What preparations will make for the hurricane

visajets

I live about 1 mile from the Raritan Bay. It is such a calm bay that when there are storms like this I always head down there just to watch it. That Mother Nature can be pretty powerful.

Yeah, you should come out on the boat with me some time. I can show you how much it can not be a calm bay at times. I've had many a trip where my butthole was puckered trying to make it back to those sailboats off Keyport.

Yeah, you should come out on the boat with me some time. I can show you how much it can not be a calm bay at times. I've had many a trip where my butthole was puckered trying to make it back to those sailboats off Keyport.

Max is all about getting his butthole puckered.

I'm not doing anything. Supposedly there was some kind of earthquake the other day. I never felt it.

Hurricane Bob came through New England 20 years ago and did jack all to my place at the time. I just don't want to lose power.

BTW: If you live on the Ocean I have no compassion for you. Live on the Ocean = Damage. That's what insurance is for.

I'm not doing anything. Supposedly there was some kind of earthquake the other day. I never felt it.

Hurricane Bob came through New England 20 years ago and did jack all to my place at the time. I just don't want to lose power.

BTW: If you live on the Ocean I have no compassion for you. Live on the Ocean = Damage. That's what insurance is for.

LOL this is comical. Nobody was asking for your compassion but it isn't like the hurricane just runs through houses on the Ocean. I am one mile from the bay and about 8 miles from the Ocean. Depending on the path it could be bad for people that don't, "live on the Ocean".

I do have insurance though.

Looks like we're evacuating tomorrow sometime. Looks like it's going to get pretty ugly around here.

Where are you going? To a shelter off the coast or do you have friends\relatives down there?

Either way...good luck.

Where are you going? To a shelter off the coast or do you have friends\relatives down there?

Either way...good luck.

No relatives around, heading to a hotel inland for a couple of days.

Nice........except for times like these. Thoughts and prayers with you and your family.

Thanks.

Most of US live in the Tri-State area and I wish US ALL good luck. If you have a generator today would be the day to get it running, get fuel and supplies such as water and propane so you will be able to cook if theres no power. Coolers of ice,batteries etc. Be safe not sorry.

Anytime there's even a hint of bad weather in this area, people start acting like complete lunatics (you know, more so than usual). I needed to go out to grab something for dinner last night and every store was swarmed with people buying up everything imaginable as if they're going to be trapped in their homes for the next 3 months. It's absolutely ridiculous. I can't even be bothered to go out and pick anything up, as it's just not worth having to deal with that crap, and you know what, I'm sure I'll be just fine.

Im all set and not bragging hope others learn. Heres a list what I have a generator 15 gallons of gas. Propane grills and stoves. 4 cases of water. Radios,flashlights,lanterns,chain-saws a 4x4 Quad 3 4x4 trucks. Food and beer. 2" honda trash pump. Guns and ammo. Lets do this.

Archived