jets season is over

jets rooter

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It was over when they lost to the Cardinals. Bowles has to stop being stubborn and play Petty. Give Hack some reps too. Let's face it, there is no chance whatsoever that Fitz will be on the roster next year, so continuing to start him makes zero sense. There's no better way to get Hack and Petty ready to be starters than giving them action in what are now meaningless games left on the schedule. To not do so is inexcusable. 

3 minutes ago, jets rooter said:

I myself and other jet fans have had it with the way this team is run. when will the jets hire talented people like the patriots,broncos etc.that make their teams perennial winners every year.

They Have, you just need patience . These 2 men are not to blame for 40 years of misery. Before you can move forward, sometimes you need to take a step back . We will be fine

8 minutes ago, jets rooter said:

I myself and other jet fans have had it with the way this team is run. when will the jets hire talented people like the patriots,broncos etc.that make their teams perennial winners every year.

Really? I thought they were just trying not to be overconfident.

Just now, Tinstar said:

Thinking is not your strength . Jumping to conclusions, you are at the head of the class . 

What jumping.....31 teams wouldn't hire FITZ .   He, myself and many others stated this.

Bowles showed his inability many many times last year and has now proven he is not HC material.  

6 minutes ago, jets rooter said:

Don't ask for what New England has. It's so rare. Even Superbowl winners wish they had what NE has. You and every other NFL team and fan wants that. But hope for a coherent management. Don't jump the gun yet, things take time. You can keep hiring new coaches and GMS every year man thats how the Browns operate and look at them. Not every year ends in a Superbowl appearance for every team. Give things some time to breathe and operate, it's how good teams are formed. Not every single year can be a great season. 

2 minutes ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

Pete Carroll went 7-9 in his first 2 seasons with the Seahawks. If he was coach of the Jets (which he was) he probably wouldn't have been able to overcome the fan and media pressure.

Pete Carrol also had prior NFL experience with the Jets and the Pats and he showed some competency.  All we've seen thus far is that Bowles has Cro Magnon man decision making ability.

1 minute ago, southparkcpa said:

What jumping.....31 teams wouldn't hire FITZ .   He, myself and many others stated this.

Bowles showed his inability many many times last year and has now proven he is not HC material.  

Thanks you know it and I know it the moron club doesn't know it . 

1 minute ago, Gen X Jet said:

Pete Carrol also had prior NFL experience with the Jets and the Pats and he showed some competency.  All we've seen thus far is that Bowles has Cro Magnon man decision making ability.

Agreed.... even Carroll, when a rookie HC was supported by the fans.  HE was not run out of town.

HESS personally fired him.   The fake spike may have been his demise but he was a better coach than Bowles. 

1 minute ago, Gen X Jet said:

He's 13-12 in his first 25 games. The guy isn't being given a fair chance by our fanbase IMO. His team isn't that good. His QB isn't very good. They've blown games they should have won this year. That's mainly on the players.

His kicker blew the game against Cincy. His QB and special teams blew todays game against Miami. But people cherry pick specific plays and throw the whole game on him because of it. And they'll do the same thing to the next coach if he doesn't go deep into the playoffs right out of the gate.

11 minutes ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

I guess we should fire Mac and Bowles. Then let's give the new GM and HC a season and a half to produce big results. If not, get them out of here as well. Rinse. Repeat.

Jets Fans in a nutshell.  The first hint things aren't perfect, "blow it all up, lose out for #1 pick, start over, rinse, repeat".

3 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Thanks you know it and I know it the moron club doesn't know it . 

What does signing Fitz has to do with Bowles being a good coach  ?  Just to be clear, I would not have resigned Fitz, but once it was done, it played out like it had too . Geno screwed up getting hurt, but throwing Petty out there before the bye is something a fan would do. Ray Lucas  is right, Fitz needed benching when he got benched, but he needs to keep his job until after the Rams game . 

2 minutes ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

He's 13-12 in his first 25 games. The guy isn't being given a fair chance by our fanbase IMO. His team isn't that good. His QB isn't very good. They've blown games they should have won this year. That's mainly on the players.

