Cimini: Gap between Fitz and Geno wider than ever

AFJF

What exactly is your criteria then? If you're grading him on a Rodgers scale then yeah- probably not good. But in context with the other 32 QB's in football this year he's been good. He's like 10th in DVOA, top 7 in QBR...what's the Sperm QB grade look like?

So only Aaron Rodgers is better than Fitzpatrick? He's been fine, but in no way has he been particularly good.

The cutesy metrics stats aside, he's turned the ball over a lot so far, while chiefly facing inferior defenses and throwing to comparatively superior WR talent; he stares down his receivers; he rarely even looks at his 2nd WR in his progressions (with Fitz it goes primary read, then checkdown or run), leaving a number of points (and first downs) on the field; and he makes some very poor panic decisions (e.g. just recently, throwing a short pass to the middle of the field when we can't stop the clock, or not sliding to get non-crucial extra yards when he's already past the 1st down marker).

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You must be joking, what did he do? Throw into double or triple coverage on that play? You would think that a 3rd year player would know that and instead throw to a 2nd option...the guy will never get it.

You realize that Fitz has done that on multiple occasions in particular to Devin Smith?  How long has he been in the league? 

You realize that Fitz has done that on multiple occasions in particular to Devin Smith?  How long has he been in the league? 

I honestly can't remember Smith getting double or triple coverage.  What I do remember is Smith and Fitz having communication problems.  I also noticed before he got hurt again Smith's reps dropping.  

I honestly can't remember Smith getting double or triple coverage.  What I do remember is Smith and Fitz having communication problems.  I also noticed before he got hurt again Smith's reps dropping.  

Fitz has also thrown to Marshall in double coverage on multiple occasions.  Sometimes Marshall made the play other times either it was knocked down or intercepted.  I am not here to defend Smith, just to make the Point that Fitz has had some poor throws and or decisions with the ball as well and he is a 10 year vet and a full preseason as the starter under him.  

You must be joking, what did he do? Throw into double or triple coverage on that play? You would think that a 3rd year player would know that and instead throw to a 2nd option...the guy will never get it.

Explain why Fitz has done it too.  Did it against the Eagles, did it against others.  11 years int he league.  Peytons done it, 18 years in the league.

There are reasons hes struggled, that he threw on into coverage, once in that game, isnt one of them

Fitz has also thrown to Marshall in double coverage on multiple occasions.  Sometimes Marshall made the play other times either it was knocked down or intercepted.  I am not here to defend Smith, just to make the Point that Fitz has had some poor throws and or decisions with the ball as well and he is a 10 year vet and a full preseason as the starter under him.  

My point was you specifically said "in particular to Devin Smith".  I don't remember that happening.

Don't want to get into a Fitz Vs smith thing here.  The CS has already resolved that   

I happen to know that Geno has ADD, takes medicine for it & you can imagine how that affects a QB that has to make split second decisions. His mind wanders & he can't stay focused on the task at hand. There is a reason why he makes the worst decisions that utmost worst time. I guarantee you he's a horrible chess player & Fitz is a Chess king.

Fitz understands what's needed based on down & distance. He knows how to use his cadence to keep defenders at bay. He knows how to realign a TE, or RB to force the defense to commit so he has a better chance of figuring out what the defense is trying to do. The only thing he's really done poorly this year is not sliding to protect himself. But he controls the LOS & the team looks so much more professional. 

And I wanted Geno to be the answer. He's not cut out to be an NFL starter, he's way too inconsistent. I think he'll be a career backup in a Jason Campbell, Matt Moore, Chad Henne mold.

<cough> bullesh*t <cough>

Sometimes you make that throw to a guy like Brandon. The propensity of it being caught or a PI is not too bad, and if it's picked it's a glorified punt. There was a study years ago between Sanchez and Eli. They were both essentially the same QB numbers wise but Eli obviously had more success. The reason was the majority of Eli's turnovers were downfield and Sanchez was throwing picks to lineman. My point it when turnovers are happening deep to a beast receiver, they're not as devastating.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The whole thing is bizarre. Fitzpatrick is not that good, and the fact that Geno is so bad that he can't even beat out a one-handed Fitz says something. What a complete bust. It's not wasting the second round pick on him that hurts, that was worth the risk; it's that we wasted two years trying to figure out if he could be a starter when in hindsight it was obvious earlier.

He should have just been cut this offseason because we needed the roster space to keep searching for a guy. The Jets need to just keep throwing darts at a board over and over and over in the draft and FA until they find something that works. Defense or no defense, we are simply never going to have any sort sustained success until we find a quarterback.

