Site Upgrade - Thursday 8/25

EDIT: The upgrade is done, thanks for your patience while we reconfigure things. The site won't be blue forever, we have to reskin the site. Thanks.

We are upgrading to the latest version of IPB's software on Thursday 8/25. Their will be somewhere in the neighborhood of an hour of downtime. This version provides us many new benefits...

• New user interface
  • Improved forum search
  • Central notification system
  • New and improved photo gallery
  • Chat room with 250 user license (this was just installed)

We also have the option of moving to a new like system if we want to. This one shows publicly who left positive \ negative rep essentially. We will start a thread on that to get feedback on that topic after the upgrade.

Thanks and this will take place during the day on Thursday, most likely some time in the morning. We appreciate your patience during our downtime.

Truly,

JetNation (the site that cares)

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We are upgrading to the latest version of IPB's software on Thursday 8/25. Their will be somewhere in the neighborhood of an hour of downtime. This version provides us many new benefits...

• New user interface
  • Improved forum search

We also have the option of moving to a new like system if we want to. This one shows publicly who left positive \ negative rep essentially. We will start a thread on that to get feedback on that topic after the upgrade.

Thanks and this will take place during the day on Thursday, most likely some time in the morning. We appreciate your patience during our downtime.

Truly,

Use the like system... think facebook... people love that stuff

It would be really cool if they could create a feature like facebook did where we could tag other posters and it would notify them... so I could say... @Max and it would notify you.

• New user interface
  • Improved forum search

Truly,

The rep already shows you who leaves it. We want rep COMMENTS DAMN IT!!!!

h8 JN

• New user interface
  • Improved forum search

Truly,

Left out the part about bigger boobies.

Dude, isn't htere a size restriction for signnatures? Holy crap that anchors is driving me nuts its so huge... I'd ban you if I were a mod.

Well, seeing as a mod put it in there and I can't figure out how to remove it because whenever I do it says I have a exceeded the size limit and won't let me edit it.

Well, seeing as a mod put it in there and I can't figure out how to remove it because whenever I do it says I have a exceeded the size limit and won't let me edit it.

I was only kidding - remember you nom'ed me for modship at the other site, hence me saying "if I were mod"

You can bring back your anchor popeye...

Just a reminder...this is happening on Thursday sometime in the morning.

The site will be down temporarily. And when it comes back nothing will work initially, and the stuff that does work will look completely foreign to you.

Thanks, in advance, for your cooperation and patience. :D

Any chance the forums will be on tapatalk?

We will be putting out a new iPhone and Android apps hopefully really soon. When we have those, would you still want tapatalk? We could put that out there...I just don't think we would have to, even with the native mobile skin. If I am wrong though and there are other benefits, I am all ears. :D

1. I agree with JiF on the rep comments.

2. If you make me have to figure out something to do that constitutes real work tomorrow morning I will be very upset.

No. It looks slightly different but it won't be hard to figure out. I like setting the bar low so we can keep the complaints to a minimum. :)

Here are some of the user benefits in the new version:

• Cleaner looking and easier to use interface.
  • Viewing the list of topics, you can click to have more topics load on the same page instead of having to navigate to another page (but you can still navigate to another page if you want).
  • When typing in a quick reply, you get notified if another reply has already been made.
  • Drafts are auto-saved.
  • The focus is more on content rather than it being buried inside of everything else.

No. It looks slightly different but it won't be hard to figure out. I like setting the bar low so we can keep the complaints to a minimum. :)

I didn't mean work in terms of figuring out the updated site, that's not a concern. I meant if the update keeps the site down for any extended period of time, in which case I would have to do REAL work... like, for my job and stuff. Ew.

We will be putting out a new iPhone and Android apps hopefully really soon. When we have those, would you still want tapatalk? We could put that out there...I just don't think we would have to, even with the native mobile skin. If I am wrong though and there are other benefits, I am all ears. :D

I like tapatalk quite a bit and how long is it gonna take for these apps to be released?

This is exactly what I was talking about. I had to figure out something else to do with the first hour of my work day. Completely unacceptable.

Just for you we brought it back online while it was still blue. Didn't want to make you wait any longer than you had to. :winking0001:

Archived