• Please log in to reply
2801 replies to this topic

#51 T0mShane

T0mShane

Gluten for punishment

• Members
  • 26,116 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 11:45 PM

Nonsense you attack JiF you lil' ole ball a spitfire.

We all know that weasel troll has it coming to him.
Well, that's the internet, man: 9 billion tough guys who secretly want to touch your pee-pee.

#52 HessStation

HessStation

FightThePower

• Members
  • 23,696 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 11:47 PM

Chief fans embarrassing themselves some more on ESPN. LOSERS.

#53 BlackDynamite

BlackDynamite

provocateur wannabe

• Members
  • 1,798 posts
  • LocationPago Pago

Posted 08 October 2012 - 11:47 PM

Sanchez had his moments, and had his mistakes, but that last pass was all Cumberbun.
Pros catch passes that hit them in both hands.

Dustin Keller is truly missed.....
BD

Edited by BlackDynamite, 08 October 2012 - 11:48 PM.

#54 HessStation

HessStation

FightThePower

• Members
  • 23,696 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 11:48 PM

Who would bash Eric Winston for what he said? Seriously? ****ing losers.

#55 dbatesman

dbatesman

John Idzik Jizz Patrol

• Members
  • 8,442 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 11:49 PM

Sanchez had his moments, and had his mistakes, but that last pass was all Cumberbun.

BD

If there's one guy you can rely on to catch everything, it's Dustin Keller.

This is like having a cat with leukemia.

#56 Lupz27

Lupz27

2nd year player looking for a breakout season.

• Members
  • 3,733 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 11:49 PM

I've always scoffed at the cliched notion that drafting a bad QB "sets the franchise back five years."

I no longer scoff. It infects literally every aspect of the organization. Your young receivers don't develop; your offensive linemen get beat up blocking 8-9 man fronts; tickets don't get sold; coaches get fired; GMs get fired; fans and media obsess over the organization's incompetence. It takes years to find the new QB, the new coach, to get the media off your back, to earn back credibility, etc etc etc. A bad QB pick is a dirty bomb.

The fact they even decided to trade up, and draft a QB at #5 in 2009 when they thought they had a Superbowl ready roster outside of the QB position was the stupidest thing they could have done, there was plenty of game managers available that offseason who could have handed the ball off, and made a few plays here, and there, and the option to call old Mr, Grey beard was still out there to at that point, you could have called him, and told him Brett your up again this year, just bring your hand picked O-Coordinator who runs your offense, and we will draft you a stud WR (Hakeem Nicks cough cough) in the 1st round, and a play making speed RB in the 2nd for you (LeSean McCoy cough cough), and lets go win this ****ing SB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyone got a time maching I can borrow?

#57 HessStation

HessStation

FightThePower

• Members
  • 23,696 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 11:50 PM

BD

Yeah and the throw sucked to boot. sh*t throw and sh*t drop gets picked...go figure.

#58 vinnys025

vinnys025

Master of the "lick"

• Members
  • 3,283 posts
  • LocationIceland

Posted 08 October 2012 - 11:54 PM

BD

The pass was high and behind him, it was partially if not mostly Sanchez's fault. Also, Cromartie was separating by at least 3 to 4 feet and Sanchez threw up a floating duck that fluttered out of bounds "Pennington" style.... those tipped passes that resulted in INT"s were because Sanchez stares down his receivers and is too short to play QB. The fumbles were because he has no pocket presence......why not start Tebow, we've nothing to loose anymore. We already know Sanchez isn't taking us to any Superbowl ever, so there's no excuse anymore.
Posted Image

Livin' the dream....

#59 Sperm Edwards

Sperm Edwards

Penis

• Moderators
  • 27,940 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 11:55 PM

Cumberland should have caught it but the throw was crap. Lucas put it well: throw came in too high and way too hot.

Cumberland is 6'4" and had to jump with full extension. He was able to get hands on it so I say therefore he should have caught it. But it's not even a factor if Sanchez hits him in the numbers or the face. Why throw it 4' over Cumberland's head? Because he has no control over where he throws it. When he's on target it's also lucky and by accident.

JetNation

2446sd4.jpg

#60 gangreenman

gangreenman

The Gamethread/chat Guy

• Members
  • 5,873 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 11:57 PM

Discuss this exciting new topic.

2 picks
2 fumbles
How many batted/tipped passes? 4? 5?

4th consecutive game completing under 50% of his passes.

Terrible football player. Terrible.