Use all 7 picks on quarterbacks ever single year until you get one. **** it.

Also, this right here:

Still, the Jets are going with a somewhat limited Fitzpatrick over a full-speed (or close to it) Smith. Is Smith disappointed about this? 

"Yes and no," he said. "I understand what's going on, but at the same time, you still want to play. As a player, you want to play. You want to be out there. You want to have a chance. But I understand what's going on, so I'm not really that disappointed about that part of it."

Just a prime example of what the dude is missing. As if there's a conspiracy theory out to get him. The man had his chance on Sunday, he had the opportunity to step up to the plate and he blew it.

Sometimes you make that throw to a guy like Brandon. The propensity of it being caught or a PI is not too bad, and if it's picked it's a glorified punt. There was a study years ago between Sanchez and Eli. They were both essentially the same QB numbers wise but Eli obviously had more success. The reason was the majority of Eli's turnovers were downfield and Sanchez was throwing picks to lineman. My point it when turnovers are happening deep to a beast receiver, they're not as devastating.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is such  a big part of why Fitz has been so much better than Geno.  Very few INT's that kill a defense or result in a huge momentum shift.  Not a lot of "brain fart" picks either.  Just passes where receivers have just as good a shot at the ball as the DB does but the DB wins.  He's got one or two that went through receivers' hands, and of course the batted ball at the line against the Eagles.

All interceptions hurt a team, but some you can look at and say "better luck next time" and others you look at and say "How did the quarterback not see the defender waiting to pick that off and run it back"?

This is such  a big part of why Fitz has been so much better than Geno.  Very few INT's that kill a defense or result in a huge momentum shift.  Not a lot of "brain fart" picks either.  Just passes where receivers have just as good a shot at the ball as the DB does but the DB wins.  He's got one or two that went through receivers' hands, and of course the batted ball at the line against the Eagles.

All interceptions hurt a team, but some you can look at and say "better luck next time" and others you look at and say "How did Geno not see the defender waiting to pick that off and run it back"?

Fixed

<cough> bullesh*t <cough>

Lol. I don't care if you believe me or not. The fact is that I know someone personally that was part of the training crew who worked Rex last Cortland camp. He told me in confidence that he was sent to fetch something from Genos Range Rover. This person knows how to read a label, I'll leave it at that. Geno will never be the starting QB for the Jets again unless Fitz is incapable because Petty isn't ready. Mark my words. Bowles got his 1st glimpse of our 3rd year QB in live action, granted in a tough situation but losing 4 yards on a critical 3rd & 1 by not just flipping the ball out of bounds is inexcusable in this league for a guy after his 3rd camp. He threw off his backfoot 50% of the time again. If Geno was offered in a trade he would probably garner a 7th round pick, maybe a 6th. That's really all you need to know.

All interceptions hurt a team, but some you can look at and say "better luck next time" and others you look at and say "How did the quarterback not see the defender waiting to pick that off and run it back"?

This is in no way an endorsement of the sorry-ass alternative to Fitz, but you're rationalizing big time here. The reason some of Fitz's picks didn't hurt is because the defense was suffocating other bad teams and their horrible offenses for most of the games, and Ivory was running all over everyone. He had some seriously bad play in September that simply didn't bite us in the ass because of other factors, not because of hindsight-rationalized, "comparatively better" picks. Against less than formidable opponents, his play was bad enough to give other teams chances to turn their deficits into comebacks, or stay in the game for longer, and as a result - against weak competition - there were competitive games (if not nail-biters) that should have never been.

If you're arguing he hasn't thrown weak, jump-ball picks into coverage, then it's a losing argument. He makes his own bad panic decisions like most meh-to-worse QBs, and has been seriously bailed out of a few. No one commits 8 "good" turnovers in 6 games, not to mention his potentially season-ending/season-jeopardizing injury for no reason other than his own mindlessness. 

He was a great pickup (especially considering the team needed its #2 QB to become the #1 after Geno egged-on his own demise in early August), but he's also merely the best option we have. The best things he does are not taking sacks, sometimes he gets into good groves (like anyone can), and best of all is the leadership void he filled. And he just seems like a good and likable guy. It's hard to play behind a QB you really dislike (Geno), even if he's playing well. It's intolerable when said dislikable QB then also isn't taking care of business on the field either.

