ESPN Resident Jet-hater Rich Cimini throws more fuel on the fire

BlackDynamite

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/story/_/id/8475091/new-york-jets-jets-talk-their-way-win-houston-texans

Outside of his gleeful tone, he did come up with a worthwhile stat, because he is a true hater. The Jets are 3-7 after double digit losses, and 0-3 after losing games by more than 21 points.

This is a referendum on Rex Ryan, and the state of the Jets, on National TV.

I see 27-13. No blowout, but the Jets will be solidly behind most of the game.

The Jets have a much easier 2nd half sked, so they can make a run down the road. But we'll see if this group has the stones to pull it off.

The pressures on. And if that "Bunker Mentality" psychology is worth a damn, we'll see tomorrow night.....

BD

Cimini is a troll of hate. When he's not hating on ESPN, he goes to the Jets official site to troll.

He went to NYJets.com Live Game Chat Week 1 vs the Bills to ride Santonio Holmes about his foibles last year. Just made fun of Holmes, until the Jets put up 30 points in the first half.

Then the troll was never heard from again.....

BD

There are many Jet haters , mike on the fan , boomer on the fan , the Jets were not going to beat the 49ers or this next game but all Jet fans are hopefull , the key is the colt game we have to win this game

And from what I saw out of the Colts today, that will not be a layup.....

BD

Nobody said "The media", just Cimini.

From what I've seen, the media loves the clown car that is the Jets. Couldn't make their jobs any easier.....

BD

Yes.. the Jets make their job very easy. The media also knows how thin skinned the fan base is and will do whatever they can to cause controversy and get the stupid fans to read their articles and dumb blogs and tweets and listen to their mediocre podcasts so the fans can overreact and give the media exactly what they were trying for....

Understand how the media is manipulating you and find ways to stop it. Easiest way? STOP READING AND LISTENING! I havent read more than 5 articles about the Jets this year. Why? Cause its all crap.

Yes.. the Jets make their job very easy. The media also knows how thin skinned the fan base is and will do whatever they can to cause controversy and get the stupid fans to read their articles and dumb blogs and tweets and listen to their mediocre podcasts so the fans can overreact and give the media exactly what they were trying for....

Understand how the media is manipulating you and find ways to stop it. Easiest way? STOP READING AND LISTENING! I havent read more than 5 articles about the Jets this year. Why? Cause its all crap.

ESPN is as big as it gets. Hard to avoid if you love sports. ESPN assigns one writer, good, bad, or indifferent (In this case a rat), and consider the Jets well-covered.

Strangely, sites like NFL.com or CNNSI.com have learned next to nothing for ESPN, and have terrible websites, with horrible graphics and designs, much less the actual writing......

BD

ESPN is as big as it gets. Hard to avoid if you love sports. ESPN assigns one writer, good, bad, or indifferent (In this case a rat), and consider the Jets well-covered.

Strangely, sites like NFL.com or CNNSI.com have learned next to nothing for ESPN, and have terrible websites, with horrible graphics and designs, much less the actual writing......

BD

Its very easy., I havent watched sports center in years. i dont read their articles. Are you really learning anything new from watching ESPN or reading ESPN.com? No. You're not. All you need to know is what you see with your eyes and your fellow fanatics tell us here.

BD

Thats a good point about the other sites. CNNSI is a total cluster, which is too bad because some of their stats have been far better than the other sites, but finding what you need is difficult. They are one of those things that didnt see the web as anything more than an enhancement for their paper/TV products and its hurt them. I think NFL.com is trying to figure out what they are. I like their stat formats but getting to them or pulling them easily is more difficult. I think they want to cover the league as a whole rather than specializing in teams which is what they would need to do if they wanted to make more effective use of their sites. The Jets and Giants are worth a reporter. The Jacksonville Jaguars are not. As the NFL they cant make those distinctions. I think they are trying to do more with their blogs, but its very basic stuff and finding them is again impossible. I think the reporting will get better as the NFL Network gets more exposure. When it comes to scoops Schefter and LaCanfora are excellent and both got their national starts there. But its considered low level to the other outlets so they bolt as soon as they can.

