Be Careful

Vince Lombardi

While many may think the Patriots are reeling ... I can tell you they are not. I've been watching the game of football for far too long and can tell you that a team with their pedigree, leadership along with that legendary headcoach and quarterback duo, are not at all reeling and far from it. All of a sudden, the team looses two games decided by a TD or less and they are reeling? Has everyone lost their minds? This team obviously had some valleys during their season but with all the transitions, personnel changes on defense, and great defenses they have faced ... they were still in plenty of positions to win those games, and you have to think that with all of that adversity has only increased their experience, knowledge and growth in areas needed.

Lets remember, we are talking about one of the greatest if not the greatest Quarterback in the history of football when he hangs his cleats up for the last time along with his Hall of Fame coach who I don't think will lie down in any situation, especially after two tough losses, and a divisional opponent coming up where steaks are extremely high. You know they embrace that challenge. And when philosophies are put out about stopping them, well things like "clamp down on Wes Welker, and key in on the Tight Ends and you win." Well, not exactly true, its all on their defense. Because as good as some defensive stars maybe .. Wes is just as good, and will get open. It's going to happen, like the sun will rise and the moon will shine. It's inevitable, he is that awesome and fun to watch. And those two towers of terror at Tightend, they make their plays at will as well. Like I said again, its all on the Patriot defense.

By the way, will Chad Ochocinco have a breakout game? because if he does and I have a feeling he will sooner then later then you absolutely have to respect him and his ability to cremate your secondary. But then how do you account for everyone else? Because #85 turned up won't be singled. Then there is Danny Woodhead, who is getting very healthy for the first time all this season. Not to mention the return of Kevin Faulk, the best 3rd Down back in the NFL. And speaking of third downs, Deion Branch is still a very good player who excels at getting those must need yards to keep the chains moving. But just in case thats not enough, what if they decide to get the young elusive Julian Edelman involved, who can look real good in the slot. I've heard plenty of talk lately that they will. Ultimately, there are plenty of tools in the old bag of tricks for Belichick and his staff to use. And certainly Tom and staff will open things up and bring the entire army to the air again. AND DO NOT FORGET ABOUT THE RUN, IT WILL KILL YOU IF YOU.

So lesson in short, there is simply no magic known to keeping their team under 17 because it simply won't happen. Pittsburgh is the only team that succeeded, and it was exactly 17 points and thats only because Tom and that offense was barely on the field. So remain humble about the game and look forward to a good one.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

While many may think the Patriots are reeling ... I can tell you they are not. I've been watching the game of football for far too long and can tell you that a team with their pedigree, leadership along with that legendary headcoach and quarterback duo, are not at all reeling and far from it. All of a sudden, the team looses two games decided by a TD or less and they are reeling? Has everyone lost their minds? This team obviously had some valleys during their season but with all the transitions, personnel changes on defense, and great defenses they have faced ... they were still in plenty of positions to win those games, and you have to think that with all of that adversity has only increased their experience, knowledge and growth in areas needed.

Lets remember, we are talking about one of the greatest if not the greatest Quarterback in the history of football when he hangs his cleats up for the last time along with his Hall of Fame coach who I don't think will lie down in any situation, especially after two tough losses, and a divisional opponent coming up where steaks are extremely high. You know they embrace that challenge. And when philosophies are put out about stopping them, well things like "clamp down on Wes Welker, and key in on the Tight Ends and you win." Well, not exactly true, its all on their defense. Because as good as some defensive stars maybe .. Wes is just as good, and will get open. It's going to happen, like the sun will rise and the moon will shine. It's inevitable, he is that awesome and fun to watch. And those two towers of terror at Tightend, they make their plays at will as well. Like I said again, its all on the Patriot defense.

