•  

Welcome to JetNation.com

Sign In  Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter

Create Account
Welcome to JetNation.com, your home for New York Jets talk. We are an independent site, which means we aren't affiliated with the NY Jets or SNY. The opinions here are never censored. We want you to join in on the conversation, but don't worry this is a simple and FREE process. Be apart of JetNation.com by signing in or creating an account. When you create an account, you can also opt to use your existing Facebook or Twitter login.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
Also be sure to check us out on Facebook and Twitter.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Rex is gone IMHO

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#1 SouthernJet

SouthernJet

Hey, nice marmot!

• Members
  • 31,774 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 12:22 PM

Whether Woody said 'he is staying' days ago after firing Tanny is moot now IMHO.
Whether this tattoo is real of fake (rex punking media), I think Woody will just say enough is enough. (Unless photoshopped).
I dont think he will fire Rex, but I think starting today in Gambles interview (and others that follow) he will say "hey please interview Rex as courtesy, but it's your call on the 2013 Jets Head Coach"
Posted Image

"No straight lines make up my life, and all my roads have bends;
There's no clear-cut beginnings, and so far no dead-ends."

#2 SayNoToDMC

SayNoToDMC

In search of terminally ill online girlfriend

• Members
  • 6,795 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 12:25 PM

You just became Manish Mehta's anonymous source for his story later today

28ad228d-4df6-4b64-b890-b5246112bd82.jpg

#3 Jetscode1

Jetscode1

Veteran

• Members
  • 7,596 posts
  • LocationNorth America; Western Hemisphere; the Earth; the Solar System; the Universe; the Mind of God

Posted 04 January 2013 - 12:26 PM

Whether Woody said 'he is staying' days ago after firing Tanny is moot now IMHO.
Whether this tattoo is real of fake (rex punking media), I think Woody will just say enough is enough. (Unless photoshopped).
I dont think he will fire Rex, but I think starting today in Gambles interview (and others that follow) he will say "hey please interview Rex as courtesy, but it's your call on the 2013 Jets Head Coach"

From your keyboard to Woody's ears.

Det. William 'Bunk' Moreland: A man must have a code. 

#4 Lil Bit Special

Lil Bit Special

pumba lookin ass- Chris Ivory

• Members
  • 23,127 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 12:28 PM

Woody doesnt give a sh!t. This team has been a joke all year and he had plenty of reasons to fire him monday. A tattoo isnt going to push woody over the edge.
 photo c82dba5d-cef7-4044-a308-6f6302c7ad1c.jpg

#5 bitonti

bitonti

Draft Bathroom Attendant

• Members
  • 15,206 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 12:29 PM

Woody isn't gonna pay Rex 6 million to coach another team or be a tv analyst and he's not gonna pay 8 million dollars so Sanchize can hold a clipboard in Oakland.

My posts have to get worse, so they can get better.

#6 T0mShane

T0mShane

When it's over, that's the time I fall in love againlolo

• Members
  • 28,312 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 12:29 PM

Jacksonville is letting their eventual GM fire Mularkey if he so chooses, meaning that we'd be the only team foisting a loser head coach onto a new administration. It's musical chairs right now, and the music just stopped with the Reid hire in KC. DeCosta already turned his nose up at the Jets, and he's likely the only one that would have worked with Rex considering their Baltimore ties. If they decide to dump Rex, they need to do it yesterday, or they'll be shopping from the bargain bin for both the GM and the HC.

Edited by T0mShane, 04 January 2013 - 12:35 PM.

Well, that's the internet, man: 9 billion tough guys who secretly want to touch your pee-pee.

#7 SayNoToDMC

SayNoToDMC

• Members
  • 6,795 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 12:33 PM

Jacksonville is letting their eventual GM fire Mularkey if he so chooses, meaning that we'd be the only team foisting a loser head coach onto a new administration. It's musical chairs right and, and the music just stopped with the Reid hire in KC. DeCosta already turned his nose up at the Jets, and he's likely the only one that would have worked with Rex considering their Baltimore ties. If they decide to dump Rex, they need to do it yesterday, or they'll be shopping from the bargain bin for both the GM and the HC.

Who the **** do you think you are? If Woody wanted your opinion he'd pay you a boat load of money for it

#8 SouthernJet

SouthernJet

Hey, nice marmot!

• Members
  • 31,774 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 12:35 PM

You just became Manish Mehta's anonymous source for his story later today

LOL :1st:
Posted Image

#9 T0mShane

T0mShane

• Members
  • 28,312 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 12:37 PM

Who the **** do you think you are? If Woody wanted your opinion he'd pay you a boat load of money for it

I once headhunted the new AD of Tucson Valley Community College so, naturally, I'm qualified to run your organization.
Well, that's the internet, man: 9 billion tough guys who secretly want to touch your pee-pee.

#10 slats

slats

9 5/8" hands

• Moderators
  • 19,726 posts
  • LocationAcross the Universe

Posted 04 January 2013 - 12:38 PM

The stupid tattoo, real or fake, has absolutely zero impact on the decision to keep Rex here. None.
back in my room
wish you were dead
you bawl like the baby
in Eraserhead

#11 Klecko73isGod

Klecko73isGod

Anchor Salesman

• Members
  • 22,803 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 12:43 PM

Woody isn't gonna pay Rex 6 million to coach another team or be a tv analyst and he's not gonna pay 8 million dollars so Sanchize can hold a clipboard in Oakland.

