Jets have 42 penalties this year, only 1 team has fewer

Jetman55

The Jets have done a nice job of reducing penalties this season -- only 42, tied for second in the NFL. The team...

This is one of the many nice changes from the Rex days.  This shows the team has bought into Bowles' coaching.  Bowles is in his first year, as is Mac, meaning they are n charge of "mostly" the previous regime's players...but the same players that were among the league leaders in penalties are now among the league's best.  Very well done by Bowles and staff, IMO.

2 of the crews the jets had just let 'em play.  it is nice tho

Any other year, that awesome hit by Skrine would have been called it felt like.  It did to me anyway.  I remember the flag being thrown and I knew it was on Skrine...and it wasn't.  Sucked he hurt his shoulder though...

Any other year, that awesome hit by Skrine would have been called it felt like.  It did to me anyway.  I remember the flag being thrown and I knew it was on Skrine...and it wasn't.  Sucked he hurt his shoulder though...

why? Clean hit, no helmet, didn't leave his feet.

I still don't know how Chung got away with pulling Cumberlands arm down in the endzone. Absolutely PI by the book, like I've said before I have a friend that was was right there at the game (Pats fan), his section couldn't believe he didn't get called.

Said it was very obvious. You know why it wasn't called? Because it was Cumberland! Had that been any big time TE in this league, Gronk, Graham, ect. The refs would not ignore it! Sad but true. Points are hard to come by on the road, that call gets made it's most likely another 4 points for Jets. In that game Sunday, it was a huge missed call, especially on replay you see two idiot refs looking right at the play. If I go back to recent losses in Gillette, there always seems to be SOMETHING. Anyone remember 2 years ago, the phantom PI on 3rd down called by a ref 25 yards off the ball down the sideline?

Yea, we lost that game by a game ending Gostkowski FG. Gets tiring after a while.

I still don't know how Chung got away with pulling Cumberlands arm down in the endzone. Absolutely PI by the book, like I've said before I have a friend that was was right there at the game (Pats fan), his section couldn't believe he didn't get called.

Said it was very obvious. You know why it wasn't called? Because it was Cumberland! Had that been any big time TE in this league, Gronk, Graham, ect. The refs would not ignore it! Sad but true. Points are hard to come by on the road, that call gets made it's most likely another 4 points for Jets. In that game Sunday, it was a huge missed call, especially on replay you see two idiot refs looking right at the play. If I go back to recent losses in Gillette, there always seems to be SOMETHING. Anyone remember 2 years ago, the phantom PI on 3rd down called by a ref 25 yards off the ball down the sideline?

Yea, we lost that game by a game ending Gostkowski FG. Gets tiring after a while.

That PI on Wilson where the ref was on it and didn't call it. Terrible call. Hill had a chance to catch a third down pass in that game though that would put us in a good spot.

e993c9711e43531df6de78348efe1817.jpg

no conspiracy but how about going to replay on the Marshall lateral and not overturning that call vs. philly?

there are bad calls in the nfl. If you are looking for them you will find them. They are more memorable than the good calls. The fact that there are bad calls doesnt by itself mean refs are bad any more than striking out doesnt automatically mean a hitter sucks. Its necessary to consider things in context of bigger picture.

there are bad calls in the nfl. If you are looking for them you will find them. They are more memorable than the good calls. The fact that there are bad calls doesnt by itself mean refs are bad any more than striking out doesnt automatically mean a hitter sucks. Its necessary to consider things in context of bigger picture.

hard to miss an obvious call like that while watching on replay.

Archived