Better group of receivers: Pats or Jets?

T0mShane

Holmes, Plaxico, Mason, Keller

Vs.

Ochocinco, Welker, Deion Branch, Gronkowski/Hernandez?

Pretty close, and Brady being 150x Sanchez is going to skew the numbers this year, but who has the better group going into the season?

Being that you gave the Pats an extra TE, how about we throw in All World Rookie Jeremy Kerley on our side?

I think Holmes is easily, far and away, the best of the bunch. I like our old guys better than their old guys. Plaxico > Ocho, Mason > Branch. I think the TE's are all roughly on the same level. Objectively as I can be, I give it to the Jets.

But like you said, the QB is the real difference here. Rex is talking about Holmes/Plax/Mason as three starters. I think the pressure is on Sanchez to completely break thru this season. Imagine the Jets' first 4000 yard passer since the Jets had the first ever 4000 yard passer in Joe Namath back in '67. I think it can happen. Not a lot of passes should be going over Plaxico's outstretched hands.

pats take the edge with the slot and tight ends.those 3 are beasts. their 1 and 2 vers the jets 1 and 2 aint even close.i would say it is close to even.brady is better than sanchez but the jets d is better than the pats d. its a wash

Pats have the edge. Three proven commodities, two of which have more than 1 year total of experience with the QB (god forbid, right?) and the TE's really throw them over the top... Plus you also ignore Brandon Tate. Sorry, this isn't even a contest... Pats all the way here.

I have no idea what I am getting out of Ocho and you all have no idea what you are getting out of Plax....so throw those two out. Holmes is better than anyone the Pats have. Pats have Branch and Welker - who know their system better than Mason knows the Jets'. Call it a wash.

TE's? Not sure. I like my tandem better than the Jets situation at that position - lets leave it at that. I do, however, suggest that you fantasy football geeks give some thought to picking up Gronkowski for your TE position. I have a feeling he will be a Red zone TD machine.

I have no idea what I am getting out of Ocho and you all have no idea what you are getting out of Plax....so throw those two out. Holmes is better than anyone the Pats have. Pats have Branch and Welker - who know their system better than Mason knows the Jets'. Call it a wash.

TE's? Not sure. I like my tandem better than the Jets situation at that position - lets leave it at that. I do, however, suggest that you fantasy football geeks give some thought to picking up Gronkowski for your TE position. I have a feeling he will be a Red zone TD machine.

LOL Garb come on stop being modest. Jets have the RB advantage, but Pats WR/TE are much better and not just because your QB is infinitely superior, though that doesn't hurt.

The question should be are our WR corps as good as it could have been ?

What would bet better : Holmes, Plax, Mason, Kerley OR

Holmes, Braylon, Plax, Cotch ?

Honestly, the first option is better because you've got two guys there who can be effective inside. Really don't even have one with the second option.

The question should be are our WR corps as good as it could have been ?

What would bet better : Holmes, Plax, Mason, Kerley OR

Holmes, Braylon, Plax, Cotch ?

This is absolutely absurd. Cotch didn't want to be the Jets #3, what the hell makes you think he'd have any interest in being the #4? Not only that, if the Jets signed Braylon, they don't sign Plax. Oh, and your second WR lineup also needs to decide what other signed players are not going to be on this teams roster, since you're talking about a whooole lot more money for the WR corps.

You know what, I think the Jets WR Corps would've been better if the traded for Calvin Johnson, Andre Johnson and Larry Fitzgerald. Why didn't they do that?

Holmes, Plaxico, Mason, Keller

Vs.

Ochocinco, Welker, Deion Branch, Gronkowski/Hernandez?

Pretty close, and Brady being 150x Sanchez is going to skew the numbers this year, but who has the better group going into the season?

Really depends on plaxico... Our #1 is obviously better, they have less question marks. They are also a ton better at TE...

But as others have said, there's no way to judge this arguement cause the Pats have a ton more at QB

I think both NE's TE's are significantly better than Keller. That makes a pretty big difference in this equation. However, if we assume all players perform to their maximum capabilities, then the Jets win this easily. Holmes, Plax, and Mason at their best are scary good.

As always, time will tell.

Pats TEs are better than Keller, by a lot.

Welker is better than Mason, especially with Ocho taking attention away from him. I know Jets fans diminish Welker, but he's basically the super-charged Chrebet.

Ocho=Plaxico: two older dudes who may or may not suck at this point.

Holmes is better than Branch, by a lot.

Pats TEs are better than Keller, by a lot.

Welker is better than Mason, especially with Ocho taking attention away from him. I know Jets fans diminish Welker, but he's basically the super-charged Chrebet.

Ocho=Plaxico: two older dudes who may or may not suck at this point.