Woody wouldn't have to pay him if he got an HC job. Wouldn't he only have to pay the difference to make up the six if Rex got a DC job somewhere (which he likely would?)
PatriotReign37, on 10 Sept 2014 - 10:56 AM, said: Oh the ironing.

#12 SayNoToDMC

SayNoToDMC

• Members
  • 6,795 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 12:44 PM

I once headhunted the new AD of Tucson Valley Community College so, naturally, I'm qualified to run your organization.

It's crazy to think teams like KC are making moves without any expert consultation. Guess that's why they're 2-14 and we almost won 2 AFCCG's LOL

#13 T0mShane

T0mShane

• Members
  • 28,312 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 12:45 PM

The stupid tattoo, real or fake, has absolutely zero impact on the decision to keep Rex here. None.

Woody put the gag on the organization and Rex, without even trying, just kept up the rate of humiliation from the Bahamas. Woody is interviewing GM candidates today. You don't think the miasma of public disgrace is hurting the process of finding a new GM?

#14 slats

slats

9 5/8" hands

• Moderators
  • 19,726 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 12:48 PM

Woody put the gag on the organization and Rex, without even trying, just kept up the rate of humiliation from the Bahamas. Woody is interviewing GM candidates today. You don't think the miasma of public disgrace is hurting the process of finding a new GM?

No.

The lower the standards/expectations when new GM comes on board, the higher the praise when he does even the slightest thing well.
back in my room
wish you were dead
you bawl like the baby
in Eraserhead

#15 SayNoToDMC

SayNoToDMC

• Members
  • 6,795 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 12:53 PM

No.

The lower the standards/expectations when new GM comes on board, the higher the praise when he does even the slightest thing well.

I'm sure top GM candidates are thinking "Let me go to a place where the bar is set so low, if I manage not to run a bus full of nuns off the road on my way to Florham Park, I'm ahead of the curve"

#16 T0mShane

T0mShane

• Members
  • 28,312 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 12:54 PM

No.

...what?

#17 JetsFanInDenver

JetsFanInDenver

Franchise Player

• Members
  • 8,627 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 12:54 PM

I have never understood the need for putting graffiti on your own self. And that too stuff that cannot be removed so easily.

But Rex is still a very good coach and has had a lot of success with a awful QB. If Sanchez had just been an average QB this year we would be in the playoffs. So this talk of firing Rex is just stupid.

Guys like Mularkey are in a different boat that Rex. if Mularkey had taken the Jags to AFCG games in two consecutive years no one in Jax would be looking to get rid of him.

#18 slats

slats

9 5/8" hands

• Moderators
  • 19,726 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 12:56 PM

...what?

That's the Parcells model, no?
back in my room
wish you were dead
you bawl like the baby
in Eraserhead

#19 SouthernJet

SouthernJet

Hey, nice marmot!

• Members
  • 31,774 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 12:56 PM

+1000 which is why I think Woody is just saying "hey lets not let this Rex must stay thing I said a few days ago stop you. I can have my mind changed by right candidate"
Posted Image

#20 T0mShane

T0mShane

• Members
  • 28,312 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 01:00 PM

I'm sure top GM candidates are thinking "Let me go to a place where the bar is set so low, if I manage not to run a bus full of nuns off the road on my way to Florham Park, I'm ahead of the curve"

"Gosh, I just got through spending two decades sleeping in Red Roofs across Mississippi and Alabama on a $20 per diem to put myself in position to interview for a GM job! Now, where's that organization with that coach and owner that have become national punchlines?"

Edited by T0mShane, 04 January 2013 - 01:01 PM.

#21 T0mShane

T0mShane

• Members
  • 28,312 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 01:03 PM

That's the Parcells model, no?

Parcells' model is taking $5 mil per from nitwit billionaires in exchange for absolute autonomy which, when even inferentially compromised, he throws his hands up and bails.

#22 bitonti

bitonti

Draft Bathroom Attendant

• Members
  • 15,206 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 01:04 PM

"Gosh, I just got through spending two decades sleeping in Red Roofs across Mississippi and Alabama on a $20 per diem to put myself in position to interview for a GM job! Now, where's that organization with that coach and owner that have become national punchlines?"

if woody keeps Rex and Sanchez 1 year that's acting like a rational human being. He's a billionaire but hopefully he's not a bond villian. if he doesn't throw his money away for 1 year head start on a multi year rebuild, that's probably what most of us would do, being put in the same position. a billion is a thousand million, if you burn through 14 like toilet paper its not gonna last. I don't care about Woody's money but I do think the man has the right to make a good decision for once.

Edited by bitonti, 04 January 2013 - 01:05 PM.

My posts have to get worse, so they can get better.

#23 SayNoToDMC

SayNoToDMC

• Members
  • 6,795 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 01:06 PM

Hope they catch him in a thong later, I can't wait till they see what he's got tattooed on his ass. GM's will be kicking down the door.

Edited by SayNoToDMC, 04 January 2013 - 01:11 PM.

#24 Stonehands

Stonehands

Jet Fan

• Members
  • 2,959 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 01:07 PM

I think you can see with the KC deal how this could happen. KC thought Pioli deserved more time, but changed their mind when their coaching candidate made a request for a different GM. The same thing could happen with us. They are saying that Gamble has a nice relationship with Ryan, but I find it hard to believe that someone willl finally be given a chance to do the job they have wanted and then no want to insert their choice as head coach.

#25 SouthernJet

SouthernJet

Hey, nice marmot!

• Members
  • 31,774 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 01:08 PM

AGREE, this is why I think Woody may back off the Keep Rex thang.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users