Tebow the terrible. Jets mates rip QB - Mehta

Sperm Edwards

So Jets defensive players don't want to stand behind Tebow? Rex is letting his defensive players opinions impact his HC'ing duties. This guy is WAY too much of a players coach.

The best thing for the organization is to sit Mark down and see what they have in Tebow and McElroy. What's the worst thing the team will do if we bench Mark and play Tebow? Quit on their coach? They do that sh*t week-in and week-out at this point. I struggle to think of a team that quits on games the way Rex's has the past 2 years. Only the end of Favre 2008 did I see it like this.

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply

buf·foon

[ bə fn ]

1. bumbling person: somebody behaving in a silly way

2. clown: somebody who amuses others by clowning or joking

image.jpg

man.......a picture says a thousand words

rex ryan is the guy you wanna get drunk with and watch him act like an ass and laugh at him.

DC he is good.

HC he is failing

Nope sorry I wont get over it. If people who bitch about QB's cant see why a terrible cast of skill players have an effect I wont bother to get deep into an arguement about it.

The thing that is so laughable about this, is how completely clueless you are to the fact that the vast majority of those bashing Sanchez are also more than happy to bash countless players throughout this team, very much including the skill position players. The point is that regardless of what other issues this team has, the bottom line is Sanchez is still ****ing awful, and trying to argue otherwise is flat out embarrassing. Nobody is going to argue with you that the Jets need linebackers and skill position players, it's that you're one of the only ones out there still foolish enough to ignore the blatantly obvious fact that along with those needs, the Jets desperately need themselves that little thing called a quarterback to go along with them.

The thing that is so laughable about this, is how completely clueless you are to the fact that the vast majority of those bashing Sanchez are also more than happy to bash countless players throughout this team, very much including the skill position players. The point is that regardless of what other issues this team has, the bottom line is Sanchez is still ****ing awful, and trying to argue otherwise is flat out embarrassing. Nobody is going to argue with you that the Jets need linebackers and skill position players, it's that you're one of the only ones out there still foolish enough to ignore the blatantly obvious fact that along with those needs, the Jets desperately need themselves that little thing called a quarterback to go along with them.

whatever bleedin

What Slauson said was relatively tame. The true bashers were of the anonymous variety.

I'm not saying his sources are false.. I'm saying it's noteworthy that there have been 2 very similar reports which have gained national attention by 1 reporter.

Lets not act like there has never been a case of a reporter embellishing for the sake of sensationalism. Again, not saying that's happening here. But it's fair to ask the question.

Also interesting to note is that Mehta was also the reporter who had a one on one with Tebow a few weeks ago and it screamed of a reporter trying desperately to get Tebow to say something bad about Mark, which he did not do. Manish was probably pissed off that he came across as a little bitch in that interview.

What I find funny is that instead of reporting about the team seemingly rallying around Sanchez by not wanting Tebow in there, he writes it as a 'bash Tebow' article.

man.......a picture says a thousand words

rex ryan is the guy you wanna get drunk with and watch him act like an ass and laugh at him.

DC he is good.

HC he is failing

Agreed.

I also want to punctuate that you said he is a "good" DC, not "great". Spot on.

whatever bleedin

The only point you're trying to make, which I think is completely fair, is that we'll never know what Sanchez could have been because they've surrounded him with nothing.

A plodding RB, terrible WR corp, underachieving TE, and underperforming O-line isn't the recipie for success. My guess is wherever Sanchez goes next he'll become a pretty decent QB.

The only point you're trying to make, which I think is completely fair, is that we'll never know what Sanchez could have been because they've surrounded him with nothing.

A plodding RB, terrible WR corp, underachieving TE, and underperforming O-line isn't the recipie for success. My guess is wherever Sanchez goes next he'll become a pretty decent QB.

Transitioning from the "weapons" argument to the "ruined" argument is pretty ingenious; when we cut Sanchez and he goes off and fails miserably somewhere else, you guys will still be able to claim it's not his fault.

Transitioning from the "weapons" argument to the "ruined" argument is pretty ingenious; when we cut Sanchez and he goes off and fails miserably somewhere else, you guys will still be able to claim it's not his fault.

Much like Penny, my guess is he'll flourish elsewhere.

Ingenious is the exact word. It's the only argument in favor of Sanchez that you can't totally disprove. Even if he fails somewhere else, it's because we turned him into David Carr.

Bet?