Thats a good point about the other sites. CNNSI is a total cluster, which is too bad because some of their stats have been far better than the other sites, but finding what you need is difficult. They are one of those things that didnt see the web as anything more than an enhancement for their paper/TV products and its hurt them. I think NFL.com is trying to figure out what they are. I like their stat formats but getting to them or pulling them easily is more difficult. I think they want to cover the league as a whole rather than specializing in teams which is what they would need to do if they wanted to make more effective use of their sites. The Jets and Giants are worth a reporter. The Jacksonville Jaguars are not. As the NFL they cant make those distinctions. I think they are trying to do more with their blogs, but its very basic stuff and finding them is again impossible. I think the reporting will get better as the NFL Network gets more exposure. When it comes to scoops Schefter and LaCanfora are excellent and both got their national starts there. But its considered low level to the other outlets so they bolt as soon as they can.

Honestly, I think ESPN is trying to work Jumpin' Jane McManus into the job

She is Tebow. Cimini is Sanchez.........

BD

I watched like 30 seconds of youtube clips and could tell Coples was a dog and Chandler Jones was awesome. Dont get it.

Carla Gugino is really hot though

Rex's complicated defense, that can't stop a nosebleed, is the problem. If you are shutting down the national debt, complex defenses make you look like a genius. When they can't they ruin your draft picks.

Any clown, mainly Jones, can just lineup and run after the QB. Rex wants Coples to split the atom first.

I'll still take producers over potential 10 times out of ten. Coples isn't the problem.

Nobody else is getting to the QB either....

BD

Cimini is a troll of hate. When he's not hating on ESPN, he goes to the Jets official site to troll.

He went to NYJets.com Live Game Chat Week 1 vs the Bills to ride Santonio Holmes about his foibles last year. Just made fun of Holmes, until the Jets put up 30 points in the first half.

Then the troll was never heard from again.....

BD

If that's what it will take to get us to put points on the board, then TROLL BABY, TROLL!!!!

Is someone a "Jet Hater" because they tell the truth? It's not Cimiini's job to blow sunshine up anyone's ass.

Exactly. Some Jets fans simply do not want to evaluate the team without their green glasses on. Sure we have some guys that show promise but the Key to being great is consistency. Jet fans however cling to this hope that the guy who showed promise must be a great player based on what they saw for one game. Then when the Guy dissapears they cling to that great performance and cant understand why it does not keep happening.

I dont think anyone on this forum labeled a "Hater" wants our team to lose. I do, however, think we would all equally enjoy a 16-0 season but dont fault the Haters when that never happens and dont fault the Haters when the weaknesses pointed out on this football team continue to be a problem namely Slow LB's and a terrible over all offense with very little in the way of talent across the board.

Exactly. Some Jets fans simply do not want to evaluate the team without their green glasses on. Sure we have some guys that show promise but the Key to being great is consistency. Jet fans however cling to this hope that the guy who showed promise must be a great player based on what they saw for one game. Then when the Guy dissapears they cling to that great performance and cant understand why it does not keep happening.

I dont think anyone on this forum labeled a "Hater" wants our team to lose. I do, however, think we would all equally enjoy a 16-0 season but dont fault the Haters when that never happens and dont fault the Haters when the weaknesses pointed out on this football team continue to be a problem namely Slow LB's and a terrible over all offense with very little in the way of talent across the board.

How about the idiot coach Rexey who makes moronic statements...like this is the best team ever LOL

Maybe the Jets are just bad? Just sayin.....

If you want the Pravda version of Jets news where each and every week it reports that "New York Jets score glorious win against the western hooligans of San Francisco", go look for some 9 year old's blog on AOL.

This team has no talent and suspect coaching. It is what it is, a circus.

Archived