This is in no way an endorsement of the sorry-ass alternative to Fitz, but you're rationalizing big time here. The reason some of Fitz's picks didn't hurt is because the defense was suffocating other bad teams and their horrible offenses for most of the games, and Ivory was running all over everyone. He had some seriously bad play in September that simply didn't bite us in the ass because of other factors, not because of hindsight-rationalized, "comparatively better" picks. Against less than formidable opponents, his play was bad enough to give other teams chances to turn their deficits into comebacks, or stay in the game for longer, and as a result - against weak competition - there were competitive games (if not nail-biters) that should have never been.

If you're arguing he hasn't thrown weak, jump-ball picks into coverage, then it's a losing argument. He makes his own bad panic decisions like most meh-to-worse QBs, and has been seriously bailed out of a few. No one commits 8 "good" turnovers in 6 games, not to mention his potentially season-ending/season-jeopardizing injury for no reason other than his own mindlessness. 

He was a great pickup (especially considering the team needed its #2 QB to become the #1 after Geno egged-on his own demise in early August), but he's also merely the best option we have. The best things he does are not taking sacks, sometimes he gets into good groves (like anyone can), and best of all is the leadership void he filled. And he just seems like a good and likable guy. It's hard to play behind a QB you really dislike (Geno), even if he's playing well. It's intolerable when said dislikable QB then also isn't taking care of business on the field either.

I've enjoyed not watching the QB turn the ball over multiple times deep in his own territory or making mindless throws into the hands of waiting defenders that can't be explained by any objective observer as said defender runs the ball back for points.

Call it what you will...maybe he's just been lucky, but as we saw on the pick-6 Geno should have thrown last week if not for the DB not paying attention, sometimes it's better to be lucky than good.

Up to  this point, Fitz has been everything the Jets had  hoped and more...if we could say the same thing about the defense, this team would be well on its way to the playoffs.

Hopefully Fitz continues to produce more TD's than turnovers and the defense can get its act together so we can enjoy a nice little winning streak.

I've enjoyed not watching the QB turn the ball over multiple times deep in his own territory or making mindless throws into the hands of waiting defenders that can't be explained by any objective observer as said defender runs the ball back for points.

Call it what you will...maybe he's just been lucky, but as we saw on the pick-6 Geno should have thrown last week if not for the DB not paying attention, sometimes it's better to be lucky than good.

Up to  this point, Fitz has been everything the Jets had  hoped and more...if we could say the same thing about the defense, this team would be well on its way to the playoffs.

Hopefully Fitz continues to produce more TD's than turnovers and the defense can get its act together so we can enjoy a nice little winning streak.

I don't agree Fitz has been everything hoped for and more, actually. In August and early September there was the (fan) braggadicio about finally having a QB who had a 2:1 TD:INT ratio. He doesn't have that. Now, to make it fit his numbers, that bar has been lowered to "more TD's than turnovers" as you put it.

The reality is he's gotten bailed out of a lot of his terrible panic throws, and he doesn't see the field nearly as well as a supposedly super-smart, 10+ year veteran should. He fails to attempt passes to a lot of wide open receivers because he's locked in on his blanketed primary read. 

What he is, is he's better than Geno and he's (certainly so far) better than Petty.

Also, this right here:

Just a prime example of what the dude is missing. As if there's a conspiracy theory out to get him. The man had his chance on Sunday, he had the opportunity to step up to the plate and he blew it.

The QB job was Genos to lose before Fitzpatrick was brought in as a FA.

Bowles is handling the QB controversy ( if there even is one) beautifully. The player has to earn playing time.

The QB job was Genos to lose before Fitzpatrick was brought in as a FA.

Bowles is handling the QB controversy ( if there even is one) beautifully. The player has to earn playing time.

We're not in the locker room. It may be a far easier decision than we realize. As Cimini leaked out a day or two ago, there appears to have been an overwhelming sense of relief that Fitzpatrick would/could play. Bowles can't possibly be ignorant to that feeling. Even if he is, due to (by his own admission) his limited involvement with the offense ends after discussing Gailey's gameplan briefly on Tuesdays, then surely Gailey would have filled him in.

I don't think there was much of a decision. For all we know he was just going with, and not overruling, Gailey's advice to stick with Fitz. You can't force-feed a QB in there who the team dislikes. Especiallly if it's one the HC himself dislikes, and Bowles so far seems very reluctant to give guys second chances. Something happens that sticks in his craw and - unless you're just a rare talent like Richardson - you're done until/unless necessity forces him to use you (Coples, Kerley). 

