Which 0-2 teams have most to worry about?

jamesr

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

nobody expected the Bears to do anything this year ditto for the Texans.

Eagles were predicted to either win the Nfc East or get a wildcard and make a run.  Their season is quickly turning into an abomination.

The topic is about which teams have the most to worry about, not which teams had the highest expectations.  There's a decent chance the Eagles can still turn this around with the talent they have.  There's little hope for Houston, and less for Chicago.

The topic is about which teams have the most to worry about, not which teams had the highest expectations.  There's a decent chance the Eagles can still turn this around with the talent they have.  There's little hope for Houston, and less for Chicago.

I disagree the Eagles have absolutely no hope.  Their defense is horrible and Bradford stinks.  They would lose to the Texans and probably even to Da Bears.

I disagree the Eagles have absolutely no hope.  Their defense is horrible and Bradford stinks.  They would lose to the Texans and probably even to Da Bears.

Bradford hadn't played a game of football for nearly 2 calendar years.  Giving up on him this early would be a mistake.  The defense is a real concern, especially if Kiko is done for the season, but I think the offense will start to work itself out.  We always talk about how bad a team's offensive line is early in a season, then later they magically fix themselves later on.  Happens every year.  I think the Eagle O-line will be fine as well as Bradford.

is that really how that went down? Lol geez I didn't see that...yea that is strange to say the least.

That's how it was being reported on Philly sports radio at the time.  Some speculation that Bradford got involved too since he played with Murray in college, but when do you ever see a player get a huge contract who was generating little to no interest for the most part until he reached out to the team?  Again, may have played out differently, but there were some Chip detractors going crazy when it happened since he went from non-target to huge contract overnight.

Oh, and they're waiting for MRI today to find out of Kiko Alonso has a torn ACL.  Dumped both their starting guards in favor of journeymen who have been beaten like a drum.

kelly obviously thought that his quick-strike approach meant he didn't need pricey guards, just weapons and hold the fort OL. Funny how arrogant he was in assuming the standard model was beneath him. Demarco Murray must be a broken man right now. 

kelly obviously thought that his quick-strike approach meant he didn't need pricey guards, just weapons and hold the fort OL. Funny how arrogant he was in assuming the standard model was beneath him. Demarco Murray must be a broken man right now. 

Saw Murray screaming at the sidelines a few times yesterday as he came off the field.  He got his money so I'm sure he's happy at the end of the day, but he's gonna' be pretty pissed on game days.

Although I said the Ravens have the most to worry about right now; long term it is the Eagles. 

Prior to yesterday, the worst offenses I have ever seen wore Jets uniforms under the Rex Ryan regime. But yesterday, I could not believe what I saw from the Eagles. Within a single second of the ball being snapped Cowboys defenders were in Philly's backfield tackling Murray, it was jaw dropping. I had never seen an offense look so impotent as this one. It stands along side performances of the 2012 Jets. 

It's like Kelly was a secret agent sent in to sabotage the organization; he got rid of really talented players, took greater GM powers and looks to have sabotaged this organization. He will be back in college within a year or two. 

Although I said the Ravens have the most to worry about right now; long term it is the Eagles. 

Prior to yesterday, the worst offenses I have ever seen wore Jets uniforms under the Rex Ryan regime. But yesterday, I could not believe what I saw from the Eagles. Within a single second of the ball being snapped Cowboys defenders were in Philly's backfield tackling Murray, it was jaw dropping. I had never seen an offense look so impotent as this one. It stands along side performances of the 2012 Jets. 

I was in a bar full of Eagles fans and they were literally in disbelief.  Over the past few weeks there have been several well known pundits saying the Eagles were Super Bowl bound.  Vegas had them at 8-1 when the season started (25-1 now) and they couldn't believe what they were seeing.  They just stopped reacting to the game and either pretended it wasn't on, or watched in silence.  It was strange.

I was in a bar full of Eagles fans and they were literally in disbelief.  Over the past few weeks there have been several well known pundits saying the Eagles were Super Bowl bound.  Vegas had them at 8-1 when the season started (25-1 now) and they couldn't believe what they were seeing.  They just stopped reacting to the game and either pretended it wasn't on, or watched in silence.  It was strange.

I never understood the hype around the Eagles, I expected them to compete for the playoffs but I had no idea where the SB predictions were coming from. Kelly let so much talent go from this team and brought in an injury waiting to happen to start at QB. I've never seen a run-blocking offensive line look so bad. If not for garbage time Demarco Murray would have finished with NEGATIVE yards on the ground, he ended the game with 2 yes TWO net yards on the ground. 

On a side note and an example of complete and utter douchebaggery..something from the bar yesterday that I figured I'd share.

