Roster changes you would like to see for preseason game 3

bealeb319

Last night against Atlanta it almost looked like some of the backups were outperforming the starters, Some players I think should get a chance in the starting rotation next week are Marcus Williams replacing Cromartie, Cro is talented but has been playing much slower than he has in the past (he should be ahead of the curve on the defensive plays as he played last season under Bowels, Williams has been playing very well throughout the preseason and I wouldn't mind seeing how he looks paired up with Revis against opposing starters. I would like to see how Kerley looks in the slot with Marshal and Decker in on the sides, Enunwa and Evans haven't really done much in the preseason to hold onto a starting position in my opinion and having Kerley out there with the starters might help Fitz a bit. (wouldn't mind seeing Posey get his hands wet in the starting rotation either, he had a nice TD reception last night). Rontez Miles had a great game against the Falcons and I think they should rotate between him and Pryor in week 3 that way they are giving Pryor a chance to step up and Miles experience with the first team incase things don't work out.

Thoughts?

Bryce Petty with the starters and Fitzpatrick holding a clipboard where he belongs.

Bryce Petty would be a disaster if the Jets even thought of starting him in the next two years. He has a long long long way to go before you can think of him honestly starting him.( has to learn so much - so far behind where an NFL Qb needs to be). The Jet coaching staff are under no illusions that isn't the case.

Yes he didn't look that bad yesterday, but if you think he's going to see that vanilla defense in the regular season, that he saw yesterday, than you're fooling yourself. See Browning Nagle remember how good he looked in preseason too, only to get exposed big time when defenses became more complicated.

I guarantee Bryce Petty the next game is going to struggle big time. ( he been struggling all training camp) and I think yesterday success was more the Falcons backups on defense aren't that good.,

Bryce Petty would be a disaster if the Jets even thought of starting him in the next two years. He has a long long long way to go before you can think of him honestly starting him.( has to learn so much - so far behind where an NFL Qb needs to be). The Jet coaching staff are under no illusions that isn't the case.

Yes he didn't look that bad yesterday, but if you think he's going to see that vanilla defense in the regular season, that he saw yesterday, than you're fooling yourself. See Browning Nagle remember how good he looked in preseason too, only to get exposed big time when defenses became more complicated.

I guarantee Bryce Petty the next game is going to struggle big time. ( he been struggling all training camp) and I think yesterday success was more the Falcons backups on defense aren't that good.,

Yeah, he be struggling all,training camp.

Your whole team blows and you run to a jet board after they play to lecture us about our backup QB.

You know that poll you started where 93% of the people said no to Petty? Shouldn't that give you a hint?

More often than not most vote treating it as a popularity contest and want to do what a friend did or afraid to voice their real opinion succumb to peer pressure. 

Vote or no vote Petty looks a helluva lot better than Fitzpatrick ever did. 

don't know why anyone wouldn't want to see Petty play with the starters against a #1 defense. kid looked pretty awesome last night. whats going to happen, he doesn't play well and stays as the #3?

The 3rd preseason game is where you start the starters for at least the first half and game plan as if you would the regular season. Fitzpatrick is the starter, therefore, he's going to start. Petty is an unpolished rookie who's never played in a pro style offense who needs TIME to truly progress.

Why when he's not going to be starting week 1? Shouldn't our starting Qb get as many reps as he can with the 1's? Fitz has had less than 2 full weeks practicing with the starters.

Ive seen enough of Fitz haven't you the guy sucks and is not the answer for this team.

Bryce Petty with the starters and Fitzpatrick holding a clipboard where he belongs. 

That would be one bad move. Let's not rush Petty, and although Fitzpatrick isn't great he also doesn't do dumb things to kill us like the qbs we've had for last few years.

I just think coples is a defensive end, I think he would be part of an amazing rotation with Wilkerson, Richardson and Williams. I'd like to see mauldin start at olb and Trevor reily could get some snaps too. I also like the way to rontez miles is playing. Petty was great but I will continue to insist that he should not see the field as a started for at least 1 season minimum. I believe sitting a qb especially one that's not a first round supposed can't miss prospect is the right way to go.

The penalties bothered me but they really need to clean up the defensive communication since Bowles indicated that's where a lot of the big plays are coming from.

Ive seen enough of Fitz haven't you the guy sucks and is not the answer for this team.

85 QBR, 68 % completion, 9 yards a completion. 0 turnovers. He didn't light the world on fire obviously, but wtf is wrong with that stat line for a guy with less than 2 full weeks of practice with the players he's playing with?

Petty threw a pass right at a safety he didn't even see who should've picked it off, not to mention fumbled the football. 

Fitzpatrick is doing exactly what I expected from him. Play uninspired football but not make too many mistakes. I just didn't know his arm was this bad. We really do need geno back but I have always been a geno guy so this isn't me changing my mind.

85 QBR, 68 % completion, 9 yards a completion. 0 turnovers. He didn't light the world on fire obviously, but wtf is wrong with that stat line for a guy with less than 2 full weeks of practice with the players he's playing with?

Petty threw a pass right at a safety he didn't even see who should've picked it off, not to mention fumbled the football. 

Fitzpatrick has led the Jets in 2 weeks to 3 points and 0 touchdowns.

Fitzpatrick is doing exactly what I expected from him. Play uninspired football but not make too many mistakes. I just didn't know his arm was this bad. We really do need geno back but I have always been a geno guy so this isn't me changing my mind.

Agree hes a weak armed QB who doesn't score points the reason he's been with so many teams. 

Fitzpatrick has led the Jets in 2 weeks to 3 points and 0 touchdowns.

Agree hes a weak armed QB who doesn't score points the reason he's been with so many teams. 

Wasn't his last drive yesterday a TD drive? And then completed a 2-point conversion?

He played one series last week, give me a break lol

Fitzpatricks 95 QBR and 17 to 8 TD:INT ratio looks pretty good doesn't it JW?

FItz's last drive yesterday with the #1 offense was a touchdown drive and he indeed completed a 2 point conversion. 

I provided you with a link to his pre season statistics 0 TDs  

Ivory 33 yard run Fitzpatrick 2 point conversion to Marshall 

Archived