Sanchez?

varjet

2 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

The Jets have been rebuilding since 1968. A proper rebuild doesn't involve players named Fitzpatrick or McCown................spare me please. 

They weren't rebuilding during the early-mid 80's. Nor were they rebuilding in the late 90's-early 00's. They weren't rebuilding in the early 10's and they weren't rebuilding during the '15 and '16 seasons. They're rebuilding NOW. 

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, SAR I said:

McCown is 2-22 in his last 2 seasons in Cleveland and the narrative is "he's a competitive guy".

Sanchez went 14-18 in his last 2 seasons in New York and the narrative was "Tebow, Geno anything is better than this guy".

I just love Jets fans.

SAR I

well, as i recall, idzik came in as gm, chose geno in the draft who was immediately forced to be starter because sanchez got hurt in the snoopy bowl game.  geno goes 8-8 and idzik thinks he found himself a gem so sanchez was sent packing.  the buttfumble game does stick out.  for me, not necessarily because of the fumble but because the team was just so friggin flat.  heck it was a prime time game against the cheating slime from foxboro.  sanchez had won the competition handily when geno was drafted but then out of sight out of mind.......sanchez was up for a new contract and he might of been asking too much for parchment face idzik.

but you still gotta wonder why sanchez hasn't gotten more than a back up role since.  put some good players around him and he can get the job done.

3 hours ago, SAR I said:

McCown is 2-22 in his last 2 seasons in Cleveland and the narrative is "he's a competitive guy".

Sanchez went 14-18 in his last 2 seasons in New York and the narrative was "Tebow, Geno anything is better than this guy".

I just love Jets fans.

SAR I

I doubt Sanchez would have been much better than 2-22 if he was on the Cleveland Browns.

31 minutes ago, rangerous said:

but you still gotta wonder why sanchez hasn't gotten more than a back up role since.  put some good players around him and he can get the job done.

Sanchez had his big chance at a comeback with Philly, played well for the first few games the starter went down, then played badly and the team missed the playoffs.  Then he got cut from the next team that wanted him.  Can't say Sanchez hasn't had his shots.

3 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

Johny Manziel has more upside than Christian Hackenberg and Bryce Petty he was a far superior college QB than both of them.wouldnt you agree. 

Image result for manziel with heisman pics

College.

Tim Tebow is the greatest college QB.

Manziel over a QB that you've never seen.  Who hasn't played a down of football.  Who as bad as some want to guess Hack is Manziel has proven to be.  

Jets drafted Namath, also drafted the Heisman trophy winner.   

Good points

On 3/24/2017 at 0:58 PM, Lupz27 said:

Sanchez could not have been brought back for obvious reasons, but seeing all these backups sign for 2 mill, or less angers me after we gave McCown 6 mill (all will be forgiven thou as long as he continues the trend of playing for the team who gets the #1 overall pick in the following years draft, BUT I'd be so ******* ecstatic if Hack, or Petty started, and proved to be the future, and then wouldn't care how much we paid McCown, but if McCown wins 2 extra games that the kids wouldn't have to go 4-12, and get the 4th overall pick I'm gonna lose it).

^!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

On 3/24/2017 at 1:43 PM, SAR I said:

Tell me why.  I don't get it.

If the Buttfumble on ESPN hurt your psyche at the watercooler, get over it.

If going 6-10 in 2012 hurt your pride, ask why Tony Sporano was ever hired as our offensive coordinator and why Rex Ryan ignored the offense completely. 

Let me remind you that the Sanchez Jets were:

9-7 with 2 playoff wins in 2009.

11-5 with 2 playoff wins in 2010.

8-5 with 3 games to the playoffs in 2011.

And in the middle of all that, Mark Sanchez went on a 25-12 run as a 22 year old college senior winning 4 playoff games along the way and being the best Jet on the field in 2 AFC Championship Games with a passer rating of 100.1.

Tell me why there is "no way in the world" he could have come back to the Jets as a backup and mentor for $2M.  What, his resume isn't good enough for Jets fans?  That's a joke, right?

SAR I

Bro we have a history of elite QBs.  Woodall, Todd, Robinson, Ryan, OBrien,  Brister, Tebow, Mirer, Nagle, Clemens.....Fitz......the list goes on and on.  And while Mark had his run you can't expect Jet fans to accept a talent like Sanchez when we have such a history. Lol

10 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

No playoffs those 10 wins mean nothing. 

Ryan Fitzpatrick led the Jets to the 2015 playoffs with a 10-5 record.

Geno Smith cost the Jets the 2015 playoffs with an 0-1 record.

All Geno needed to do was show up in Oakland.  And he blew it.  The story of his career.

SAR I

14 minutes ago, SAR I said:

All Geno needed to do was show up in Oakland.  And he blew it.  The story of his career.

SAR I

I guess the 5 games that fritz lost did not count in the standings

8 hours ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

False again and  also for the next time you post this lie.

21 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Because only an assclown or a troll would even think of making the case that any of the Sanchez teams were as bad as the Browns. 

You don't seem to understand what you're watching

For the last 8 years you've done nothing but tell me over and over again that a good quarterback can rise above the mediocrity of his team.  That is your entire argument to why Mark Sanchez "sucks".  That when he lost Plaxico Burress, Ladanian Tomlinson, and Braylon Edwards he should have shown improvement when handed Clyde Gates, Chaz Schillens, and Stephen Hill, remember?  I do.

Can't have it both ways.  Jedi Mind Tricks don't work on me.

