The "Tuesday after" is almost over, why is Todd Bowles still here?

Freemanm

If there was ever a day when players need to be sent a message, today is it. Bowles did it last year after the Texans loss when he rightfully cut Coples. After last night's fiasco in which the players clearly weren't interested in playing, why is Bowles still with the team? Why not send the players a message by cutting Revis (it would show them that no one is safe after that kind of disgrace)? Why doesn't Woody have the balls to do that?

10 minutes ago, jetscrazey said:

Because the whole world knows Kacy Rodgers or Gailey isn't stepping and doing any better.  This whole staff is putrid.

Rodgers and/or Gailey will be the fall guy after the season is over.  Bowles gets one more year.  Kind of senseless in all honesty, after the roster strip down in the off season the Jets will probably be even worst, then he'll get fired.  Only hope is if Petty turns out to be a good player.

14 minutes ago, flgreen said:

Rodgers and/or Gailey will be the fall guy after the season is over.  Bowles gets one more year.  Kind of senseless in all honesty, after the roster strip down in the off season the Jets will probably be even worst, then he'll get fired.  Only hope is if Petty turns out to be a good player.

If I were bowels I would bunk with petty and spend 24x7 no more than 5 ft away from him for the next 4 weeks and try to impart as much wisdom as humanly possible, I would watch all petty coaching and make sure they coach him up as much as possible.

I would let everything else go.

45 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

They cut Ross and Spiller - message sent :lololol:

Wow, so they cut two of the few guys who actually played hard last night. What about the other 49 guys who didn't even give a sh*t about playing last night? Revis should have been cut today, I don't give two sh*ts what his salary is or what HOF ballot he will be on. Send these guys a message and at least Woody should show the fans that he gives a crap

I just heard this on WFAN Joe and Evan broadcast from this morning:

Sheldon had ZERO stats for the game, except the PF

Bowles was sending Folk to kick a FG when the Jets were down to the 3 yd line before they got pushed back due to the Giacomini PF

3 hours ago, jetscrazey said:

Because the whole world knows Kacy Rodgers or Gailey isn't stepping and doing any better.  This whole staff is putrid.

And with next year possibly Bowles' last year, if he is even here, what assistants are going to work for the Jets?

Best course is to clean house, hire a football director, Woody goes to London and the Jets start over without Woody meddling.

13 hours ago, SickJetFan said:

If I were bowels I would bunk with petty and spend 24x7 no more than 5 ft away from him for the next 4 weeks and try to impart as much wisdom as humanly possible, I would watch all petty coaching and make sure they coach him up as much as possible.

I don't know about letting everything else go, but the rest of it sounds like a plan.  Petty coming out and looking like a QB is the best hope for Bowles job, and the franchise in general.

15 hours ago, SickJetFan said:

What on GOD's earth have you seen from Bowles that would give you any hope that Petty would learn anything from him. Time to put Hack and Petty in the hands of someone like McDaniel, or Haley, or anyone who knows offense...

15 hours ago, SickJetFan said:

And what exactly would Bowles teach a QB?

21 hours ago, 68JET11 said:

What on GOD's earth have you seen from Bowles that would give you any hope that Petty would learn anything from him. Time to put Hack and Petty in the hands of someone like McDaniel, or Haley, or anyone who knows offense...

I don't.   Just saying if I were him.

Archived