Can't blame Sanchez for this loss..

Latinlawyer

Praising conventional stats when the context is that blatantly obvious is just benign at this point.

I dont think its blatantly obvious at all. Not when you cant do anything on offense. It would be one thing if the running game was killing it, the offense line was lights out and we had a great play caller...but considering the run game in non-existent, the offense line is one of the worst in the league and we have an OC that cant adjust to a team switching to ******* zone....its hard for me, a known Sanchez hater, to say that is obvious.

Reality is, we could argue that with all those factors making his job that much harder, that his statistical improvements are actually quite impressive.

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I dont think its blatantly obvious at all. Not when you cant do anything on offense. It would be one thing if the running game was killing it, the offense line was lights out and we had a great play caller...but considering the run game in non-existent, the offense line is one of the worst in the league and we have an OC that cant adjust to a team switching to ******* zone....its hard for me, a known Sanchez hater, to say that is obvious.

Reality is, we could argue that with all those factors making his job that much harder, that his statistical improvements are actually quite impressive.

Winners go home and **** the prom queen.

Yes, because it's really that simple. How poorly he was executing everything else had nothing to do with him having to consistently screen or check down.

So, because Sanchez was 15/30 to his non-RB targets, that necessitated him throwing to his RBs (12/13).

Come on.... 80 of those syards were on a screen and the last drive was against a prevent... Sanchez again went long stretches of the game looking like poop

the fact that the defense stunk doesn't mean sanchez couldn't have stunk too.. they are not mutually exclusive

How does one look like poop when he still completes 65% of passes, a stat that includes a bunch of EASY drops that should have been completions. His efficiency is better. When the offensive line is getting manhandled and the receivers aren't getting open, what can you do? He got sacked 4 times. Lemme guess, that was his fault too.

Oh stop it with this. 12 of his 27 completions were to Greene and Tomlinson. About 50% of his yardage came from that as well. That's pathetic, regardless of who you'd like to blame.

A completion is still a completion. I don't care if he's throwing it to Matt Slauson. It doesn't make his throws any less accurate. The receivers weren't getting open, the line wasn't giving him enough time, plus Schotty is an idiot. Despite all that he still has a good game.

Sanchez had a good day outside of one bad INT. His o-line was leaky. So many pressures....Raiders were hitting Sanchez left and right...and he still threw for 369 yards, 2 tds throwing, 1 td running and 1 INT.

Pick a Goat:

1) Cromartie

2) O-Line

3) Calvin Pace (held the Raiders giving them a 1st down instead of a 3rd and 8,....so they score a FG...)

ugh...

LL

I been really impress by Mark this year, you have to give it to the raiders they put it up, but yeah Cromartie flags(only one was deserving) and the fumble hurt bad...but we should have been able to come back any way. I blame shotty

Yeah, the stats are all well and good but the problem imo is he seems to play aloof to start and doesn't seem to really turn it on until they are down and need a comeback. I don't know if it's focus and/ or if there is a fear to make the big play unless he feels he has to. Now, is it the coaching staff still holding him back putting pressure on him to protect the ball and let the D win the game combined with maybe still some immaturity, I dont know? But something is off/wrong. The mistakes seem to come at the wrong time and great plays seem to only come when his backs against the wall. I'm glad the kid seems to have guts at crunch time but I'm still waiting for a complete game from him. I do think some of it has to do w/ Shotty's momentum killing play calling. How much. Of that is to blame I don't know. But it still feels like they don't trust the kid until it's bailout time. That said the OL has been terrible and Shotty seems more concerned about balancing the game with a run, instead of going for the throat when Sanchez seems to be getting hot.

As long as we're playing the hindsight game, I'd give anything to go back and read Mick's posts on how McFadden's legs were to skinny to succeed in the NFL.

McFadden has bulked up since college, and he still gets nicked up a lot. Isn't he questionable for the Pats game?

That being said- backs with bulkier legs are the guys that seem to be successful in the NFL

Yesterday

22-32 180 yards 0 TD's 2 interceptions 56.8 rating

So far this season 2 TD's 4 picks. What would this board be like if those were Sanchez's stats

Also although Freeman has completed a better % 68 to 63 for Sanchez, his YPA is a paltry 6.4 compared to 8.0 for Sanchez......Must be alot of checkdowns going on in Tampa...... :winking0001:

Archived