Holmes is better than Branch, by a lot.

The Pats are going to score points and win games this year. They enter the season as odds-on favorites to win the division again. There's nothing the Jets can do about what the Pats do to the rest of the league.

But when the Pats line up against the Jets, I really like how our offense lines up against their dee, and how our dee lines up against their oh.

I think both NE's TE's are significantly better than Keller. That makes a pretty big difference in this equation. However, if we assume all players perform to their maximum capabilities, then the Jets win this easily. Holmes, Plax, and Mason at their best are scary good.

As always, time will tell.

The Jets will actually be a better team next year when Keller walks and we get a TE who blocks and is an actual red zone threat.

The Pats are going to score points and win games this year. They enter the season as odds-on favorites to win the division again. There's nothing the Jets can do about what the Pats do to the rest of the league.

But when the Pats line up against the Jets, I really like how our offense lines up against their dee, and how our dee lines up against their oh.

What unnerves me would be an un-bracketed Welker and an improved pair of TE's that we didn't match up well against in the first place. If Ocho+Branch do nothing else against us, they at least require some safety attention. Add in the return of Kevin Faulk and the drafting of future-pain-in-the-a$$ Shane Vereen and it looks like Belichick plans on giving up on throwing it outside the hashes altogether.

What unnerves me would be an un-bracketed Welker and an improved pair of TE's that we didn't match up well against in the first place. If Ocho+Branch do nothing else against us, they at least require some safety attention. Add in the return of Kevin Faulk and the drafting of future-pain-in-the-a$ Shane Vereen and it looks like Belichick plans on giving up on throwing it outside the hashes altogether.

We need to see what Kyle Wilson brings to the table this year. Rex talking him up has been pleasant to hear, and I like the fact that they brought Strickland back, too, who did a very nice job for us two years ago.

But my thinking is that Cro and Revis can remove Ocho and Branch from the equation entirely. If Wilson can get physical with Welker, take him out of his rhythm, and get some LB help in there, they should be in pretty good shape against the WR's. If the Pats have all five of these guys on the field at once, the Jets will probably have 6 DB's on the field to handle them. Strickland/Cole/Pool should be able to do a decent job on the TE's.

They'll make some plays. They do have Tom Brady at QB. But I like how we line up.

And if Sanchez takes a step forward, I think their defense is going to be overmatched. McCourty's their best CB, and he's going to need a hand covering Holmes. Sanchez' high sailing passes and Plaxico's incredible reach would be hard for anyone to defend against. Plus, we're still going to be able to run the football.

If I need one play, one drive, one catch whatever...I'm throwing to Holmes 10 out of 10 times if I'm choosing from either teams WRs. That itself, would make me take the Jets. If Plax is 80-90% of himself, its the Jets by a mile.

IMO having 1 WR like Holmes is more valuable than having a platoon of average to above average players. Its a gift to have a player like that on your squad.

This is tough though, because I do think Ocho is going to have a big year and I really like their TE's. Its probably a wash, but like I said, if I'm going into a one game scenario and I need one of these guys...Its Holmes, no question. So I'd take the Jets because in the end, you also have Plex/Mason/Keller/LT to throw to as well...not bad back up options.

We need to see what Kyle Wilson brings to the table this year. Rex talking him up has been pleasant to hear, and I like the fact that they brought Strickland back, too, who did a very nice job for us two years ago.

But my thinking is that Cro and Revis can remove Ocho and Branch from the equation entirely. If Wilson can get physical with Welker, take him out of his rhythm, and get some LB help in there, they should be in pretty good shape against the WR's. If the Pats have all five of these guys on the field at once, the Jets will probably have 6 DB's on the field to handle them. Strickland/Cole/Pool should be able to do a decent job on the TE's.

They'll make some plays. They do have Tom Brady at QB. But I like how we line up.

And if Sanchez takes a step forward, I think their defense is going to be overmatched. McCourty's their best CB, and he's going to need a hand covering Holmes. Sanchez' high sailing passes and Plaxico's incredible reach would be hard for anyone to defend against. Plus, we're still going to be able to run the football.

Running the football is going to be a lot harder vs the pats this season. My guess is we're going to see a lot of 4 man fronts in running situation with Ellis, Haynesworth, Wilfork, and Warren. Thats just horrifying. But I'll tell you this... BB was clearly pissed off about how we just ran it down their throats at will last season, particularly in the playoff game. Now, as a reaction to that, BB trades for a troublesome cancerous player in Haynesworth and there is talk about BB changing to a base 4-3 against the Jets.

Basically, the tides have truly turned... We do what we do, and theyre going to have to adjust like crazy to stop it. We're the Doers. They've become the reactors.

Archived