Plaxico getting MRI, won't play Monday

Morrissey

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mangold being day to day due to a "stinger" isn't exactly swell either. Where's the hysteria for that development?

I'm not surprised you can't see the difference between Mangold and Plax, run along and play with your pennington dollie.. the adults are talking

F U - its really some of my best work. Prick

:scare:

JIF I was not expecting to hear anything major but dont just dismiss a sprained ankle some players miss alot of time and are hampered with ankle sprains for entire seasons. That wont be a good thing lets hope its not one of those type sprains.

Smash a team thats so close to a SB now have 2 stud WR's who were key elements to postseason runs on the way to catching the game winning TD to hoist the Lombardi, both within the last 3 years. While I dont believe there will be a problem (see Mike Vick and Mike Williams), yes, 1 of them is a bit of a question because he's been out of the league. So, the Jets added one of the most consistent WR's in the last decade who really hasnt skipped a beat. The only reason he didnt have 3 straight 1,000yrd seasons even at his age, is because they added Boldin last year in Balt.

The offense, with this amazing cast of WR's that you are heart broken over losing, was only 1 TD better than they were in 09 during Mark's rookie season. So, the Jets decided to do something about it because clearly, it wasnt improving their performance. The Jets arent being complacent and just hoping an under achieving offense will turn it around. Thats what bad teams d0, who (to use your words), fail. Instead, they actively made personnel changes to improve via FA and the draft. If it will improve or not, is pure speculation, but I highly doubt it gets worse considering the Jets are returning 3 of their 4 top receiving options last season and I'd hope, Sanchez can take the next step.

Clearly, the priorities for the Jets, were to not sign a bunch of overrated FA receivers this season but to instead lock up Mark's favorite target, the best WR FA, and most dangerous weapon from the Jets last season who won 4 games single handed...along with 4 key elements to how the Jets win games/the core (Cro, Harris, Hunter, Turner) and returning Pool and Strickland.

Wake up buddy, the Jets are trying to improve. They really havent done anything too risky. How the Jets win and lose games, is in tact. Where the Jets struggled, has been changed in order to improve. If that change will work, is pure speculation. IMO - it will. <3

I didn't read the whole post, as your writing style reminds me of watching paint dry, but I half agree with your point. I like how they are cutting ties with declining vets rather then overpay, I liked pursuing heap as I think TE is a need, taking a shot on Plax is fine but def would've rathered Holmes-Braylon-Plax.. the only thing that does fit is the Aso pursuit, almost as if we were chasing headlines there, which is something i think we've been doing of late as the second class citizen in the area..

My hope is these kids on the DL are for real, and that sanchez develops... those are the most important/interesting things to e this season

I didn't read the whole post, as your writing style reminds me of watching paint dry, but I half agree with your point. I like how they are cutting ties with declining vets rather then overpay, I liked pursuing heap as I think TE is a need, taking a shot on Plax is fine but def would've rathered Holmes-Braylon-Plax.. the only thing that does fit is the Aso pursuit, almost as if we were chasing headlines there, which is something i think we've been doing of late as the second class citizen in the area..

My hope is these kids on the DL are for real, and that sanchez develops... those are the most important/interesting things to e this season

KMA you dirty hippy. We write the same damn way.

Smash a team thats so close to a SB now have 2 stud WR's who were key elements to postseason runs on the way to catching the game winning TD to hoist the Lombardi, both within the last 3 years. While I dont believe there will be a problem (see Mike Vick and Mike Williams), yes, 1 of them is a bit of a question because he's been out of the league. So, the Jets added one of the most consistent WR's in the last decade who really hasnt skipped a beat. The only reason he didnt have 3 straight 1,000yrd seasons even at his age, is because they added Boldin last year in Balt.

The offense, with this amazing cast of WR's that you are heart broken over losing, was only 1 TD better than they were in 09 during Mark's rookie season. So, the Jets decided to do something about it because clearly, it wasnt improving their performance. The Jets arent being complacent and just hoping an under achieving offense will turn it around. Thats what bad teams d0, who (to use your words), fail. Instead, they actively made personnel changes to improve via FA and the draft. If it will improve or not, is pure speculation, but I highly doubt it gets worse considering the Jets are returning 3 of their 4 top receiving options last season and I'd hope, Sanchez can take the next step.

Clearly, the priorities for the Jets, were to not sign a bunch of overrated FA receivers this season but to instead lock up Mark's favorite target, the best WR FA, and most dangerous weapon from the Jets last season who won 4 games single handed...along with 4 key elements to how the Jets win games/the core (Cro, Harris, Hunter, Turner) and returning Pool and Strickland.

Wake up buddy, the Jets are trying to improve. They really havent done anything too risky. How the Jets win and lose games, is in tact. Where the Jets struggled, has been changed in order to improve. If that change will work, is pure speculation. IMO - it will. <3

4 games single handed ?? LOL you are killin me man. The only play he single handedly won a game for us was the OT play Vs the Browns when he avoided 2 tacklers to run to the endzone.

