Jaguars WR Jason Hill: "Revis is overhyped"

Jetsfan80

That's a scary proposition. Frankly, I'd puts odds on the fact that if Marcedes Lewis plays on Sunday, that's going to be the primary assignment of either Revis or Cromartie, while the other takes on Thomas. The rest of these guys can easily be handled by Wilson and Co.

I'd be on board with that. Ultimately I think we'll just put Revis on Thomas all day and blanket Lewis with a LB and safety help. There's no need to use our safeties for anything other than helping out on Lewis. I think this is the week we see Cro get a pick.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe it's just me but I'm failing to see where he says that Revis is the one that's actually overhyped. It looks like he was talking about a couple in general, then the reporter asked him about Revis, and he went on to say he's a good player. That he didn't fellate him on the spot doesn't make him a rhutard.

He's right also. New York players would be more well known since NY athletes in professional sports would get more pub than a pro playing in Jacksonville. I'm not so sure that Nick Mangold would be a household name if he played for the Jags.

He's right also. New York players would be more well known since NY athletes in professional sports would get more pub than a pro playing in Jacksonville. I'm not so sure that Nick Mangold would be a household name if he played for the Jags.

Maybe, but if Rex was the Jaguars coach, they'd get attention. Mostly because they'd be leading the league in f***ing wins every year. Plus the matchups with Peyton twice a year would have been epic.

Glad as hell he's our coach. Without him, we wouldn't have to worry about being "overhyped", because we'd still be the laughingstock of the league.

Mangold says hello!

Mangold's very good, even elite.. Revis is so obviously better then anyone else it's sickening.. Plus Mangold is white and looks like Klacko probably imagines himself to look like when peering into the mirror sans glasses... powerful, abundant, def not fat... so there's bias

Mangold's very good, even elite.. Revis is so obviously better then anyone else it's sickening.. Plus Mangold is white and looks like Klacko probably imagines himself to look like when peering into the mirror sans glasses... powerful, abundant, def not fat... so there's bias

Just like when you look in the mirror you don't see this:

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/images/uploads/nerd.jpg

but everyone else see that when they look at you.

http://larrybrownspo...-new-york/87475

Jason Hill Thinks Darrelle Revis Is Overhyped Because He Plays in New York

By Larry Brown September 16, 2011

Most New York football fans had never heard of Jason Hill before this week. Now, all of them will probably know his name.

The little-known Jaguars wide receiver said Wednesday the reason the Jets players get a lot of attention is not because they’re better than other players in the league, but because they play under a bigger spotlight.

“This is a league full of great players. I think sometimes they get overhyped. I talked to Drew [Coleman], Drew played there. He says it’s just the aura of New York. They got a big media. That’s not the Jacksonville paper, that’s the big New York Times paper so they get more pub. That’s what it is.

Drew Coleman played for the Jets for five years. He started as a rookie and nobody has ever ******* heard of him.

Really what statistics are you looking at?

David Garrard started 1 game over his first 2 years in the league.

In fact he didn't start a full season of games until his 7th year, when oh by the way, he went 5-11.

Looking at career totals, Sanchez will need to improve to have a similar stat totals.

By the way teams go 5-11 not QBs.

I borrowed this from flgreen:

September 16, 2011 1:19 PM 1 comment

Darrelle Revis on Jaguars WR Jason Hill: “I don't even know who that is. He shouldn't have been talking in the first place'

BY Manish Mehta

A day after Jaguars wide receiver Jason Hill suggested that Darrelle Revis – and the rest of the Jets—may be overhyped, the All-Pro cornerback fired back.

“I don't even know who that is," Revis said after practice today. "He shouldn't have been talking in the first place."

On Thursday, Hill told the Florida Times-Union that Revis may be a product of all the exposure in the New York media market.

"This is a game full of good players making plays. He just made a lot more plays on TV than we've made being here in Jacksonville," Hill told the Florida Times-Union. "He's a good player. We respect him. Hopefully he respects us because we're going to bring it just like they're going to bring it."

Hill, who is playing his sixth season, has 55 career receptions and five career touchdowns. He’s listed as doubtful for Sunday’s game against the Jets with a hip injury. Revis, predictably, hopes that Hill plays.

"This is a league full of great players. I think sometimes they get overhyped," Hill said. "I talked to Drew (Coleman). Drew played there (in New York). He says it's just the aura of New York. They got a big media."

Rex Ryan also chimed in on Hill's remarks.

"The best corner in football, and it's not close, is Darrelle Revis," Ryan said. "We'll see how he feels after the game."

“Who are we kidding?" Ryan added. "He’s the best in the league. It’s not close. Jason Hill, Osgood, any of those guys that are out there will find that out… just like they do every week when they go up against this guy.”

Revis was on the receiving end of a similar comment as a rookie when then-Cowboys WR Terrell Owens said that he had never heard of the Jets cornerback in the run-up to that the game. Revis held Owens in check for most of that game before Owens scored a late touchdown.

NOTES:

LB David Harris (toe), WR Santonio Holmes (ankle.quad) and S Eris Smith (ankle) are questionable. Ryan says he believes that Harris will play Sunday. However, he didn't sound as confident about Holmes' and Smith's chances at this point.

"I feel good about David playing," Ryan said. "The other two guys, I think it's questionable whether they play. I'm hoping they do. But we'll see."

-- With Kevin Armstrong

For more Jets news, follow Manish Mehta on Twitter at http://Twitter.com/TheJetsStream

Another receiver for Revis to shut up this weekend. It seems like there's someone flapping their gums every week about crap like this. Guarantee he won't be talking after a 2 catch, 17 yard performance this Sunday. Like, did you even watch Revis last game? There's no question he's #1 or 2 in the league. He pretty much won us the last game. That's like saying Peyton Manning is overrated. It's not just because he's in NY. Even our own NY media hates the Jets, but you can't deny how he pretty much makes our defensive system. Without him, we'd be substantially weaker on D. Even the biggest Jets haters agree that Revis is one of the best corners in the league. Need evidence? Watch his mic'd up special with his matchup with Bryant.. or ANY game from the last couple years.

What is it you like so much? The spinning Jet or boasting about our 2002 AFCE Championship?

It's the combination of both. Also the subtle aspect of the graphic qualities of the gif seeming to match up with the date. Quite honestly that might be the best piece of unintentional humor I've ever seen on a Jets board.

Bwhwhahahaha....maybe this an attempt to get Revis to cover him because he knows he sucks and wont get any catches, therefore freeing up the beastly Mike Thomas to destroy the Jets secondary.

I started to have the same thought after I read that article and then I scrolled down and began reading your post and it was like your post and my thoughts melded into one. It was orgasmic.

Archived