FRANK WALKER

PUNTER

BEN GRAHAM

BRAD MAYNARD [1ST CHIOCE FOR PUNTER]

MATT DODGE { NO WAY]

KICKERS

DAVE RAYNER

SHAWN GRAHAM

ANY OF THESE PLAYERS YOU WANT FOR YOUR TEAM?

I would love to see us pick up Chester Taylor one of the better receiving backs that would be a nice option for Sanchez. Sorry but Mc Knight sitting around doing nothing for another year is not helping this team out .

The amount of playing time that the 3rd or 4th backs get on the Jets has everything to do with how well LT's playing. And that doesn't matter if it's McKnight, Powell, or Taylor.

By the second half of the season, I think either McKnight or Powell will be a major contributor on offense. McKnight's a very good receiver. He's another guy who needs some experience, but he can line up wide, too, and catch the ball. I suspect the Jets will run LT into the ground to open the year, and that McKnight will step in to finish the year.

Slats I think Taylor can be worked in Funny so many teams find ways to work all their backs into the game plan and all their WR's while we have players sitting the bench who never see the field. I always like to use N.O. as an example they have 4 Backs who can all catch the football or run it down your throat plus they have 4 WR's that can all contribute. They just lost Reggie Bush and immidiately replced him with Darren Sproles why cant the Jets surround our QB with that type of talent ? Keeps them fresh. We have 3 skill players that are 30 + one at RB and two- 35 plus at WR. Sorry but were looking at another inept year on Offense.

I know you love your Saints, but this post is a load of crap.

Greene and LT each produced more on the ground than any NO RB, and LT was more productive in the passing game than any NO RB. Brad Smith running the wildcat had more rushing yards than NO's #2 RB.

Jets RB's are fine.

Slats I think Taylor can be worked in Funny so many teams find ways to work all their backs into the game plan and all their WR's while we have players sitting the bench who never see the field. I always like to use N.O. as an example they have 4 Backs who can all catch the football or run it down your throat plus they have 4 WR's that can all contribute. They just lost Reggie Bush and immidiately replced him with Darren Sproles why cant the Jets surround our QB with that type of talent ? Keeps them fresh. We have 3 skill players that are 30 + one at RB and two- 35 plus at WR. Sorry but were looking at another inept year on Offense.

Are the Jets seriously going into the season with 4 WR ? You would think they would not want to burn out the old guys . Pretty ******* stupid if you ask me . Are there any Offensive Coordinators on the FA list :)

Yes. They seriously are. They basically carried three last year. They aren't carrying four anyway. They are carrying five. Payne is on the roster and they are going to use him once he heals up. It would be pretty ******* stupid to cut a useful LB to keep a useless WR. Why are you worried about burning out the old guys? Holmes and Kerley aren't old and Plaxico and Mason are on one year contracts. You are supposed to use up guys on one year contracts. It's the entire purpose.

ADD TO LIST

QB

TRENT EDWARDS

CB

WALTER MCFADDEN

LITO SHEPPARD

Lito Sheppard was on the street last week and they weren't interested. I'm pretty sure they aren't interested now.

Not that I'm uninterested in the WR debate. (I've made known my displeasure with this years decisions there) but I would really like to see the Jets sign Merriweather. He's got a little bit of nasty in him that I like. Plus it's an F U to the pats which I like as well. He's good. Better than anyone we have on our team at the position IMO. That move would make me very happy. Don't think we can really afford him though.

Not that I'm uninterested in the WR debate. (I've made known my displeasure with this years decisions there) but I would really like to see the Jets sign Merriweather. He's got a little bit of nasty in him that I like. Plus it's an F U to the pats which I like as well. He's good. Better than anyone we have on our team at the position IMO. That move would make me very happy. Don't think we can really afford him though.

Mrreiweather is only consistent at one thing, and it's being out of position. He can hit, but that's the best part of his game by far.

I know you love your Saints, but this post is a load of crap.