JIF Im not trying to compare to last year ....I wanted us to improve upon last year. Funny how on the biggest play of the year Sanchez (who called the play) went to Braylon Edwards (final play in Colts game). I never heard Sanchez say Holmes was his favorite or preferred target and you will probably never ever know the truth to that statement yet you used it in your arguement. Only Mark knows the answer to that question. Did you expect him to come out and say, "well we signed Santonio but I was hopeing we would sign my favorite target in Braylon" not happening.

Like I said I hope it all works out and your opinion is corret. I will also say if Mason and Burress stay healthy all year and are healthy going into the playoffs there is a good chance they can easily out produce Edwards and Cotch's numbers the only question I have is will they be able to do it. IMO Mason has been durable but at 37 hes on borrowed time and Burress has to get into football shape which is always a tough deal even for players that just miss a few weeks of camp like Revis last year .

4 games single handed ?? LOL you are killin me man. The only play he single handedly won a game for us was the OT play Vs the Browns when he avoided 2 tacklers to run to the endzone.

JIF Im not trying to compare to last year ....I wanted us to improve upon last year. Funny how on the biggest play of the year Sanchez (who called the play) went to Braylon Edwards (final play in Colts game). I never heard Sanchez say Holmes was his favorite or preferred target and you will probably never ever know the truth to that statement yet you used it in your arguement. Only Mark knows the answer to that question. Did you expect him to come out and say, "well we signed Santonio but I was hopeing we would sign my favorite target in Braylon" not happening.

Like I said I hope it all works out and your opinion is corret. I will also say if Mason and Burress stay healthy all year and are healthy going into the playoffs there is a good chance they can easily out produce Edwards and Cotch's numbers the only question I have is will they be able to do it. IMO Mason has been durable but at 37 hes on borrowed time and Burress has to get into football shape which is always a tough deal even for players that just miss a few weeks of camp like Revis last year .

This is how one should write, JiF. It's provocative, entertaining, it flows nicely with a strong, clear voice and has a real narrative cohesiveness to it. Didactic without being stodgy. One finds themselves having read the entire piece and still yearning for more.

Yes we shouldve. Instead we sign a geriatric WR with a gimpy ankle who's only been healthy enough for 4 reps all of training camp. The Jets dropped the ball.

At this juncture Braylon Edwards ( who only signed for a mere Milly) is a better option than Plexiglass. Some upgrade @ WR he is.

Braylon-Mason-Holmes>>>>>>>>>>Plexiglass-Mason-Holmes.

I agree with blondie. I'd definitely rather have BE over Plexiglass. I think it was ******* stupid to bring in a old douche nozzle thath hasn'tplayed in two ******* years so you can dump a young douche nozzle that has been playing above average.

Detroit, Houston, Cleveland, Denver.

You're right, Sanchez made a great throw, Braylon made a clutch catch. Dont think that means Sanchez favors him, think it means he had the better match up and saw something in that play. Everything else though from a statistical stand point, says he favored Holmes. And you dont think Sanchez had any say on who his WR would be for the next 5 years? I dunno, you'd think they'd get his take...honestly dont know though. And you're right, Mason's career will eventually end...though he hasnt shown any signs of it being this season.

Either way, the Jets are trying to improve the offense which didnt happen from 09 to 10.

This is how one should write, JiF. It's provocative, entertaining, it flows nicely with a strong, clear voice and has a real narrative cohesiveness to it. Didactic without being stodgy. One finds themselves having read the entire piece and still yearning for more.

Eat sh*t and die.

What I'm saying is the Jets didn't' want him at that price. If they did they would've made the offer. This team has never shied away from offering contracts.

How do we know that for sure ? Or it was an sheet we screwed up moment for them ?

YOU, the emotional, dense fan, wanted him at that price. That is why you are blaming the FO.

Ahh name calling. The last resort of the super intellectuals, i guess!

Whats the French word for douche ?

How are you doing finding those reports of the Jets making an offer to Braylon? I'm particularly interested in the ones saying they offered more than the '9ers.

And here is the typical stupidity you would expect . Like I said if Mason would have gone to any of our 3 division rivals this goof would have been the first one on the forums to Laugh out Loud. Im glad you have the green Glases Klecko, I do alot of the times as well .The one pet peeve i have with this organisation for the past 12 years and the 10 before we signed Keyshawn was the WR postion. Its a joke and its going to hurt the growth of our talented young QB.

You're a joke pal.

You've got 10 people disagreeing with you and you have the balls to attack me? Call me stupid? Call me a goof? Call me homer? (aka the plaintive wail of the jackass with no legitimate argument, you still think Pennington can be a great NFL QB and I'M the homer?)

Free piece of advice: if JiF and I are agreeing on something, you probably want to be on our side.

Archived