JetNation Sits Down With FireJohnIdzik.com

JetNation

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

“We feel like it’s our right and responsibility as shareholders in the Jets to speak up that we’re not happy with our management,” said Jared Koeppel, a native of Teaneck, who started the “Fire John Idzik” campaign with his brother Jason and two other friends midway through the season. The group’s list of grievances against Idzik is long: abominable draft picks, leaving $20 million in salary cap money unspent, bringing in underperforming players at key positions.

Jason Koeppel said that one piece of leverage fans had over the organization and owner Woody Johnson is personal seat licenses, which amount to the right to purchase season tickets for certain seats. Personal seat licenses can run in the tens of thousands of dollars, and many fans financed them through five- or 15-year plans.

“If things don’t change,” Koeppel said, “we are going to lead a movement to default on PSLs, cancel season tickets, and call on our supporters to show Woody Johnson that Jets fans are not going to accept this.”

:rl:   Go ahead and default on your PSL's.  I think that will go over great especially after making your name public.   :rl:  Jets certainly wont go and make you an example or anything.   

I think its cute what you guys did.  Lots of frustration as a jets fan.  But this whole thing is silly.  But at least you had fun.  And if Woody does fire Idzik then you can pat yourself on the back thinking you had an impact.  At the least you now have something to hang on the wall of the Mancave.

Funny stuff

A smashing success even though nobody saw our dishrags

98% of our "scientific sample" agreed with us

Only 2 large tailgates told us to GTFO

We got our names mentioned by our friends in the media, even ray lucas

We are very famous in Teaneck

I now strongly hope that the Jets fire their GM so that these four dopes will finally shut up.and go away with their publicity stunts

Put me down as a member of the cause

SG, these guys were a success and they did work their asses of to do this. I met them and they are fans like us, just decided to make a stand, and they sure drove the point home. I had 100's come by me for towels and could have given out a lot more if I had them. Also, I did see them through out the stadium and there were enough that they were noticeable.

Yeah I traveled this weekend and was unable to literally see one single towel on TV all game. Not even one! For all the noise you guys made the last few weeks this may be the ultimate flop. You guys got the pulse of a dead fish.

I saw a Fire John Idzik shirt once.

Had to be there to see it...

Agreed Flagman... In no way was it a bust. Anybody in the stadium or in the parking lot understands... People who don't buy tickets and sit home complaining on message boards are not the people that this movement was supposed to represent anyway.

These towels were a symbol of a unified message to Woody Johnson from his season ticket holders. We accomplished our goal.

Agreed Flagman... In no way was it a bust. Anybody in the stadium or in the parking lot understands... People who don't buy tickets and sit home complaining on message boards are not the people that this movement was supposed to represent anyway.

These towels were a symbol of a unified message to Woody Johnson from his season ticket holders. We accomplished our goal.

I'm with you and three other members of the "movement"

FIREIDZIK!!

“If things don’t change,” Koeppel said, “we are going to lead a movement to default on PSLs, cancel season tickets, and call on our supporters to show Woody Johnson that Jets fans are not going to accept this.”

Big talk...  Fire John Idzik™ - the North Korea of football fans.

i think the bigger message to Woody was jets fans sold their tickets to their rivals fanbase and didnt care about any protest.

“We feel like it’s our right and responsibility as shareholders in the Jets to speak up that we’re not happy with our management,” said Jared Koeppel, a native of Teaneck, who started the “Fire John Idzik” campaign with his brother Jason and two other friends midway through the season. The group’s list of grievances against Idzik is long: abominable draft picks, leaving $20 million in salary cap money unspent, bringing in underperforming players at key positions.

Jason Koeppel said that one piece of leverage fans had over the organization and owner Woody Johnson is personal seat licenses, which amount to the right to purchase season tickets for certain seats. Personal seat licenses can run in the tens of thousands of dollars, and many fans financed them through five- or 15-year plans.

:rl:   Go ahead and default on your PSL's.  I think that will go over great especially after making your name public.   :rl:  Jets certainly wont go and make you an example or anything.   

I think its cute what you guys did.  Lots of frustration as a jets fan.  But this whole thing is silly.  But at least you had fun.  And if Woody does fire Idzik then you can pat yourself on the back thinking you had an impact.  At the least you now have something to hang on the wall of the Mancave.

As far as leverage, I think the leverage is actually with the team. If you default, you forfeit any money paid, which can be up to the full amount for those who paid in full, and the jets get to keep the money and resell the asset. The Jets have pretty much locked fans up to buying the tix every year or lose the psl money they have paid. That doesn't seem to me like the fan has the leverage.

I would actually use them to clean up after a movement. So no fear, they definitely will go to good use at stalls and commodes all over the TriState area.

Bye the way, my personal season ticket account goes back 34 years- how about you?

I would actually use them to clean up after a movement. So no fear, they definitely will go to good use at stalls and commodes all over the TriState area.

Bye the way, my personal season ticket account goes back 34 years- how about you?

That would probably clog your toilet most homeowner toilets wouldn't handle a sopping wet towel with feces on it good luck with that. 

Archived