Greene and LT each produced more on the ground than any NO RB, and LT was more productive in the passing game than any NO RB. Brad Smith running the wildcat had more rushing yards than NO's #2 RB.

Jets RB's are fine.

Im not saying the Saints RB's are better runners Im saying they are all better receiving out of the backfield. I dont care really what brad smith did at this point because hes no longer here and I dont see Kerley putting up those kind of numbers until I see it for real. Compare the running game of the Saints when they won the SB they ran for what 160 per game and were light years ahead of us in catching the football. They run the type of offense we should be running and alot of it contirbutes to Drew Brees incredible completion percentage. He uses his backs as do most QB's with High completion rates. Lats years production for the Saints Dropped because 3 of their backs were hurt and it took its toll on the team .

Yes. They seriously are. They basically carried three last year. They aren't carrying four anyway. They are carrying five. Payne is on the roster and they are going to use him once he heals up. It would be pretty ******* stupid to cut a useful LB to keep a useless WR. Why are you worried about burning out the old guys? Holmes and Kerley aren't old and Plaxico and Mason are on one year contracts. You are supposed to use up guys on one year contracts. It's the entire purpose.

Lito Sheppard was on the street last week and they weren't interested. I'm pretty sure they aren't interested now.

Dom

Kerley still has to prove to us he can handle the NFl in the regular season he didnt light it up vs num 2 and 3 's now did he ? Yes Im worried about burning out Plax and Mason

he's also really fast

Fast is only relevant if you know which direction you are supposed to run in. Which brings me back to him being out of position regularly, he's a bit of a freelancers. Who knows maybe it would work in Rex's scheme, but I'm skeptical.

Cracks me up that people want to give up on our own draft picks, who were specifically drafted to be developed behind our starters... Because "they are fast and athletic but can't play football" and at the same time they want us to chase after every other teams flunkies with the exact same issues.

There is no difference between being patient with Wilson, and signing Merriweather hoping he can leverage his speed and athleticism if he can figure out how to play the scheme. Hypocrisy is rampant on JN right now.

I have not seen Brandon Tate play a lot. But given that we has only 4WRs worth keeping on the team the JETS need to sign him up!

Kellen Clemens will be on the JETS team from the 2nd week till McElroy comes back.

the Jets aren't keeping Drew Willy on the PS-I would really like to see us re-sign Wallace Wright JFID...our 5th WR isn't going to be counted on to catch footballs, only be a gunner and Wallace is the best gunner we ever had-let him fill in for Logan Payne-hell, he's gotta come real cheap anyway. Oh yea Primate-Merriweather signed with the Bears this morning

Dom

Kerley still has to prove to us he can handle the NFl in the regular season he didnt light it up vs num 2 and 3 's now did he ? Yes Im worried about burning out Plax and Mason

You are missing the point. They went with 3 WRs last year. One, Cotchery, was hurt for most of the year. You don't trust Kerley, but you want to carry Patrick Turner? He's a stiff and he'll be on the practice squad if they need another WR. No worries. If somebody gets hurt they will be ready. I will be perfectly happy if they burn out Plax and Mason by riding them. They will get more bodies next year. I think Kerley looked good and will easily provide the production that Brad Smith produced. A litte less return and rushing and a lot more receptions. Not rookie Brad Smith but five year vet Brad Smith. FWIW I saw him agains the ones and he looked fine. Of course he looked bad against 2s and 3s the Jets had a chicken armed QB and bad line play from their 2nd and 3rd teams.

the Jets aren't keeping Drew Willy on the PS-I would really like to see us re-sign Wallace Wright JFID...our 5th WR isn't going to be counted on to catch footballs, only be a gunner and Wallace is the best gunner we ever had-let him fill in for Logan Payne-hell, he's gotta come real cheap anyway. Oh yea Primate-Merriweather signed with the Bears this morning

I am not sure about Kerley as yet till i see him perform in the regular season. Plus we have a two veterans on the squad. Not sure if the JETS would like to wear them out. Think Tate is a good option as #WR. He had about 432 yards and 3 TDs last season.

Archived