Off Topic - ARod is not very good right now

Maxman

not even in the starting lineup tonight. Can we get grandy out too?

We can't have half the team batting 9th. At some point hitters like Cano, Swish, and Grandy need to manup, stop swinging at balls, and hit with authority.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think it's sorta unfair he didn't give him a chance last night. I mean give him at least one more shot before you pull him. However I dislike Arod so much I don't really care. And I guess you could consider that bottom of the 8th at bat his last straw.

Honestly **** Arod.

i do agree it was the wrong move tho. Chavez rly? hes not even batting better and isnt a home run threat.

I think it's sorta unfair he didn't give him a chance last night. I mean give him at least one more shot before you pull him. However I dislike Arod so much I don't really care. And I guess you could consider that bottom of the 8th at bat his last straw.

Honestly **** Arod.

He did give him a chance. In the 8th with men on 2nd & 3rd and 1 out. A flyball scores what would have been the winning run. ARod couldn't catch up with a 88 mph fastball. Girardi wasn't going to have him be the final out of the game again like he was in game 2.

honestly id rather move A rod in the lineup to 7th replace grandy with ibanez. Chavez isnt doing well either.

I was thinking this initially, but I think Girardi wants to keep his better defense out there in the outfield. Moving Ichiro to C and Ibanez to left hurts the D and on the likelihood this is another low scoring game you don't want an error or misplayed ball deciding it.

That's why I think Girardi played Nix at SS rather than Nunez last night.

I was thinking this initially, but I think Girardi wants to keep his better defense out there in the outfield. Moving Ichiro to C and Ibanez to left hurts the D and on the likelihood this is another low scoring game you don't want an error or misplayed ball deciding it.

That's why I think Girardi played Nix at SS rather than Nunez last night.

I def agree thats why nunez aint playing. but idk if its true but according to some fancy statistic people always quote granderson is one of the worst outfielders in the league.

he does have the ability to hit a homerun tho unlike a rod

He did give him a chance. In the 8th with men on 2nd & 3rd and 1 out. A flyball scores what would have been the winning run. ARod couldn't catch up with a 88 mph fastball. Girardi wasn't going to have him be the final out of the game again like he was in game 2.

which I go on to say skimmer. Btw can we score some ****ing runs already. Jeeeez

Never was a fan..wished they let him walk a few years back.

I've been on record multiple times with this but I lost a certain amount of interest in the Yankees since the extension. That's how much I hate Arod. Obviously still a fan but I used to never miss a game, listen to a lot of them via radio etc, not so much anymore/since.

yeah that one goes on George I believe

but it worked out for a few years, he was great in 2009

Agreed. It's funny how quickly people forget how he basically carried our team in the playoffs in '09. He was simply a monster; something like 5 or 6 homeruns and 12 rbis in the ALDC and ALCS combined. The thing is, every series he was bad, so was the majority of the yankees lineup. He had a pretty solid playoffs his first year with the yanks in '04 too if I remember right. Yea, he's not worth his contract, as a majority of that was based off him breaking the HR record clean and the Yankees making it all back and then some on merchandising etc. But it's not like he kevin browned or carl pavanoed us.

Yeah that is right an off topic thread. And it is about the Yankees.

ARod just struck out with the winning run on 3rd base in the 8th and 1 out. A sac fly and a 3 more outs and the Yankees advance.

No. ARod strikes out and the game is still tied. His contract when measured against his performance is possibly the worst in the history of sports.

Might as well add Swisher to the mix since the guy has been here he is batting 100 in the playoffs. Blows my mind we dont put Gardner or Ibanez in RF especially since most think Swisher will be gone next year. To many good options on this team to march this clown out there who was never able to hit good pitching.

Might as well add Swisher to the mix since the guy has been here he is batting 100 in the playoffs. Blows my mind we dont put Gardner or Ibanez in RF especially since most think Swisher will be gone next year. To many good options on this team to march this clown out there who was never able to hit good pitching.

That is a good point on Swish (not being able to hit good pitching).

He is here because he is a character and people like him. I forget his exact salary but let's say it is 13 million. You can get a kid to produce 75% of what he does for a 95% salary savings.

I cant understand Grandy hes not even foul tipping balls hes missing them by a foot and hes swinging at balls in the dirt. Do Swisher or Grandy know WTF a walk is ? This is why this team will never ever be as good as the late 90's teams. They may put up the stats during the season but come playoff time they just cant hit and its not just this year this has been going on for years.

Swisher blew game one with terrible fielding he should be walked down the tunnel and shot.

Girardi should realize if he puts Gardner in RF and plants Swishers ass on the bench this team can actully begin to manufacture runs and win some of the close games that and get much better coverage in RF.

I cant understand Grandy hes not even foul tipping balls hes missing them by a foot and hes swinging at balls in the dirt. Do Swisher or Grandy know WTF a walk is ? This is why this team will never ever be as good as the late 90's teams. They may put up the stats during the season but come playoff time they just cant hit and its not just this year this has been going on for years.

Swisher blew game one with terrible fielding he should be walked down the tunnel and shot.

Girardi should realize if he puts Gardner in RF and plants Swishers ass on the bench this team can actully begin to manufacture runs and win some of the close games that and get much better coverage in RF.

lol can we slump cano in with this bag of sh*t. I just cant understand why our team cant hit at all.

are we in line for a major upheaval?

Archived