckoned with.

Oh, and we still have a stud at the most important of all these positions... Rex Ryan at HC.

Relax, we'll be fine. Even without Braylon Edwards and Jerricho Cotchery.

I'm lost here. You guys understand that we literally have NO WR corps next year??? No one is under contract but Santonio.

So it will be Santonio ??? ??? ??? Jeremy whatever the hell his name is, Patrick Turner and Scotty McKnight in 2012. LOL! We are really setting Mark up to fail here.

I'm lost here. You guys understand that we literally have NO WR corps next year??? No one is under contract but Santonio.

So it will be Santonio ??? ??? ??? Jeremy whatever the hell his name is, Patrick Turner and Scotty McKnight in 2012. LOL! We are really setting Mark up to fail here.

But wait didnt you hear, we are siging the 37yr old savior he goes by the name Derrick Mason.

But wait didnt you hear, we are siging the 37yr old savior he goes by the name Derrick Mason.

Yeah but even if Derrick Mason makes it through the year... still won't have anyone next year. No way we sign him for 2 years.

So again, we have Santonio and a bunch of nobodies.

Im sure there will be a veteran, stop-gap type FA towards the end of his career that will be willing to sign a 1 yr deal next offseason. If I were to guess, Id say Tanne would prefer to do that while the younger guys develop then lock up big money in the 2/3 spots at WR.

There are two things called the draft and free agency. I suggest you google them.

So we should forget about this year, and start worrying about next year now?

Really?

There are two things called the draft and free agency. I suggest you google them.

Klecko, at some point you have to stop playing musical chairs with wide receivers. How is Mark ever supposed to get on the same page with his receivers when they change EVER YEAR?

It's not like we even have any young guys to develop and eventually step up.. no. We just have Jeremy Kerley, Patrick Turner and Scotty McKnight. None of those guys will ever start in the NFL.

Klecko, at some point you have to stop playing musical chairs with wide receivers. How is Mark ever supposed to get on the same page with his receivers when they change EVER YEAR?

It's not like we even have any young guys to develop and eventually step up.. no. We just have Jeremy Kerley, Patrick Turner and Scotty McKnight. None of those guys will ever start in the NFL.

Wait you forgot David Clowney and Chansi Stuckey... :rolleyes:

None of those guys will ever start? And you know this how?

WR is not a very difficult position to learn. The reality is you are not going to keep 4 guys (QB, and 3WR's) together for a long period of time if they have any sort of success together. I like how Tanne is doing this. You lock up youre QB and #1 reciever, draft/signd UDFA a bunch of development project types, and get stop-gap guys to fill in in the interim.

Cotchery was coming off a mediocre season, surgery, is on the PUP AND asked to be traded/released. Brad Smith got paid way more than he was worth and Braylon is a ticking timebomb.

Succinct and accurate.

Im sure there will be a veteran, stop-gap type FA towards the end of his career that will be willing to sign a 1 yr deal next offseason. If I were to guess, Id say Tanne would prefer to do that while the younger guys develop then lock up big money in the 2/3 spots at WR.

Clearly the WR position doesn't merit the consideration of ILB here at the NY Jets. :lol:

It's definitely curious to me the way Rex loves CB's yet doesn't seem to have nearly the same respect for the players CB's are paid to stop.

I'll be shocked if the Jets spend a 1st or 2nd round pick on a WR next year, too. Just not their way. I'm sure they'll be looking at other short term solutions when the time comes. Hopefully Kerley steps up. Initial reports about Courtney Smith have been positive, too.

cotchery stinks

good teams let older vets go before they shrivel up and kill your cap. jets fans are used to the jets signing faneca away from the steelers, well I'm happy we are letting ellis go, and t-rich, and woody for a change. the edwards thing is a risk/reward question, that diva is just trouble he has great talent, the jets just didn't like the risk.

the jets were over the cap, and now they are under, and in prime position to pounce on tomorrow's cuts/trades

lets not judge the painting until it's done

We were in the win now mode...now what are we doing? Rebuilding on offense? Theres no way we have a better offense now than we did last season no way. And I'm not buying this Jericho wanted out bull...why? cos he doesnt want to be part of a so called superbowl run? Riiight, nice way to sugar coat your a$$ reamings Rex. Just say you only care about the defense and we'll believe that atleast. <_<

We were in the win now mode...now what are we doing? Rebuilding on offense? Theres no way we have a better offense now than we did last season no way. And I'm not buying this Jericho wanted out bull...why? cos he doesnt want to be part of a so called superbowl run? Riiight, nice way to sugar coat your a$$ reamings Rex. Just say you only care about the defense and we'll believe that atleast. dry.gif

give it until saturday night. this thread may come back to bite you in the a$$

None of those guys will ever start? And you know this how?

WR is not a very difficult position to learn. The reality is you are not going to keep 4 guys (QB, and 3WR's) together for a long period of time if they have any sort of success together. I like how Tanne is doing this. You lock up youre QB and #1 reciever, draft/signd UDFA a bunch of development project types, and get stop-gap guys to fill in in the interim.

Holmes is not a #1. Has the guy ever even gotten over the 1,000 yard mark? I can hardly recall a more hyped up receiver. The guy fleeced us. His $$$ = Braylon, Burress and Mason COMBINED. Not to mention, he is one screw up away from a year long suspension! What a boneheaded move. I guess that discussion is for another day though.

Point is, even if we were to release Cotch, we could still have signed both Holmes and BE to give Sanchez some continuity and then draft a WR in round 1 next year to groom.

Now let's be honest, Sanchez is going to have problems and everyone will blame them on him, but it won't be because of him that we are failing but because they like to swap his weapons in and out EVERY SINGLE FREAKIN YEAR. Seriously, 3 years with the same receivers and he would be a different kind of player. Now, good luck.

Dear Visa and All Other Edwards Supporters - NEWSFLASH: Braylon Edwards will once again spend at least FOUR games on the sidelines this season for his off the field offenses!!! Can we possibly manage to find a WR that might be adequate for the 4 games that he won't be in uniform and beyond??? Me thinks Tanny and Co. know WTF is up.

Archived