While that is true...His O Coordinator certainly doesn't do him too many favors by wasting first down running shonn greene up the gut for 1 yard, or worse, bringing him out of the game for tebow to run for 2 yards. Then all of a sudden its 2nd and 8 and the whole world knows the next two plays will be passes.

Not sure if anyone keeps this stat, but I would say when Sanchez throws on first down, his completion percentage is higher and the offense is more efficient than when he throws on 2nd/3rd and long
Posted Image

ďThey asked what I was going to do in the off-season and I was like 'What do you mean, off-season?' Iím going to be at the facility...thatís my new home." - Mark Sanchez

#61 tebowtime5502

tebowtime5502

Definite Banning Candidate

• Banned
  • 135 posts
  • LocationGainesville, FL

Posted 09 October 2012 - 12:00 AM

I have no problem benching Sanchez, but it better be for McElroy, not Tebow, everyone knows Tim Tebow CAN NOT be an every down QB, and you know exactly what you would get from him, where as with McElroy you don't know the anwsers to those questions yet, and you might as well go, and find out if the season calls for a QB change, Tebow is not the future, I doubt McElroy is, but it wouldn't hurt to give him the shot to see what you got, when like I said before you already know what you got with Tim Tebow.

Exactly what do you think you have with Tebow? If performance is the point, did you not watch what he did with a 1-4 team last year as he was looking over his shoulder the entire year? (Only Tebow doesn't look back, thank God) Did you not watch a single game of his in college? Do you not know he is arguably the greatest player in the history of college football? Do you not know he was better than John Elway, possibly the greatest QB of all time, when comparing their first two seasons? Two seasons in which Elway was actually given free reign. Did you not watch Tebow, in his second season, torch one of the greatest defenses in the game to pull off a shocking upset in the playoffs?

I know exactly what i'm getting with Tebow...and I want it.

Edited by tebowtime5502, 09 October 2012 - 12:02 AM.

#62 dbatesman

dbatesman

John Idzik Jizz Patrol

• Members
  • 8,442 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 12:02 AM

If performance is the point, did you not watch what he did with a 1-4 team last year as he was looking over his shoulder the entire year? (Only Tebow doesn't look back, thank God)

Posted Image

This is like having a cat with leukemia.

#63 Sperm Edwards

Sperm Edwards

Penis

• Moderators
  • 27,940 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 12:02 AM

The pass was high and behind him, it was partially if not mostly Sanchez's fault. Also, Cromartie was separating by at least 3 to 4 feet and Sanchez threw up a floating duck that fluttered out of bounds "Pennington" style.... those tipped passes that resulted in INT"s were because Sanchez stares down his receivers and is too short to play QB. The fumbles were because he has no pocket presence......why not start Tebow, we've nothing to loose anymore. We already know Sanchez isn't taking us to any Superbowl ever, so there's no excuse anymore.

Except he's not too short. He's 6'2" tall.

Same as Stafford.
Same as Rodgers.
Same as Favre (was).
Same as RGIII
Taller than Brees.

And when you factor in release point - which is more important than how high the apex of his skull is - he's effectively as tall as Schaub and Rivers.

He sucks because he sucks. Horribly inaccurate, dumb as sh*t, panicky nerves, awful tunnel vision and telegraphs his passes, little to no feel for the pass rush, and has a lousy loser attitude with a mumbling, mopey, Eeyore personality.

All this he already had. Now he's blaming his OL for passes getting tipped and batted down and blaming the receivers for his obvious bad throws.

If Rex has instilled any heart in this team they should beat the sh*t out of him in the locker room.

JetNation

2446sd4.jpg

#64 Sperm Edwards

Sperm Edwards

Penis

• Moderators
  • 27,940 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 12:04 AM

While that is true...His O Coordinator certainly doesn't do him too many favors by wasting first down running shonn greene up the gut for 1 yard, or worse, bringing him out of the game for tebow to run for 2 yards. Then all of a sudden its 2nd and 8 and the whole world knows the next two plays will be passes.

Not sure if anyone keeps this stat, but I would say when Sanchez throws on first down, his completion percentage is higher and the offense is more efficient than when he throws on 2nd/3rd and long

Tell me you think Sanchez is a good QB. Tell me.

JetNation

2446sd4.jpg

#65 BlackDynamite

BlackDynamite

provocateur wannabe

• Members
  • 1,798 posts
  • LocationPago Pago

Posted 09 October 2012 - 12:07 AM

If it hits you in both hands, and you don't catch it, it's on you.

Be a pro.....
BD

#66 RutgersJetFan

RutgersJetFan

Bring me Solo and the Wookie

• Members
  • 15,994 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 12:12 AM

The apex of his skull?