I don't agree Fitz has been everything hoped for and more, actually. In August and early September there was the (fan) braggadicio about finally having a QB who had a 2:1 TD:INT ratio. He doesn't have that. Now, to make it fit his numbers, that bar has been lowered to "more TD's than turnovers" as you put it.

The reality is he's gotten bailed out of a lot of his terrible panic throws, and he doesn't see the field nearly as well as a supposedly super-smart, 10+ year veteran should. He fails to attempt passes to a lot of wide open receivers because he's locked in on his blanketed primary read. 

What he is, is he's better than Geno and he's (certainly so far) better than Petty.

I don't know that he's ever been 2:1 in his life so I'd say whoever expected that was misguided.  Even still, he has been 2:1 or better in four of his six games.  I've been asking for more TD's than turnovers for years now...that's the bar for the organization right now.

Against the Pats at Foxboro I didn't expect him to have anywhere near the day he did.  I thought 2 TD/2 INT against BB was a given.  As it turns out, he went 2/0 with 2 dropped TD's.  I'll take that every time after what Geno brings to the table.

Nobody is saying he's a superstar because he's not, but he's a guy who has given this team, as currently constructed, a chance to win every week.  I'm good with that...it's a nice change.  Hopefully the next step is finding a guy who can win games for this team instead of just "not lose".

I don't know that he's ever been 2:1 in his life so I'd say whoever expected that was misguided.  Even still, he has been 2:1 or better in four of his six games.  I've been asking for more TD's than turnovers for years now...that's the bar for the organization right now.

Against the Pats at Foxboro I didn't expect him to have anywhere near the day he did.  I thought 2 TD/2 INT against BB was a given.  As it turns out, he went 2/0 with 2 dropped TD's.  I'll take that every time after what Geno brings to the table.

Nobody is saying he's a superstar because he's not, but he's a guy who has given this team, as currently constructed, a chance to win every week.  I'm good with that...it's a nice change.  Hopefully the next step is finding a guy who can win games for this team instead of just "not lose".

No, merely more TDs than turnovers is not the bar. The bar keeps getting moved to suit a position. Because Smith just had a 2:1 ratio coming in cold off the bench and there are maybe 3 people here (if that) who want to see more.

Your defense of him not being a superstar is a meh counter, since that isn't a position I've taken in the first place. I don't have a problem with him not being a superstar.

do have a problem with the many easy misses he makes by often not seeing what's right in front of him. Like the way an 8 yard gain only seems good if you ignore the guy wide open for an easy TD, directly in his line of sight. So I don't fault him for not having a superstar arm or superstar skills in general. I do fault him for things he should be far better at by now, that leave lots of easy yards and points on the field. 

No, merely more TDs than turnovers is not the bar. The bar keeps getting moved to suit a position. Because Smith just had a 2:1 ratio coming in cold off the bench and there are maybe 3 people here (if that) who want to see more.

Your defense of him not being a superstar is a meh counter, since that isn't a position I've taken in the first place. I don't have a problem with him not being a superstar.

do have a problem with the many easy misses he makes by often not seeing what's right in front of him. Like the way an 8 yard gain only seems good if you ignore the guy wide open for an easy TD, directly in his line of sight. So I don't fault him for not having a superstar arm or superstar skills in general. I do fault him for things he should be far better at by now, that leave lots of easy yards and points on the field. 

LOL..it's not a defense, it's stating a fact.  Since the Jets haven't had  a QB who can consistently produce more TD's than turnovers, this is a step in the right direction and it is in my opinion, the bar at this point because  it's unlikley there is anybody on the roster capable of doing better than that.

As I said earlier, I have no idea who said Fitz was a 2:1 guy because he's only pulled that off one time and it was last season when he went 17/8.

I get it, you don't like him because he makes mistakes.  I do like him because he doesn't make as many as Sanchez and Geno.  When he does, he'll often make up for it by throwing a touchdown at some point.

Again...bar is low for the QB position with this team.

LOL..it's not a defense, it's stating a fact.  Since the Jets haven't had  a QB who can consistently produce more TD's than turnovers, this is a step in the right direction and it is in my opinion, the bar at this point because  it's unlikley there is anybody on the roster capable of doing better than that.

As I said earlier, I have no idea who said Fitz was a 2:1 guy because he's only pulled that off one time and it was last season when he went 17/8.

I get it, you don't like him because he makes mistakes.  I do like him because he doesn't make as many as Sanchez and Geno.  When he does, he'll often make up for it by throwing a touchdown at some point.

Again...bar is low for the QB position with this team.

