2016 WS Champions/Cubs Thread

SenorGato

Poor Johnny, tyke's tuckered out. Anytime you want with those numbers big guy, open invite. Make sure you thank Mr. Integrity for trying to help you out! Sure it was his usual hackjob, but at least he tried. Believe! Achieve!

----

ANYWAY, Cubs early favorites for next year as well:

https://mobile.twitter.com/ESPNStatsInfo/status/794283010212315136

I like the Red Sox in the AL alot next year too, but yeah easy favorite has to be the team that cruised to the best team in the league without Schwarber and a crazy down year from Heyward. I imagine a Cubs-Red Sox series would be an even bigger draw than this one was, which is saying something.

Sure, why not:

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2016/11/cubs-claim-conor-mullee-from-yankees.html

The Cubs were busy winning their first World Series since 1908 on Wednesday, but that didn’t stop them from adding to their 40-man roster. The club claimed right-hander Conor Mullee off waivers from the Yankees.

Mullee, 28, had been a member of the Yankees organization since going in the 24th round of the 2010 draft. Injuries have been highly problematic during his professional career, unfortunately, as he missed nearly all of the 2011-13 campaigns because of various surgeries – including a Tommy John procedure. Remarkably, Mullee persevered through those issues to make his major league debut in 2016, tossing three innings of one-run ball with the Yankees. However, he once again underwent surgery – this time to repair a nerve issue in his elbow – thus ending his season in August.

Over 162 career minor league frames, including 40 at the Triple-A level, Mullee has pitched to a stingy 2.00 ERA with impressive strikeout and walk rates of 9.1 and 2.6 per nine innings. That terrific body of work has helped earn Mullee a place on the World Series champions’ 40-man roster, at least for now.

Interesting body in that he basically missed 3 years and still somehow made it to the majors? :shrugs:, doubtful he lasts the offseason on the 40 but obviously this guy puts in work. His first career K was Paul Goldschmidt.

Rewatching this game...GD do I love Lester. Beat cancer, has avoided the TJ epidemic that hit so many in the 21st century, throws 200+ high quality innings a year, never not on a playoff or serious WS contender, cruises through his playoff starts (35 innings this year, 2.63 playoff ERA in his career over 133.2 IP!), and then comes out last night in relief and kills it. Meanwhile, all these dipsh*ts on FOX can talk about is throwing to first base. 

11 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Jason Heyward gave a big speech according to everyone you guys. So that obviously makes up for the rest of his sucking. 

That last strikeout was probably his worst looking PA too. Incredible that this team did what they did all season with such a major player having the kind of year he had.

12 minutes ago, SenorGato said:

That last strikeout was probably his worst looking PA too. Incredible that this team did what they did all season with such a major player having the kind of year he had.

Total anomaly. He should get back to 11-12 Hr's next year. Not bad in that lineup.....

5 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

Total anomaly. He should get back to 11-12 Hr's next year. Not bad in that lineup.....

Remember when you whined and cried about all those big fantasy league stats I was using like defense, OBP, contact, walks, base running, and the career average to above average power? It was maybe a page ago. You remain a horrendously predictable and unknowledgable poster, plight of being a casual fan. How many RBIs THO??!

2 minutes ago, SenorGato said:

Remember when you whined and cried about all those big fantasy league stats I was using like defense, OBP, contact, walks, base running, and career wise average to above average power? How many RBIs THO??!?!?! 

49 ribby's wow major player bro. Orgasmic! .230/.304 and 11 sb's. Holy ****in sh*t!

But look at those metrics tho. It takes a special intellect to get to the bottom of that

No wonder you're on his shaft to the hilt......

11 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

49 ribby's wow major player bro. Orgasmic! .230/.304 and 11 sb's. Holy ****in sh*t!

But look at those metrics tho. It takes a special intellect to get to the bottom of that

No wonder you're on his shaft to the hilt......

Bad homenym!!! Dummy, everyone is well aware of Heyward's 2016. 2016 is not the only year of Heyward's career. As was with the case with so many of these Mets trolls this year, you can't even keep up with your own nonsense. First you knock his career. Then you cry about using what you claim to be fantasy stats used to defend him. A page later you're focusing on the one year everyone agrees on and the fantasy stats he didn't put up. It's just a constant stream of just duuuuumb, nonsensical bullsh*t out of your keyboard lol. I thought earlier in the year you were more on the normal side, just a casual fan, but turns out you are just another ill informed wackjob who is in over his head and proud of it.