(Chandler)'s a nice piece as long as he's the 7th most important player on your roster....I think they're going to be disappointed when they see he's just a pumped-up Drew Gooden.

#67 Lupz27

Lupz27

2nd year player looking for a breakout season.

• Members
  • 3,733 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 12:15 AM

Exactly what do you think you have with Tebow? If performance is the point, did you not watch what he did with a 1-4 team last year as he was looking over his shoulder the entire year? (Only Tebow doesn't look back, thank God) Did you not watch a single game of his in college? Do you not know he is arguably the greatest player in the history of college football? Do you not know he was better than John Elway, possibly the greatest QB of all time, when comparing their first two seasons? Two seasons in which Elway was actually given free reign. Did you not watch Tebow, in his second season, torch one of the greatest defenses in the game to pull off a shocking upset in the playoffs?

I know exactly what i'm getting with Tebow...and I want it.

Then go buy some old game tapes of his college years, and his last season tapes in Denver if that is what you want to watch.

Me I know he can't hit the backside of the barn more than 3 out of 10 times, and the book on defending Tim Tebow is out, Bill Belicheck wrote last season in the playoff game, and every single coach knows it, and will never, NEVER, NEVER, EVER, make the same mistake the Steelers did against Tim Tebow in that so called miracle in last years playoff game, he made 35 throws, 30 of them were 1 0n 1 coverage 40 yards down the field, and he completed 1 in 3 attempts, for 10 completions, that is not that spectacular, that game was the product of a stubborn cocky defense, not the greatness that you Tebowmaniacs spin it to be.

So to anwser your question yes I WATCHED all those things you just posted, and my observation along with the rest of the NFL's observation including John Elway, and those Denver Broncos he miraculously rescued, is he IS NOT AN NFL QB, AND NEVER WILL BE A NFL QB, can he come in, and make a few plays with his legs, and hit a deep ball here, and there yes, but never will he be succesful over a complete season in this league.

#68 Sperm Edwards

Sperm Edwards

Penis

• Moderators
  • 27,940 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 12:16 AM

The apex of his skull?

That's right. I said it.

JetNation

2446sd4.jpg

#69 tebowtime5502

tebowtime5502

Definite Banning Candidate

• Banned
  • 135 posts
  • LocationGainesville, FL

Posted 09 October 2012 - 12:17 AM

Then go buy some old game tapes of his college years, and his last season tapes in Denver if that is what you want to watch.

Me I know he can't hit the backside of the barn more than 3 out of 10 times, and the book on defending Tim Tebow is out, Bill Belicheck wrote last season in the playoff game, and every single coach knows it, and will never, NEVER, NEVER, EVER, make the same mistake the Steelers did against Tim Tebow in that so called miracle in last years playoff game, he made 35 throws, 30 of them were 1 0n 1 coverage 40 yards down the field, and he completed 1 in 3 attempts, for 10 completions, that is not that spectacular, that game was the product of a stubborn cocky defense, not the greatness that you Tebowmaniacs spin it to be.

So to anwser your question yes I WATCHED all those things you just posted, and my observation along with the rest of the NFL's observation including John Elway, and those Denver Broncos he miraculously rescued, is he IS NOT AN NFL QB, AND NEVER WILL BE A NFL QB, can he come in, and make a few plays with his legs, and hit a deep ball here, and there yes, but never will he be succesful over a complete season in this league.

You're wrong. I'm right.

End of discussion.

#70 HessStation

HessStation

FightThePower

• Members
  • 23,696 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 12:23 AM

Tebow threw the nicest ball of the game...which was dropped of course.

#71 sirlancemehlot

sirlancemehlot

perpetual rookie

• Members
  • 4,241 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 12:26 AM

