flgreen

Remember last week: Bills edition

November, 7, 2011

Nov 7

9:00

AM ET

By James Walker

We warned you, Bills Mafia.

Someone had to lose Sunday's game between the Buffalo Bills and New York Jets. Therefore, one side had to eat a lot of crow for the immense trash-talking on both sides.

The Jets backed up their talk with a convincing 27-11 victory. But let's take a look at what Bills fans had to say leading into Sunday's game.

buf.gifEnjoy.

• Mumdawg21 writes: Buffalo will have a field day with the Jets' secondary.

• 14Fitzmagic writes: Mark Sanchez will throw at least three picks to the Bills, one for a touchdown. Bills will win by 10-15 points. Say goodbye to the playoff race Jets fans.

• Bk2421 writes: Man, you Jets fans REALLY enjoy looking at what happened in the past and not what is going on in the present. Oh, we did this last year to the Bills. This happened over the stretch of these years to the Bills. Blah blah blah.

• Taskerisgod writes: Jets, you don’t matter. Stop posting. You are third and don’t matter. You are the easy game on teams schedules.

• jp123544 writes: B-I-L-L-S...BILLS BILLS BILLS...BUFALLO BILLS!! RUN FREDDY RUN...That's what he's gonna do.

• SOSSED UP writes: Redskins offense>Jets offense.

• ChrisHer1125 writes: Fred Jackson will rush for more yards than the Sanchise will have through the air.

• Dcon522 writes: From the Jets fans I've talked to, they think they are playing the Bills of two years ago.

• Faw67 writes: The Jets are the JETS -- the team the fails no matter what. The team that make fans put a paper bag over their heads. A team whose acronym says "Just End This Season".

• Rich Baco writes: Unlike Jets fans...Buffalo will do it's talkin' on the field.

• Huey5711 writes: Jets lose and lose big, Franchize throws three picks, 34-14.

• NorthShorepsbc writes: Bills fans don't know what you are up against. You are facing a team that has guaranteed more consecutive Super Bowl championships than any team in NFL history.

• NYxHITMANx writes: Hey remember the last time the Jets were in the Super Bowl? Neither do I.

• Hanneman28 writes: Buffalo doesn't need the approval of other teams fans to be awesome and hard to beat. The just need to be hungry and fired up that way those same fans can call them a fluke at the end of the season while they are watching the playoffs from home. Go Bills!

• Cuse271 writes: Have you ever studied the Bills offense? You clearly don't know anything about football. They clearly stumped Bill Belichick. Oh, that’s right, you know more than the best coach in the NFL? The Bills are for real, and not one of their fans expect them to collapse.

• Jpicc8049 writes: Jets are No. 28 in rush offense. Pure awesomeness.

• BigBS7980 writes: Apparently Fred Jackson isn't someone you Jet fans take into consideration. Better hope they game plan for him or it will be a long long day for your Yets.

• Fifi592003 writes: I have a feeling the Bills and their fans will treat this game like the Super Bowl. Trust me, the Bills will be pumped up. This is why I see the Jets losing.

• Khorvat2 writes: Bills 27 - Jets 17 #Yessir

• Depor78 writes: It's gonna be a Happy Sunday at my crib son. Bills 38, Jets 7.

• Secondfh writes: 90-0, Bills.

Remember last week, Bills fans?

Bwhahahahahhaa....awesome thread.

All the experts picked them too. I just didnt see it. The Bills stink. And the Jets are really good. Dont know why people cant see it. Its cool though. I like it this way. All the experts will pick the Pats this week too. Which I'm cool with. We've always played better as the underdog.

My prediction was 24-13. And I'm sorry I insulted the defense like that.

All the experts picked them too. I just didnt see it. The Bills stink. And the Jets are really good. Dont know why people cant see it. Its cool though. I like it this way. All the experts will pick the Pats this week too. Which I'm cool with. We've always played better as the underdog.

This is actually the first game this year I picked the Jets in.

When I spoke to my sister-in-law (Bills fan) yesterday morning and we brought up watching the game, she was exuberant, almost giddy! It was just soooo weird to hear a Bills fan so arrogant before playing us. I told my wife - "I can't remember the last time Bills fans thought they had a chance against us?" Definitely an uncommon feeling. And for the record, I was not obnoxious and did not rub it in. I'll wait until tonight ...

They're good. But there's still a lot of work they need to do in order to make another run in the playoffs. I dont have a lot of confidence in this offense yet.

Its coming together. It all starts upfront and the first 5 games of the year they were awful up front. The OL is looking good again, still need to eliminate the pre-snap penalties but the run game is there, the pass protection is there and the receivers are starting to figure it out. Seeing Plax playing the way he is right now is definitely promising.

They have work to do as they need to get better, but they are turning the corner right now and getting a win Sunday will be huge as the rest of our schedule is very favorable.

I'm not too upset. If we win at your place in 3 weeks, this game won't have meant anything. Lots of season left!

The only thing I said is that the game was going to be a good one. That I was obviously wrong about. I thought some of the penalties were also a joke, but that's not why we lost the game. Oh well, still have the same record as everyone save Miami. All is not lost.

I'm not too upset. If we win at your place in 3 weeks, this game won't have meant anything. Lots of season left!

The only thing I said is that the game was going to be a good one. That I was obviously wrong about. I thought some of the penalties were also a joke, but that's not why we lost the game. Oh well, still have the same record as everyone save Miami. All is not lost.

you won't

Bills fans are a bit delusional. They saw the bills beat up on the JV squad from washington last week and they got a little giddy. Reality came calling yesterday. The jets are a much better coached and more talented team. Plain and simple. The rematch will be much of the same. The bills are better than they have been for the last few years but they are still a year or 2 away from being a playoff contender. Reality bites.

I dont know bro...they just dont match up well vs. the Jets. The Jets are more talented at every single position on the roster sans RB, maybe QB but with what the Jets do to a QB, unfortunately for you, the Jets have the edge there in that particular game. Fitz clearly couldnt read the Jets at all and minus the turnovers, Sanchez was able to move the ball pretty well.

Sorry bud, dont see you guys beating the Jets in NY. Not a chance. That was a complete and utter a$$ beating and I see nothing that would make another contest any different.

But you're right, lots of season left. Good luck in big D!

I dont know bro...they just dont match up well vs. the Jets. The Jets are more talented at every single position on the roster sans RB, maybe QB but with what the Jets do to a QB, unfortunately for you, the Jets have the edge there in that particular game. Fitz clearly couldnt read the Jets at all and minus the turnovers, Sanchez was able to move the ball pretty well.

Sorry bud, dont see you guys beating the Jets in NY. Not a chance. That was a complete and utter a$$ beating and I see nothing that would make another contest any different.

But you're right, lots of season left. Good luck in big D!

It happens all the time with divisional games in the NFL where one team blows out the other, then in the next matchup the team that was blown out wins. Pittsburgh almost proved that Sunday. They were 20 some seconds from OT.

So it's possible. I'm not worried about the Jets anymore though. All that matters is Dallas right now. If we don't win the games in Dallas and Miami, the Jets game won't matter anyway.

Was on NFL.com last night now all of the experts are saying that we're about to run away with the afc east.

these experts are NEVER wrong lol.

Archived