No exaggeration whatsoever, it was a Miller's Ale House with, I believe they said 60 TV screens.  I wanted to watch the Eagles game but also wanted to see the end of the Bills/Pats.  I'm watching the game with my buddy and I look around and of the 60 TV's, 57 of them have the Eagles on and the other three are Pats/Bills. 

The TV directly in front of us had Bills/Pats and both TVs, one to the left and one to the right, had Eagles/Cowboys.  Then, the dude next to me complains to the bartender that the TV to his left doesn't have the Eagles Cowboys game on so they switch it for him.  Seriously...we're five feet away from three televisions and the dude complains that one of them isn't showing the same game that the other two are showing and they change it for  him.  I was in total disbelief.  Then, to top it off, he gets up and leaves half way through the first quarter.

I never understood the hype around the Eagles, I expected them to compete for the playoffs but I had no idea where the SB predictions were coming from. Kelly let so much talent go from this team and brought in an injury waiting to happen to start at QB. I've never seen a run-blocking offensive line look so bad. If not for garbage time Demarco Murray would have finished with NEGATIVE yards on the ground, he ended the game with 2 yes TWO net yards on the ground. 

Yep, he had the 11-yard run that got him from minus-9 yards to 2 rushing yards.

He had everyone believing that they way to improve your team was to dump all of your best players.  It may work out in the end but I've said since last season, he'll go down as the biggest genius or the biggest idiot to coach in the NFL in decades.

I am leaning toward idiot at this stage of the proceedings. Lesean McCoy, DeSean Jackson, Mathis....  3 excellent offensive playmakers gone and what did they get in return?   He better pray Alonso just has a sprained knee..... 

I am leaning toward idiot at this stage of the proceedings. Lesean McCoy, DeSean Jackson, Mathis....  3 excellent offensive playmakers gone and what did they get in return?   He better pray Alonso just has a sprained knee..... 

Don't forget Maclin.

The lions and ravens are the two teams who should fear they are setting the tone for a bad season. The lions always have the packers as a thorn in their side much like with do with the pats but if they are struggling in their own division then they are going to feel that wildcard spot slipping away. That's even more true for the ravens who face a still competitive steelers team and the bengals who might run away with that division. If the ravens are losing to teams like the raiders that isn't setting the tone that they will be a team to bounce back and overcome the rest of the schedule.

Seattle overcomes their current record, no problem.

The Ravens team will be fine as they Open up on the road the first two games.  The Ravens defense shutdown a very good Denver Broncos offense , and faced a Raiders offense that is going to be one of the top offenses by season end.     They could be easily 2-0 , but they lost two close games( two different type of games) on the road.( there is no shame in that).

Ravens - They have a tough division with Cincy and Pitt in it. Won't be easy for them to win the division or get a Wild Card for that matter. 

Eagles - Terrible Offensive Line with not enough play makers. Can't see them winning the division or making the playoffs. Giants stink but they showed they are ahead of Eagles at this point. 

Lions - Not a good start. Don't see them catching the Packs but maybe a Wild Card. 

Their o-line was lousy when it came to pass blocking last season too.  When it comes to run-blocking....could the loss of James Carpenter be partly to blame there?

could be, I never really paid attention to their pass protection too much, because Russell is always running around doing his thing.

could be, I never really paid attention to their pass protection too much, because Russell is always running around doing his thing.

Yep.  Having a mobile QB makes pass protection concerns seem less critical.  Especially since they've been carried by their running game and defense.  But its coming back to haunt them a bit now that the defense has lost some people, and especially will hurt when Marshawn finally starts showing his age.  In the Super Bowl the Patriots had 3 sacks, and so far this season they've allowed 8 sacks.  They won't be able to afford all those setbacks on offense if their defense and running game aren't basically perfect like they've been the last 2 years.  Jimmy Graham hasn't been able to be Jimmy Graham because he's forced to stay in and help block.

You have to look at that line though....Murray has had zero room to run.  Like I said in the stat above, six times yesterday he was wrapped up in the backfield.  There were times you could literally see Philly's whole O-line being pushed into the backfield. 

Just heard a stat that Demarco Murray had six carries that went for negative yards yesterday.

He had 6 yesterday and Curtis Martin had 4 negative carries for his entire career.

Think about that. Murray had 6 in one game. Martin had 4 in all of those years.

Now granted I just made that up. But still it sounds possible, right? 

He had 6 yesterday and Curtis Martin had 4 negative carries for his entire career.

Think about that. Murray had 6 in one game. Martin had 4 in all of those years.

Now granted I just made that up. But still it sounds possible, right? 

Totally plausible.

The Ravens team will be fine as they Open up on the road the first two games.  The Ravens defense shutdown a very good Denver Broncos offense , and faced a Raiders offense that is going to be one of the top offenses by season end.     They could be easily 2-0 , but they lost two close games( two different type of games) on the road.( there is no shame in that).

There's always shame in losing to Oakland.

Archived