SAR I

20 hours ago, rangerous said:

well, as i recall, idzik came in as gm, chose geno in the draft who was immediately forced to be starter because sanchez got hurt in the snoopy bowl game.  geno goes 8-8 and idzik thinks he found himself a gem so sanchez was sent packing.  the buttfumble game does stick out.  for me, not necessarily because of the fumble but because the team was just so friggin flat.  heck it was a prime time game against the cheating slime from foxboro.  sanchez had won the competition handily when geno was drafted but then out of sight out of mind.......sanchez was up for a new contract and he might of been asking too much for parchment face idzik.

That 2012 Patriots game was such a disaster on all counts, but the Buttfumble takes the blame.  Forget that the Patriots O marched up and down the Jets D all night, forget the special teams breaking down, the rushing attack that couldn't go anywhere, and of course Brandon Moore being destroyed and tossed into the QB by Vince Wolfork forcing the infamous fumble. 

Yeah, it was all Sanchez' fault.

SAR I

3 minutes ago, SAR I said:

For the last 8 years you've done nothing but tell me over and over again that a good quarterback can rise above the mediocrity of his team.  That is your entire argument to why Mark Sanchez "sucks".  That when he lost Plaxico Burress, Ladanian Tomlinson, and Braylon Edwards he should have shown improvement when handed Clyde Gates, Chaz Schillens, and Stephen Hill, remember?  I do.

SAR I

You forgot David Nelson he may have been in the mix as well I think 

12 hours ago, johnnyjet said:

Bro we have a history of elite QBs.  Woodall, Todd, Robinson, Ryan, OBrien,  Brister, Tebow, Mirer, Nagle, Clemens.....Fitz......the list goes on and on.  And while Mark had his run you can't expect Jet fans to accept a talent like Sanchez when we have such a history. Lol

Love it.  Yeah, Jets fans should be so picky as to run Mark Sanchez out of town after leading us to 6 playoff games in 2 seasons, such a disappointment, thank God we don't have a bum like that on our roster right now.  Better to have Chad Pennington because of his completion percentage or Vinny Testaverde because he was from Long Island.  Yeah, that's what matters.

SAR I

9 hours ago, jetfan39 said:

I guess the 5 games that fritz lost did not count in the standings

If in July 2015, God came down and told you that your with a 4-12 team with a rookie head coach and backup quarterback was going to set the team record with 31 TD's and win 10 games and all your starter needed to do was beat the 7-9 Oakland Raiders to get us into the playoffs, you wouldn't have been jumping for joy?

SAR I

47 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

False again and  also for the next time you post this lie.

Ryan Fitzpatrick went 10-5 in 2015.

Geno Smith went 0-1 in 2015.

If Geno Smith goes 1-0 the Jets make the playoffs in 2015.

Those are facts.

SAR I

1 minute ago, SAR I said:

If in July 2015, God came down and told you that your with a 4-12 team with a rookie head coach and backup quarterback was going to set the team record with 31 TD's and win 10 games and all your starter needed to do was beat the 7-9 Oakland Raiders to get us into the playoffs, you wouldn't have been jumping for joy?

SAR I

Actually SAR I all we had to do was beat the Bills last game of the season to get into the playoffs. 

Just now, joewilly12 said:

Actually SAR I all we had to do was beat the Bills last game of the season to get into the playoffs. 

That Buffalo game becomes meaningless and we can rest all our starters for the wildcard game if Geno Smith did his job and beat the 7-9 Oakland Raiders instead of letting them blow him up and blow us out.

Fact.

SAR I

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

You don't have to use Jedi mind tricks to convince people that Sanchez sucked.  I've never said that a good QB has to rise over anyone, I've been adamant that Sanchez sucked, went for the ride.  

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

Ryan Fitzpatrick went 10-5 in 2015.

Geno Smith went 0-1 in 2015.

If Geno Smith goes 1-0 the Jets make the playoffs in 2015.

Those are facts.

SAR I

And the most pointless fact ever.  No one is stupid enough to attempt to blame Geno for the season fail.

Especially when you forget that Geno did not go 0-1, raider game is on Fitz

16 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

And the most pointless fact ever.  No one is stupid enough to attempt to blame Geno for the season fail.

Especially when you forget that Geno did not go 0-1, raider game is on Fitz

He's trolling. What's interesting though is that none of the other losses (vs Eagles, vs Pats, vs Bills x2, vs Texans) didn't impact us making the playoffs, but the one game that Geno played is the game that "cost us the playoffs". Why aren't any of  the other games the reason? Why does it have to be the Raider game specifically? I know why though. 

1 minute ago, August said:

He's trolling. What's interesting though is that none of the other losses (vs Eagles, vs Pats, vs Bills x2, vs Texans) didn't impact us making the playoffs, but the one game that Geno played is the game that "cost us the playoffs". Why aren't any of  the other games the reason? Why does it have to be the Raider game specifically? I know why though. 

He's a Geno Smith hater and a closet Ryan Fitzpatrick fan I can see this from a mile away. 

Just now, joewilly12 said:

He's a Geno Smith hater and a closet Ryan Fitzpatrick fan I can see this from a mile away. 

That's why you can't take Sar I serious. He's not consistent. Sar I mostly blames the defense and special teams for our problems in 2016, and how if the defense and special teams stepped up we would've been 8-8. Yet the defense and special teams was completely garbage in that Raider game but that game isn't on them that game is on Geno according to him. 

Archived