At least we'll never be THIS bad...

DaBallhawk

I'll take the Bucs roster and Winston. 

Just saying.

Ha. Doesn't work that way. You can't just take their roster. With Tampa you get the whole sh*tpackage, including the terrible front office/coaching/ownership. The roster itself isn't bad. Infact they've got a sh*tload of ~25 year old studs on that team.

They won a super bowl relatively recently and seem to be headed in the right direction again as we speak...not sure we should be mocking them tbh

They won half as many games as the Jets did last year? How is that "headed in the right direction?" They won half as many games as the Jets won the year before that. How is that "heading in the right direction?"

The Jets are bad. The Bucs are G-d awful. 

Another pathetic stat - three QBs drafted by the Bucs have gone on to win Super Bowls for other teams - Doug Williams, Steve Young, Trent Dilfer. 

I was about to say, the stat is a little misleading.  They've signed second contracts and had very successful careers, just not with the Bucs. 

One of the most pathetic NFL related facts/stats I've read in years I think. Sorry, Tampa.

One might read that as Bucs GM moving on admitting mistakes rather than Jets GM w/Sanchez over paying on another contract for mediocre play. I ask you, 'Which is worse'?

One might read that as Bucs GM moving on admitting mistakes rather than Jets GM w/Sanchez over paying on another contract for mediocre play. I ask you, 'Which is worse'?

Admitting mistakes? Every year? Every single QB they ever drafted? You compare that to us extending Sanchez? It was an incredibly stupid move without a doubt, but I don't see how these two are even comparable.

They won half as many games as the Jets did last year? How is that "headed in the right direction?" They won half as many games as the Jets won the year before that. How is that "heading in the right direction?"

The Jets are bad. The Bucs are G-d awful.

Year 2 with a coach that is more proven than our coach ( I like Boles but that's a fact )...higher draft pick and a better roster...not really worth arguing anout it but it is a very reasonable statement I made that they look to be headed in the right direction.

Year 2 with a coach that is more proven than our coach ( I like Boles but that's a fact )...higher draft pick and a better roster...not really worth arguing anout it but it is a very reasonable statement I made that they look to be headed in the right direction.

They won 4 games in 2013. They won 2 in 2014. 

And you think they are headed in the right direction?

You and I have very different definitions of that cliche. 

They won 4 games in 2013. They won 2 in 2014.

And you think they are headed in the right direction?

You and I have very different definitions of that cliche.

So by that standard the Bills are headed in the right direction and the Jets are not right ?

I'll take the Bucs roster and Winston. 

Just saying.

I'd rather take Jets roster and Glennon. The Bucs problem isn't the QB spot. Their problem is that offensive line, some untimely penalties and WR's with a mean case of the dropsies. 

As a side comment, I've been watching alot of Bucs the past couple days and Lavonte David is just incredible. 

So by that standard the Bills are headed in the right direction and the Jets are not right ?

Please explain how the Bucs are headed in the right direction?

They won 4 games, then 2 games and don't have a quarterback. 

Based on advanced metrics they had the worst offense in the NFL last year. http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/teamoff

Based on raw statistics they were 30th in yards and 29th in scoring. As bad as the Jets offense was, we were better than the Bucs at literally EVERYTHING.

Right direction? The Bucs were historically bad. So bad that they earned the number one overall pick in the draft.

Right direction.

In Bizarro World the Bucs are headed in the right direction.  

Based on advanced metrics they had the worst offense in the NFL last year. http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/teamoff

Based on raw statistics they were 30th in yards and 29th in scoring. As bad as the Jets offense was, we were better than the Bucs at literally EVERYTHING.

Right direction? The Bucs were historically bad. So bad that they earned the number one overall pick in the draft.

Right direction.

He said the Bills.

They won a super bowl relatively recently and seem to be headed in the right direction again as we speak...not sure we should be mocking them tbh

Exactly, Bucs fans mock the Jets for 46 years of ineptitude.

Jets fans need to stick with mocking teams like the Brown and Lions.

Based on advanced metrics they had the worst offense in the NFL last year. http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/teamoff

Right direction.

Wow , you took an innocent comment,," the Bucs seem to be headed in the right direction " and turned it into this?..your bored aren't you?...yes the Bucs in my mind have a good coach, some good young players, and the # 1 overall pick to grab a QB ...and they have no qb but half of Jet nation are salivating at the idea of trading for glennon.( not me by the way )....and you never answered my question , if last years win total is the only basis of whether or not a team is headed in the right direction then obviously the Bills are in WAY better shape than we are right?

Wow , you took an innocent comment,," the Bucs seem to be headed in the right direction " and turned it into this?..your bored aren't you?...yes the Bucs in my mind have a good coach, some good young players, and the # 1 overall pick to grab a QB ...and they have no qb but half of Jet nation are salivating at the idea of trading for glennon.( not me by the way )....and you never answered my question , if last years win total is the only basis of whether or not a team is headed in the right direction then obviously the Bills are in WAY better shape than we are right?

That wasn't the question you asked but I'll play along. Of course last year's win total is not the only basis. 

The Bucs won fewer games last year with the guy you said is a good coach, which was half the number they won the previous year with their sh*tty coach and arguably a worse roster. It's called "context."

Archived