It's a defense because you're using it as such; as though I'm finding fault with him for not being a superstar.

And I'm not fishing through threads to find it. But it wasn't said one time and it wasn't said by one person. 

I don't dislike like him. Quite the contrary, I do like and appreciate the leadership void he's filled, since that's been a void for a long, long time and it's been waived off as insignificant in the interest of upside (whether younger guys like the 2 prior QBs, or Favre before him). I do dislike a lot of what I see because he makes too many mental mistakes for a guy who's main asset is supposed to be what he's got from the neck up, not because he doesn't have the physical prowess & whole package of a superstar QB. I take for granted he doesn't have the physical gifts others have and am fine with that. But Capt. Harvard is supposed to make up for that by being smarter than the rest on the field. What I see is a lot of what makes him appear smart on the field (not taking sacks) is getting rid of the ball before he gives anyone other than his primary read (or his checkdown) a chance.

Truthfully, what makes me find more fault with him than I ordinarily would, is that those who are so accepting of his blunders are so hypercritical of the ones made by others. I can only imagine how many threads would be started before our 2nd possession if Smith fumbled away our first one deep in our own territory. The goalposts of justification move. First it's the TD:INT ratio. But then, in his 1 game, cold and in relief, even his lousy backup put up a 2:1 ratio so now other rationalizations need to be fabricated and used. Which is what I first alluded to earlier in the thread: Fitzpatrick's best asset is the team believes in him, not his stat lines. So Fitzpatrick is clearly the best QB on the roster right now, and the team's unquestioned leader on the field, and he moronically and unnecessarily risked the season to gain an extra couple of yards after already crossing the 1st down marker, in the first freaking quarter of a mid-season game. That is not a little mistake; it's a massive, massive blunder. That he's able to start the next game (with further physical handicaps than he already had) is just stupid luck somewhat rescuing him, and the team with him. 

#endrant :) 

You're making this so cut and dry by stating we "want to see more".  Let's be clear, no one expected 3 TD's, no picks and 500 yards.  Nobody is asking for that.  Again, really clear, we want poise and SMARTS with situational awareness.  The simple things.  I don't blame his pick, those happen.  It was downfield and he was trying to make something happen, Fitz does the same thing.  When you have a guy like Marshall you can take those chances from time to time. 

Now against the Raiders what Geno did at the end really didn't matter, even though DelRio seemed to really want to give us every chance to come back.  But in a big game where we're close what Geno did, TWICE, was completely unforgiveable.  It's basic football Sperm, how can you possibly accept that?  Giving up forward progress allowing the clock to run and standing 15 yards out of bounds looking off into space while the clock is running!?!?  That's unforgiveable from a 3 year veteran who has started from day one.  Completely unforgiveable.  That's the sh*t that costs football games.  That's why Geno is sitting.  When it comes to the details he's completely lacking.  Whether it's the rumored ADD or what, it's unacceptable.  It is a complete and total trend with him.  He has a habit of running out of bounds for a loss.  On top of that, pretty much everything he has done negatively that's earned him this rap has centered around a total disregard for basics and details.  Sure, he'll put up reasonable numbers.  So will Fitz.  But more often than not when it comes down to it and details and awareness need to be at the highest alert, Fitz is going to do the right thing far more often than not.  You can't trust Geno in those situations and the team knows it and the coach knows it.  This is one hell of an indictment against him that he's not starting this week.  Think about it, his numbers certainly warranted another look, so why isn't he getting it?  The look of disgust on Bowles face when he sent the punt team out there was palpable.  He was furious Geno gave up forward progress to allow the clock to run, and probably even more so that Geno was moping 15 yards out of bounds while the clock was running.  Geno showed zero earnest to get back on that field and gather the team together to make another play.  None. 

It's a defense because you're using it as such; as though I'm finding fault with him for not being a superstar.

And I'm not fishing through threads to find it. But it wasn't said one time and it wasn't said by one person. 

I don't dislike like him. Quite the contrary, I do like and appreciate the leadership void he's filled, since that's been a void for a long, long time and it's been waived off as insignificant in the interest of upside (whether younger guys like the 2 prior QBs, or Favre before him). I do dislike a lot of what I see because he makes too many mental mistakes for a guy who's main asset is supposed to be what he's got from the neck up, not because he doesn't have the physical prowess & whole package of a superstar QB. I take for granted he doesn't have the physical gifts others have and am fine with that. But Capt. Harvard is supposed to make up for that by being smarter than the rest on the field. What I see is a lot of what makes him appear smart on the field (not taking sacks) is getting rid of the ball before he gives anyone other than his primary read (or his checkdown) a chance.