LOL

thats exactly my point and to be honest as I have stated in other threads Im not going to bother arguing the point any longer

What I find funny is that instead of reporting about the team seemingly rallying around Sanchez by not wanting Tebow in there, he writes it as a 'bash Tebow' article.

Because his story has blown up nationally and is being talked about by everyone. Think a few quotes from the OL saying Sanchez is our guy will get the same thing? This is why Journalist look for the negative.

doubtful.....

what ever made you think it was an arguement ? Told ya Im not wasting my time anymore

You're still wasting your time with your desperate and futile attempts to try to defend Sanchez. You're simply not wasting your time anymore acknowledging those people who have repeatedly proven you wrong. Can't say I blame you though, it's got to get embarrassing after a while.

My guess is you'll get laughed at for this statement by idiots who know pretty much nothing about the QB position or football in general. They expect a guy like Penny who led a Dolphins team to 11-5 and a division title (in his first year there) to do well against a Ravens defense in the playoffs with no one at the WR position while his OL was getting blown up by the Ravens as well. Same way they expected him to do well against a Raiders defense that exposed the hell out of our offense in 02. Problem was when Penny showed promise the Jets removed talent rather than adding it. But you know Penny Sucks Sanchez Sucks and Just about every QB in the NFL sucks unless your Name is Drew Brees Aaron Rodgers Tom Brady or Peyton Manning. The highlight film warrriors who know little to nothing about football.

My guess is you'll get laughed at for this statement by idiots who know pretty much nothing about the QB position or football in general. They expect a guy like Penny who led a Dolphins team to 11-5 and a division title (in his first year there) to do well against a Ravens defense in the playoffs with no one at the WR position while his OL was getting blown up by the Ravens as well. Same way they expected him to do well against a Raiders defense that exposed the hell out of our offense in 02. Problem was when Penny showed promise the Jets removed talent rather than adding it. But you know Penny Sucks Sanchez Sucks and Just about every QB in the NFL sucks unless your Name is Drew Brees Aaron Rodgers Tom Brady or Peyton Manning. The highlight film warrriors who know little to nothing about football.

Hi, Smash!

Oh I've seen the LOL's etc and could'nt possibly care less.. in fact I'm laughing as well.

They're so blinded by hatred they think turning around the Dolphins and being the only team not named the Pats to win the AFCE in god knows how many years is something to be mocked.

You're still wasting your time with your desperate and futile attempts to try to defend Sanchez. You're simply not wasting your time anymore acknowledging those people who have repeatedly proven you wrong. Can't say I blame you though, it's got to get embarrassing after a while.

Dude I dont give a **** what you think you have proven wrong, so please get that through your freakin head . I have already acknowledged Sanchez has played bad if you would take your head out of your ass long enough to recognise that fact. That does not, however, mean I think its all his fault. Your childish chant of Sanchez Sucks is getting old and Like I stated, I no longer wish to argue the subject. If you feel differntly then fine move the hell on but dont make statements that people are clueless.

C'mon. It's an obvious reflection on the team's leadership that multiple players would be willing to badmouth a fellow player to a reporter. Particularly mid-season.

There are bad and slumping players on other teams and we don't hear this crap out of their locker room.

This screams of Rex and/or Sparano and/or other coaches badmouthing Tebow to the other players, behind Tebow's back, to the point where they feel comfortable saying the same to a reporter.

That may be a possibility.

But could it also be the players watch what Tebow is doing in practice and after so many weeks know he is NOT a NFL caliber backup QB!

I think you know we have a good core of players in certain areas. If a good coaching staff comes in here with a competent FO we could get good fairly quickly. All this team really needs is a few quick linbackers and some explosive skill players on offense and we could be right back in the thick of it IMO

I agree. Think it mostly depends on how quickly they can find a QB too.

Nope sorry I wont get over it. If people who bitch about QB's cant see why a terrible cast of skill players have an effect I wont bother to get deep into an arguement about it.

He's sucked with skill players. Sanchez sucks. Always has, always will, doesnt matter who you pair him with.

I agree. Think it mostly depends on how quickly they can find a QB too.

He's sucked with skill players. Sanchez sucks. Always has, always will, doesnt matter who you pair him with.

JIF you may very well be righ about Sanchez we know hes playing bad ... but no matter how we feel he gets another season with a guaranteed contract. I would be willing to bet if the Jets somehow were to land Sean Payton and get some real skill players in here you would see a different Sanchez. I could be wrong as well but you never know.

Schotty's holding him down, dawg.

Is it really a transition ? pretty much goes hand in hand IMO .

Archived