FireJohnIdzik.com hires another banner plane (MERGED)

JETSfaninNE

I read this and I thought you said:

The best thing to do is to turn it around and start beating the Pats and jumping over them in the stands. Then no need for banners

I thought you were proposing hand to hand combat, lol. Damn I need to get my eyes checked.   :)

I know Faba will throw bows, but Tom will just run. 

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's one thing to take shots at your own team over mismanagement, its quite another to do something like this.

This is as bad as the Fake Spike or the no-show in Pittsburgh, just humiliatingly stupid.  The clowns that flew this banner are making a joke out of the Jets and embarrassing their fans.  Pathetic.

SAR I

Lighten up Francis. Nothing horrible has happened. Take a bath n change your girdle

Yea but a few of those people who didn't like it would have a problem with me if I helped an old lady across the street and then climbed a tree to save a kitten.... They just don't like me... And as we all know, social media and message boards do not necessarilly represent real life...

It must be hard being so persecuted.

Guess we know who the Brady fruit was talking about. And of course being a pats fan goes over the top with

The damage this does to the NY Jets brand is astounding.

I am humiliated to be a Jets fan today, and after what we've been through that's saying a lot. What a pathetic couple of fans and what a pathetic gesture. Nothing says "loser" more than the high school dork celebrating the prom king spilling his milk in the cafeteria.

SAR I

It's one thing to take shots at your own team over mismanagement, its quite another to do something like this.

This is as bad as the Fake Spike or the no-show in Pittsburgh, just humiliatingly stupid. The clowns that flew this banner are making a joke out of the Jets and embarrassing their fans. Pathetic.

SAR I

The only time I'll ever say something nice about Jets fans...

I went over to their board to read the comments about this cheaters banner, and the vast majority are embarassed by it and think it was childish and stupid.

They've been upgraded from that slimey junk that builds up in your garbage disposal to the crusty stuff on my shoe

Exactly, when Arod isn't in Texas or Seattle it's low class and inappropriate. Arod was never an Oriole.

The spirals featured grown women, usually professional strippers, and I wandered over there a total of 3 times before they shut it down. And it was because I had a friend who smoked. Otherwise, never went over there during halftime because that's where the degenerates hang out. This thing was going on for 10 years I was a season ticket holder with seats right by Gate D and I was oblivious to it until the last few weeks of its existence.

SAR I

Does the third time really still qualify as wandering over?

What do you do for a living? Honest question...

I sit in a cubicle and I update bank software for the 2000 switch. See, they wrote all this bank software, and, uh, to save space, they used two digits for the date instead of four. So, like, 98 instead of 1998? Uh, so I go through these thousands of lines of code and, uh... it doesn't really matter.

+1

This is a nightmare.  With Fireman Ed, he sat a whole stadium level away and all I had to do is go to the bathroom and I wouldn't have to deal with him at all.  These endless, self-serving public gestures and this endless self-promotion in a discussion forum just simply has to stop.  It's worse than email spam.

The Fire Idzik thing was cool.  The rest is shark jumping at its finest.

SAR I

Ironic sar is ironic.

The whole slap fight between you and the banner guy reminds me of those community theatre types that don't realize that it's community theatre. You're obviously Sandy Lyle.

Does the third time really still qualify as wandering over?

It was a minor curiosity, trust me.  I'd had my fill of naked strippers the night before each time, my buddy from California always saw to that.

SAR I

Ironic sar is ironic.

The whole slap fight between you and the banner guy reminds me of those community theatre types that don't realize that it's community theatre.

I wouldn't mind the shameful shilling if it weren't on the backs of Jets fans.  I can't think of another team whose management allows this kind of thing, anyone with a fire hat or a single-engine aircraft allowed to soil the brand like this I guess, all to make a buck off of the very fans they pretend to "represent".

SAR I

Ha... Sar.. You are going to give me business advice now?

Sure, happy to.

If you want to make your living off of the social side of the internet, you don't pick something only of seasonal interest, you don't pick something in a crowded space, and you don't pick something that's been tried and already failed.  Jets are only relevant 5 months a year.  Between Twitter, Facebook, blogs, sports radio, and other forums, Jets talk is saturated.  Fireman Ed tried to be the "voice of the fan" and was ousted after a bad decision.