Truthfully, what makes me find more fault with him than I ordinarily would, is that those who are so accepting of his blunders are so hypercritical of the ones made by others. I can only imagine how many threads would be started before our 2nd possession if Smith fumbled away our first one deep in our own territory. The goalposts of justification move. First it's the TD:INT ratio. But then, in his 1 game, cold and in relief, even his lousy backup put up a 2:1 ratio so now other rationalizations need to be fabricated and used. Which is what I first alluded to earlier in the thread: Fitzpatrick's best asset is the team believes in him, not his stat lines. So Fitzpatrick is clearly the best QB on the roster right now, and the team's unquestioned leader on the field, and he moronically and unnecessarily risked the season to gain an extra couple of yards after already crossing the 1st down marker, in the first freaking quarter of a mid-season game. That is not a little mistake; it's a massive, massive blunder. That he's able to start the next game (with further physical handicaps than he already had) is just stupid luck somewhat rescuing him, and the team with him. 

#endrant :) 

I'm happy with the guy because he has been exactly what I hoped/expected him to be.  A guy who puts points on the board more often that he gives it away and gives the team a chance to win.

He's far from perfect, but I'm not going to get angry at him for being what he's always been.  A guy who can move the ball and will make mistakes from time to time.  After years of Sanchez and Geno it's an absolute breath of fresh air. 

I'm not super wrapped up in what Geno did against the Raiders in a blowout loss either.  Hell, when the Jets still had a shot I think he led them on three or four consecutive three and outs.  Once the Raiders ran away with it he completed a few passes.  That's cool, but I'm not ready to say the light has gone on for him just yet.

Lol. I don't care if you believe me or not. The fact is that I know someone personally that was part of the training crew who worked Rex last Cortland camp. He told me in confidence that he was sent to fetch something from Genos Range Rover. This person knows how to read a label, I'll leave it at that. Geno will never be the starting QB for the Jets again unless Fitz is incapable because Petty isn't ready. Mark my words. Bowles got his 1st glimpse of our 3rd year QB in live action, granted in a tough situation but losing 4 yards on a critical 3rd & 1 by not just flipping the ball out of bounds is inexcusable in this league for a guy after his 3rd camp. He threw off his backfoot 50% of the time again. If Geno was offered in a trade he would probably garner a 7th round pick, maybe a 6th. That's really all you need to know.

If this true then the Jets showed perhaps tremendous incompetence in drafting Geno from the get go if this was common knowledge. 

And if the Jets discovered this condition after Geno was drafted then they were grossly incompetent in not drafting a high quality prospect last year. 

Either way it would be a disgrace...... So I hope that it isn't the case....

Fitz being the best option of a group of poor choices does not make him particularly good. He isn't. 

You're dead wrong. To date considering his expectations and what he's brought to the Jets Fitz has been an effective deliverance from years bottom-of-the-barrel quarterbacking. That is significant and I don't think much of anyone who can't acknowledge as much.

But then again, maybe no plan has ever gone awry in your world and anything short of a Super Bowl ring is a massive fail.

Geno was an immature, self-entitled a&#036;&#036;hole in college, on draft day and today.  Nothing is changed.  As already mentioned, the fact that he couldn't beat out a one-handed journeyman speaks volumes.

If you're going to be as big an a&#036;&#036;hole as Geno you have to be supremely talented, something Geno isn't.

"Thanks, Idzik" is easy to say, but it's really applicable here for what Rutgers mentioned.  It's only because of Idzik that the Jets wasted 2 years on him.  

You're dead wrong. To date considering his expectations and what he's brought to the Jets Fitz has been an effective deliverance from years bottom-of-the-barrel quarterbacking. That is significant and I don't think much of anyone who can't acknowledge as much.

But then again, maybe no plan has ever gone awry in your world and anything short of a Super Bowl ring is a massive fail.

Your reply suggests you're agreeing with me despite your claim to the contrary. Being better than the alternatives and horrid QBing we've had over so many years does not make him particularly good. All it makes him is visibly better than the garbage QB play that preceded him.

• 2 weeks later...

Fptrck   has NEVER had a winning season in the nfl.....his career win record is .39        EVERYTHING in life/nature/nfl reverts to its mean.

its geno time or bowles has to have the guts to with our rookie

bowles is playing everything way too "safe" and conservative.....its not working

Archived