14 minutes ago, SenorGato said:

Bad homenym!!! Dummy, everyone is well aware of Heyward's 2016. 2016 is not the only year of Heyward's career. As was with the case with so many of these Mets trolls this year, you can't even keep up with your own nonsense. First you knock his career. Then you cry about using what you claim to be fantasy stats used to defend him. A page later you're focusing on the one year everyone agrees on and the fantasy stats he didn't put up. It's just a constant stream of just duuuuumb, nonsensical bullsh*t out of your keyboard lol. I thought earlier in the year you were more on the normal side, just a casual fan, but turns out you are just another ill informed wackjob who is in over his head and proud of it.

Reality dude, it's not a bad thing. Get a grip........ other than on Heyward's wad in your little fantasy world. 

'Flailing' was spot on...... ****in whack job

10 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

Reality dude, it's not a bad thing. Get a grip........ other than on Heyward's wad in your little fantasy world. 

'Flailing' was spot on...... ****in whack job

Are you somehow become more dumb as this goes on? How do you grip jizz that is part of a fantasy world? I understand that getting schooled makes kids upset all the time, but you've gone completely off the cliff for no particular reason here. You made a dumb comparison, had it spelled out for you why, and now it's probably best that you move on.

13 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

Good God man, get a hold of yourself chap. It's okay that Heyward isn't the man you fell for and your wet dream isn't quite what you thought 

So you are incapable of keeping up with your own nonsense and have a weird thing with imagining male on male sexual fantasies. I'm starting to think there's some deep seeded sh*t here that goes well beyond you not knowing anything about baseball, Jooooohnnaaaay boy.

15 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

El Gatito thinks he knows baseball.....and he thinks he's so ****in smart too.

Wow :rolleyes:

Nah brah....nope

Lol good one Johnnnaaaaaaay, you really got me there. No mad llamatim here! I do hope you get a chance to resolve the whole sexually confused nutjob thing one day, but at least you just laid the smacketh down with this gem.

So, just to be clear, we're never going to be privy to these numbers you have stored somewhere secret and safe? 

Turns out Eloy Jimenez won the MiLB breakout prospect of the year:

https://mobile.twitter.com/Pelicanbaseball/status/793444776259485696

"Just the frame," McLeod said of his initial impression of Jimenez. "You could see it already, how tall he was, the length to his arms. He just had one of those big, physical body types, but there was also a lot of strength in the swing. And beyond the body, he had a good idea at the plate. He wasn't just trying to lift balls out and hit bombs to left field over and over. There was a presence to the approach that you don't see from kids that age."

"From when I had him as a manager in the Arizona League in 2014 to what he's done this year, he's a totally different player," said South Bend skipper Jimmy Gonzalez. "He could make all the plays. He controlled his body. He had an approach. He matured mentally. He understood how they attacked him. He allowed himself to study and make adjustments. Yes, it's low-A ball here, but not many 23-year-olds did what he was able to do.

"Big guys like him, you normally see a lot of strikeouts," Gonzalez said. "Now, he had his fair share of strikeouts, but he struck out less than you'd expect. He knew he had power, but he still had a good two-strike approach. The way he was able to take the ball to right field when they pitched him like that, you don't see a lot of that at this level, and he maintained it all year. Then because of his power, sometimes those hits out to right would go for doubles or even homers. Once he had the approach down, everything took care of itself."

"After his Futures Game experience, I talked to him and he was saying, 'Man, when I was coming into the game and walking to the outfield, I looked up and saw the third deck and that was amazing,'" McLeod said. "I think he had that same experience with the Minor League award we gave him in our last series against St. Louis. Just looking up and seeing what it's all about. When it's game time, he does a good job of quieting all that noise. But afterward, I think he's realizing, 'Wow, I am one of the best young players in the game.'"

4 hours ago, Scott Dierking said:

About 20 minutes. Whatever momentum the Tribe had after the 8th was gone. Give the Cubs credit, they attacked. Zobrist is one tough out.

dang it !  when I saw who was up for the cubs I thought they might score.  guessed I missed the best inning ever, lol

13 hours ago, JohnJ said:

Good God man, get a hold of yourself chap. It's okay that Heyward isn't the man you fell for and your wet dream isn't quite what you thought 

There's a good chance that Heyward may have had as much to do with the Cubs winning game 7 as anybody else in the equation.

He pulled everyone together for the team meeting during the rain delay (something Madden doesn't believe in and therefore doesn't do) which many of the Cub players see as the key factor in the comeback and win.

Intangible? perhaps, but not Chad Pennington intangible. It meant something.

He was virtually useless at the plate in the WS  and had a well below career avg season, but he was career +.360 OBP when he came here and there's no facts to state he cant get back to that.

His DWAR was tops for right fielders and #3 overall for all OF's.

I'm looking forward to see what adjustments he makes this winter for next year before I get anxious about throwing him out with the bath water.