So think of something in a vacant space, something with year-round interest, and something that hasn't been attempted.  Those are the keys to finding a business model that can produce some real income.  Like soap-on-a-rope.  There are no forums, no blogs, its not seasonal, no one has ever attempted to put the power of social media behind soap-on-a-rope before.

Whether successful or a failure, it's going to be better than what you're (repeatedly) trying now to little (no) success and a (ton of) negative backlash.

SAR I

Sure, happy to.

If you want to make your living off of the social side of the internet, you don't pick something only of seasonal interest, you don't pick something in a crowded space, and you don't pick something that's been tried and already failed.  Jets are only relevant 5 months a year.  Between Twitter, Facebook, blogs, sports radio, and other forums, Jets talk is saturated.  Fireman Ed tried to be the "voice of the fan" and was ousted after a bad decision.

So think of something in a vacant space, something with year-round interest, and something that hasn't been attempted.  Those are the keys to finding a business model that can produce some real income.  Like soap-on-a-rope.  There are no forums, no blogs, its not seasonal, no one has ever attempted to put the power of social media behind soap-on-a-rope before.

Whether successful or a failure, it's going to be better than what you're (repeatedly) trying now to little (no) success and a (ton of) negative backlash.

SAR I

Oh man that would make for a great Twitter account.

I sit in a cubicle and I update bank software for the 2000 switch. See, they wrote all this bank software, and, uh, to save space, they used two digits for the date instead of four. So, like, 98 instead of 1998? Uh, so I go through these thousands of lines of code and, uh... it doesn't really matter.

i was going to go with jim halperts first talking head from the office pilot about types of copy paper an quantities, but this was much better

Sar... I own a very successful (non-Jets related company)... That is how I make a living... Your advice is worth exactly what i paid for it - nothing.

That said - I noticed you didn't answer my question.. What do you do for a living?

What kind of company do you own?

Someday I hope to be successful. It always seems to avoid me though. :)

How every Jets fan here doesn't support all of the efforts that the Fire Idzik crew has put forth is truly beyond me. The only thing that I can see it being is jealousy-that THEY didn't think of it, that THEY can't afford to do it, that some OTHER Jets fan is somehow calling all of this attention to themselves just ain't FAIR!!! They should be seen as the moral center of this group of sad but fair-playing losers-BULLSPIT! I'm sick of the way the Jets are shown from draft day and all of the attention seekers who slap their foreheads in disgust after every 1st round draft pick since forever-just to make it on ESPN or the NFLN. How many times has ESPN and the other shown Mark Sanchez smashing into fattie's fat ass and the Patriot hero running it in for a TD? How many times do we have to watch Tom Brady smiling as the confetti snows down on his cheating head that the pundits finally got right in their yearly SB predictions.

Nice guys finish last and I'm sick of being the loveable loser who is OK as long as they beat New England once a year-because WE PLAY FAIR!!! Hey Fire Idzik guys-keep on doing what you're doing you make THIS Jets fan proud and happy with your passion and hatred of the status quo. 

I have zero jealousy of these guys.  I found what they did previously to be pathetic and lame.  I found this to be kinda stupid but enjoyed it more with how much panties got knotted in a bunch over it.  It has nothing to do with playing fair. I would love to win a Super Bowl and the Pats play golf every january.  but planes and billboards and stupid towels arent going to somehow make the team good.

Some love it.  Some hate it.  Thats life.

I wouldn't mind the shameful shilling if it weren't on the backs of Jets fans.  I can't think of another team whose management allows this kind of thing, anyone with a fire hat or a single-engine aircraft allowed to soil the brand like this I guess, all to make a buck off of the very fans they pretend to "represent".

SAR I

So, you're richie rich rich, but don't like capitalism.

it is a full service advertising agency. We do marketing, PR, graphic design and printing. Shocker - I know... Lol

:)

You must be doing alright. I read on the internet that you own a whole fleet of planes. If I read it on the internet I know it must be true.

Archived