Sanchez is a mediocre, inconsistent QB that has moments of excellence and moments of utter crap. With a good team around him, he'll be a good QB. At least godd enough. You can't put a team on his shoulders though. He doesn't have that intangible. Even Pennington had the ability to rally his troops. Mark doesn't. And he also doesn't have troops. There isn't a single game breaker anywhere near this lineup. not a deep threat, not a steady threat, not a clutch threat. Nothing. i watch Chaz Schilens get jammed at the line and wiggle until the play is half over. He actually got pushed out of bounds without ever getting into a route on one play. Clyde Gates is a late-cut castoff who would be a special teams player (maybe) on most squads. Of course he's out injured. The other hill kid has been on this team for less than a week and he's seeing snaps. And dropping the football. No Keller. No receiving threat out of the backfield. Tim Tebow running onto the field after every third down conversion. No running game. Still, a crappy Sanchez put up 230 yds and ran a nice no-huddle. But he's not a special QB. He's just a QB,. And the offensive issues are systemic and due to a lack of overall talent. These guys are not good. Sanchez looked like a player when he had Braylon, Holmes and Cotchery, When he had Damien Woody and LT catching out of the backfield and a healthy Dustin Keller. Now he looks like a turd. To say our team sucks because Sanchez isn't good enough enough is like saying the spice Girls sucked because Mel B. needed a better hair style. Some times the whole entire thing is just a muddy, confused jumble of absolute fail. Like the burning of time outs because no one knew where to line up. Or having Cumberland and a cornerback as your biggest receiving threats. The whole thing is just rank and awful. Sanchez isn't such a steaming pile. The entire squad is a steaming pile. Mark is just a bit of corn and a half a peanut embedded in it.

#72 BlackDynamite

BlackDynamite

provocateur wannabe

• Members
  • 1,798 posts
  • LocationPago Pago

Posted 09 October 2012 - 12:30 AM

Sanchez' Completion % falls from 49.2 to 48.4%, a distant last out of 33 QBs in the NFL who qualify
(Andrew Luck is 32nd at 54.2%)
BD

Edited by BlackDynamite, 09 October 2012 - 12:33 AM.

#73 Sperm Edwards

Sperm Edwards

Penis

• Moderators
  • 27,940 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 12:32 AM

Sanchez is a mediocre, inconsistent QB that has moments of excellence and moments of utter crap. With a good team around him, he'll be a good QB. At least godd enough. You can't put a team on his shoulders though. He doesn't have that intangible. Even Pennington had the ability to rally his troops. Mark doesn't. And he also doesn't have troops. There isn't a single game breaker anywhere near this lineup. not a deep threat, not a steady threat, not a clutch threat. Nothing. i watch Chaz Schilens get jammed at the line and wiggle until the play is half over. He actually got pushed out of bounds without ever getting into a route on one play. Clyde Gates is a late-cut castoff who would be a special teams player (maybe) on most squads. Of course he's out injured. The other hill kid has been on this team for less than a week and he's seeing snaps. And dropping the football. No Keller. No receiving threat out of the backfield. Tim Tebow running onto the field after every third down conversion. No running game. Still, a crappy Sanchez put up 230 yds and ran a nice no-huddle. But he's not a special QB. He's just a QB,. And the offensive issues are systemic and due to a lack of overall talent. These guys are not good. Sanchez looked like a player when he had Braylon, Holmes and Cotchery, When he had Damien Woody and LT catching out of the backfield and a healthy Dustin Keller. Now he looks like a turd. To say our team sucks because Sanchez isn't good enough enough is like saying the spice Girls sucked because Mel B. needed a better hair style. Some times the whole entire thing is just a muddy, confused jumble of absolute fail. Like the burning of time outs because no one knew where to line up. Or having Cumberland and a cornerback as your biggest receiving threats. The whole thing is just rank and awful. Sanchez isn't such a steaming pile. The entire squad is a steaming pile. Mark is just a bit of corn and a half a peanut embedded in it.

Everyone was open today and Sanchez missed a wide open "deep threat" for a sure TD. Also Schilens was wide open in the endzone for yet another TD when he had that pass tipped at the end of the first half.

You're too much caught up with the receivers' names. I don't think much of them but tonight they played well enough for him to win. Between the Cromartie missed TD, the Schilens missed TD, and the resulting FG after the Schilens TD was missed for a near pick-6, Sanchez cost the team 17 points all by himself (14 for the Jets and gave Houston 3). Could also argue if not for those missed TDs we wouldn't have tried the onside kick and that led to another easy 3 points for Houston there as well.

All these plays don't just get kept isolated. He's gotten way too many free passes from the fans and the coaching staff and the front office.

JetNation

2446sd4.jpg

#74 BlackDynamite

BlackDynamite

provocateur wannabe

• Members
  • 1,798 posts
  • LocationPago Pago

Posted 09 October 2012 - 12:35 AM

Who sucks harder?

Jets runs defense or Sanchez?
BD

#75 Sperm Edwards

Sperm Edwards

Penis

• Moderators
  • 27,940 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 12:37 AM

Who sucks harder?

Jets runs defense or Sanchez?
BD

Run defense - bad as it was - gave up 1 TD. Sanchez gave up 2.

Run defense also came up big at the end and Sanchez didn't.

JetNation

2446sd4.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users