By the way, will Chad Ochocinco have a breakout game? because if he does and I have a feeling he will sooner then later then you absolutely have to respect him and his ability to cremate your secondary. But then how do you account for everyone else? Because #85 turned up won't be singled. Then there is Danny Woodhead, who is getting very healthy for the first time all this season. Not to mention the return of Kevin Faulk, the best 3rd Down back in the NFL. And speaking of third downs, Deion Branch is still a very good player who excels at getting those must need yards to keep the chains moving. But just in case thats not enough, what if they decide to get the young elusive Julian Edelman involved, who can look real good in the slot. I've heard plenty of talk lately that they will. Ultimately, there are plenty of tools in the old bag of tricks for Belichick and his staff to use. And certainly Tom and staff will open things up and bring the entire army to the air again. AND DO NOT FORGET ABOUT THE RUN, IT WILL KILL YOU IF YOU.

So lesson in short, there is simply no magic known to keeping their team under 17 because it simply won't happen. Pittsburgh is the only team that succeeded, and it was exactly 17 points and thats only because Tom and that offense was barely on the field. So remain humble about the game and look forward to a good one.

Good grief. :face:

If time of possession is not won, then Tom will not be kept under 30 points. Ask the Giants, Dallas and Pittsburgh. And even still, 17 points against the Steelers, 20 against Dallas and 20 against the Giants.

If Sanchez eats his wheaties and is given six seconds in the pocket he will light up the scoreboard for no less than 40 points by throwing fade routes to Burress all night long.

Question ... How many playoff games has the legendary coach and the legendary quarterback won in the last three years?

Answer ... Zero. In fact, they're 0-2, losing 2 games AT HOME in which they were heavily favored.

Question ... How many playoff games has the legendary coach and the legendary quarterback won in the past 6 years?

Answer ... 5 ... along with 5 losses, That's right, they're 5-5 in playoff games since 2004.

Now ... I respect Belichick and Brady, but please ... let's not make them out to be Vince Lombardi and Bart Starr or Chuck Noll and Terry Bradshaw.

If Sanchez eats his wheaties and is given six seconds in the pocket he will light up the scoreboard for no less than 40 points by throwing fade routes to Burress all night long.

Sanchez? Oh so now he is Drew Brees, you know I would call Eli pretty good and he only scored what 24 points? Romo scored only 17 and Big Ben didn't reach 30 points, he scored 27 .. 6 or those points were two field goals so who is Sanchez to score 40 points ... and I'm sure they are aware of Plaxico

Sanchez? Oh so now he is Drew Brees, you know I would call Eli pretty good and he only scored what 24 points? Romo scored only 17 and Big Ben didn't reach 30 points, he scored 27 .. 6 or those points were two field goals so who is Sanchez to score 40 points ... and I'm sure they are aware of Plaxico

I thought we were sharing fairy tales. You should be more concise when telling tall tales so the rest of us can respond accordingly.

Weak argument? Reread and think about it. Its one thing to go with your team, but lets look at the reality of who is quarterback for who, who is the coach for who, in a tough situation and who has the most experience in those tough situations.

A tuff situation? You mean like a playoff game?

What the hell is going on out there?

Weak argument.

I reread it....and I think its a weak argument.

By the way, will Chad Ochocinco have a breakout game? because if he does and I have a feeling he will sooner then later then you absolutely have to respect him and his ability to cremate your secondary. But then how do you account for everyone else? Because #85 turned up won't be singled.

He couldn't ******* get more than a garbage time completion when he was a stud. He is going to "cremate" our secondary now that he is a washed up has been?

Scoring more than 17 points is a hell of a goal. How can the Jets beat that?

He couldn't ******* get more than a garbage time completion when he was a stud. He is going to "cremate" our secondary now that he is a washed up has been?

Scoring more than 17 points is a hell of a goal. How can the Jets beat that?

It is crazy but I actually also fear a big game from Ocho this week. Faulk as well.

Like coming from behind in Superbowls, exhibition games, playoff games or having alot of men go down and still able to succeed with the guys that are there

Historically yes. Patriots best years was when Belli had a great defense. Even the year Tommy and Randy shattered all records you guys fell short. Haven;t been close since. The truth is you guys seem to do better during the regular season in low pressure situations now. The playoffs and the increased pressure with them have been bad for you recently. Sunday night will feel like a playoff game. I think the Jets are good.

The Patriots are not a very talented Football team. But they have Brady, thats its. The rest are jags. TE's are good.

Archived