Aliens II: Xenomorph Within - Town Wins!!

Gone

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok I've got a lot I could say but I don't know if I'll get it all out.

First of all good game everyone. I think the game was thrown off kilter by a lot of things, fighting and inactive players being the top ones, but we made it through to the end and I think everyone generally played a good game at least at some point.

I think this was scums game to win but they seemed to mentally check out towards the end and once town kind of snapped out of whatever spell we were under the mafia became kind of obvious in hindsight.

I'm still not 100% clear on how the scum mechanics worked but imo the roles were wrong for this game.

1x Watcher and 2x Doc...ehhhhhhhhh. I would have traded all 3 powers for a 1x vig to be honest.

I was very thrown off by the whole thing though, Nyn stuck to her word and kept it mostly vanilla (I like to call games like this french vanilla) when I actually expected more because of the extra players she got. That's what I get for gaming the mod I guess.

Ok that's all I can think of for now, I'll go through the QTs now.

All 3 of you should lynch me, then ride the gravy train to end game lol

It's nice seeing this was the plan all along. Even though I ****ed it up a little lol.

I'd rather kill Smash or at least hunt for PR.

JC on point as usual.

Haha. Nolder feels so justified lol.

T2Mqq.gif

I didnt see any reason to give town a vig. 4 scum in a 15 player game is standard and town gained from delayed kills. So much so that i felt compelled to give scum the whole double lynch deal. The town prs were weak on purpose. All scum were goons after all. Giving town a vig would have meant giving scum something extra. So in my eyes pointless.

At the end of the day this game was mostly played via pure scumhunting and no NA shenanigans which is exactly what I wanted.

I mean i dunno, i felt like it was fair to both sides. The game did get to d7 which is farthest any of my games ever got to prolly.

But yeah if scum were more active they would have won twice by just swooping before votes were then changed. Town had one of the better come backs I've seen.

1 hour ago, Nynaeve said:

I didnt see any reason to give town a vig. 4 scum in a 15 player game is standard and town gained from delayed kills. So much so that i felt compelled to give scum the whole double lynch deal. The town prs were weak on purpose. All scum were goons after all. Giving town a vig would have meant giving scum something extra. So in my eyes pointless.

At the end of the day this game was mostly played via pure scumhunting and no NA shenanigans which is exactly what I wanted.

Well the thing with vigs as we all know is they can shoot a townies just as easily as scum.

If we played this exact same setup again and again I don't think a 1x watcher and a 2x doc would almost ever come into play.

A 1x vig always makes some kind of a difference, even if it's a bad one.

Now, again, I realize your GOAL was to have the most vanilla experience possible pretty much and you achieved that.

I am still just feeling like there should have been something more. I am not disappointed nor do I mean this as criticism. Your game was balanced imo and it was what you wanted it to be. I just thought it was going to be something else and can't get over that feeling lol. 

12 minutes ago, Nynaeve said:

I mean i dunno, i felt like it was fair to both sides. The game did get to d7 which is farthest any of my games ever got to prolly.

But yeah if scum were more active they would have won twice by just swooping before votes were then changed. Town had one of the better come backs I've seen.

Yeah no no no. I want to repeat myself because I am absolutely not saying the game was unbalanced or even that it was bad.

I just thought it was a bagel with cream cheese and it was actually toast with butter and jelly.

Know what I mean?

Abilities:
1) 1 factional kill every night - death delayed by a phase (ie death by the following EoD).
2) factional 1xdouble lynch - triggers the lynch of the second biggest train, along with the biggest train at EoD. Can be triggered no more than halfway through a day phase (in the event of a tie, scum breaks the tie).

So simple and yet I gave myself a headache trying to figure out wtf was going on.

Nolder: "I think the odds of there being a scummate on LZM pretty low.

"I'd consider 80 and JC pretty much clear."

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO-LDER!

Hahaha. Nolder ******* nailed it. 

Nolder

Franchise Player
    Nolder
    Members
    8,547 posts
    LocationCalifornia

Report post (IP: 47.155.61.75) 

Posted 2 hours ago

Being beaten by people who didn't even play is boring so I'm just gonna assume it's 80/JC. GG.

Vote JC

I may be the worlds biggest idiot but one thing I don't have is any shame.

Once I realize I've been wrong I have no problem voting the guys I've been saying were clear town all game.

Just like the cult thing, once I saw it was wrong I said oops and that was it.

GG guys.

Damn, town Josh Rosen'd this sh*t

Who?

1 hour ago, Nynaeve said:

Honestly dont recall a game here I've modded where i had to deal with so many subs. Ty to all the players that were willing to jump in. @sh*tsure Kamimash*ta  @Hallia @G Ben.

And as usual @CTM ruins everything

Two times now CTM backed out of a game where we would have been scum teammates.  I'm sensing a pattern here....

40 minutes ago, SMC said:

Yay, Town!!!! Great game guys.  I'm glad I was able to help there and root on the Town to another victory.

Awesome game, Nyn

And no CTM was a major reason for the Town's victory

Hey, since you're around, wtf was with that weirdly specific idea about the way a cult might work in this game?

Just a bout of inspiration or what?

7 hours ago, Nynaeve said:

Sk got dead. He was...

Facehugger, mafia goon.

Nolder, soldier, VT is dead.

Smash, Ripley, docx2 lived.

Town wins!!!

YEAH!!

and THAT scumbags is why leaving Town Dice alive late game is a problem. You can never tell when im just suddenly gonna do a complete swap for no obvious reason lol

@Jetscode1  you did do a real good job at one point there working with me and making me think you could be town.

54 minutes ago, Dicetosser said:

YEAH!!

and THAT scumbags is why leaving Town Dice alive late game is a problem. You can never tell when im just suddenly gonna do a complete swap for no obvious reason lol

@Jetscode1  you did do a real good job at one point there working with me and making me think you could be town.

JC likes to befriend as scum

1 hour ago, Dicetosser said:

YEAH!!

I tried Dice...just missed my opportunity to hammer.

6 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

All it would have taken for us to win was JC happening to be online when we had the necessary town votes on Nolder and still had 3 scum players alive.  I think we played very well despite the loss.  Fun game other than all the excessive bickering! 

I had more fun playing with you as scum as much anyone in a long time.  I wish I played better partner.  You were outstanding!

Just now, Jetscode1 said:

I had more fun playing with you as scum as much anyone in a long time.  I wish I played better partner.  You were outstanding!

Aww shucks you played well too.  It took a looooong time for anyone to mention either of us as scum, and I think only the Ape suggested us as scum teammates, and no one else thought that was the case until very late in the game.  

We were a well oiled machine as long as we were online!  lol.  

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

Aww shucks you played well too.  It took a looooong time for anyone to mention either of us as scum, and I think only the Ape suggested us as scum teammates, and no one else thought that was the case until very late in the game.  

We were a well oiled machine as long as we were online!  lol.  

Yep, I saw it, but didn't act. I can't stand games with 25% non-participation and 75% non-logic and non-cooperation.

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

Yes, very little town cooperation until late in the game.  I still maintain I caught LZM before you did though.  

Ha, he's all yours. Good addition, his back/forth needs refinement though. At least he didn't get emo, ffs

Archived