Green Bay- New Orleans- who do you like?

faba

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

History is on Green Bay's side, as the last team to lose their season opener after winning a Super Bowl were the Elway-less Broncos back in '99. Not to mention, New Orleans' defense looks putrid.

Its an intriguing matchup nonetheless. We're talking about the last two champions and their respective elite QB's facing off. Should be fun.

I say Green Bay 24, Saints 17.

This is one of those matchups that at any other point in the season I'd probably slightly favor whichever is the home team. When you add in it being the first game of the season and home opener for the defending champs, while I think it'll be a good game, under the circumstances I have to go with Green Bay. Credit to the NFL, they certainly came up with a good matchup choice to kick off the season.

This is one of those matchups that at any other point in the season I'd probably slightly favor whichever is the home team. When you add in it being the first game of the season and home opener for the defending champs, while I think it'll be a good game, under the circumstances I have to go with Green Bay. Credit to the NFL, they certainly came up with a good matchup choice to kick off the season.

+ 1

Not to mention, Brees won't use this opportunity to raise his finger up in the air in "player solidarity" like he did in last season's opener in New Orleans.

Archived