His kicker blew the game against Cincy. His QB and special teams blew todays game against Miami. But people cherry pick specific plays and throw the whole game on him because of it. And they'll do the same thing to the next coach if he doesn't go deep into the playoffs right out of the gate.

It's one thing when the players don't perform or execute but it's completely different when the coach can't make elementary decisions during the game.  Bowles has shown no ability in that respect.

2 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Jets Fans in a nutshell.  The first hint things aren't perfect, "blow it all up, lose out for #1 pick, start over, rinse, repeat".

And, as soon as that doesn't work, moan about "lack of consistency". :rolleyes:

Just now, Tinstar said:

What does signing Fitz has to do with Bowles being a good coach  ?  Just to be clear, I would not have resigned Fitz, but once it was done, it played out like it had too . Geno screwed up getting hurt, but throwing Petty out there before the bye is something a fan would do. Ray Lucas  is right, Fitz needed benching when he got benched, but he needs to keep his job until after the Rams game . 

Fitzpatrick is done it makes no sense to continue with him we need to see that Petty has. 

Fitzpatrick is poison. 

20 minutes ago, jets rooter said:

The season has been over since July when Fitztragic signed, I've been telling anyone who is willing to listen since then.

5 minutes ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

Sanity in an insane world .

2 minutes ago, Warfish said:

It's just such a terrible mindset. It's so annoying.

I'm not even saying I love Bowles and he's doing a great job. But to want to run him out of town after a season and a half is a little ridiculous. You gotta give people some time. They're 13-12 under him but you'd think they are 0-25.

This season isn't going so well. Ok. But it's like you said, first sign of trouble and everybody wants to blow everything up, tank the season, fire everyone, etc.

Just now, joewilly12 said:

Fitzpatrick is done it makes no sense to continue with him we need to see that Petty has. 

Fitzpatrick is poison. 

At least the whole premise that Petty "has never taken an NFL snap in his career" has now been put to bed! :D 

23 minutes ago, jets rooter said:

16 minutes ago, BRONX DUDE said:

Knew that after 4 games silly.

I knew it the moment we signed Fitz for 12 million. 

Just sayin'

1 minute ago, joewilly12 said:

Fitzpatrick is poison. 

Who's arguing that point. The thing is , you have to give the kid a chance . 2 weeks to prepare for a defense like the Patriots or splitting reps with Fitz to face the Rams defense.  Like I said, thinking is not your strength >

Just now, Tinstar said:

Who's arguing that point. The thing is , you have to give the kid a chance . 2 weeks to prepare for a defense like the Patriots or splitting reps with Fitz to face the Rams defense.  Like I said, thinking is not your strength >

Fitzpatrick is obviously done here unlike others I knew this long ago even last season 10 wins against sh*t is 10 wins against sh*t. 

What is  your strength Tinman. 

41 minutes ago, Gen X Jet said:

It's one thing when the players don't perform or execute but it's completely different when the coach can't make elementary decisions during the game.  Bowles has shown no ability in that respect.

He's counted on his defense to make stops late in games and punted. But guess what, his defense was making stops in the second half today. It wasn't insane to think they could get the ball back. I'm not even saying that he should or shouldn't have punted. But the only reason people don't like it is because they didn't get the ball back. It was not a terrible decision at the time. It was the Dolphins, not the Patriots they were punting to. You judge the decision, not the result. Anyone can Monday morning QB anything that happens. 

People acting like that was an awful decision aren't being fair. It wasn't a ridiculous call to do that.

My biggest problem with the coaching today is that they went away from Forte, particularly in the red zone.

25 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

Todd Bowles is Ritchie Kotite........    

Dude stop that isn't fair at all. He has come from a long pedigree of excellent coaches, and has also played in the league. Currently as a coach he is still over .500 and took a terrible team to a 10 win season. Because his players havent played to their standards and are 3-6 doesnt mean he needs to be compared to Kotite, thats absolutely absurd and you know it man.

Archived